Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
laid-to-waste
...BlTCH

Sludge Metal track "112"

http://kenanalshamie.bandcamp.com/track/112

it's an entry for a competition in the pit, any cnc for improvement or advice things i should leave in? i still have quite a lot of time until the deadline so i can work on it quite a bit
Old 09-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
descara

Argh, I always forget to reply to these things nowadays!

Anyway, it's a nice song for sure, impressive for being two days work! Most of the track flows on nicely structurewise, but 4:09 didn't feel like it was going anywhere at all and felt like it went on too long. The outro, I felt, started too early and lasted too long - a quicker outro, later, would've been a nicer ending.

The production's quite nice, considering - only thing that bothered me was the drums. My tip would be to EQ and use some reverb + possibly parallel compression to make them sound better and fatter.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
Sleepy__Head
A cornucopia of trivia

For two days' work it's pretty good.

Musically it works for me - it drives along nicely with the possible exception of 1.29-2.40 which was maybe a bit laboured, although that could have quite a lot to do with production - it sounds like it should be really nailing me to the wall and it's not quite doing that. All things considered though I'd be happy if I'd written it.

Production-wise the guitars sound good - perhaps not quite angry enough for sludge (they sound more thrashy than sludgy to me) but I like them, so what the hell. The kit sounds like it's pretty narrowly focused, it could so with broadening out a bit and it's also a bit far back in the mix for my taste - the snare in particular sounds like it could do with coming forward quite a bit, and the kick could do with a bit more punch. I'd be tempted to turn the bass up a bit as well - it's there, but it's not quite loud enough.

If you want to C4C the link's here http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1565583
Sleepy__Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: