Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #21
Seanthesheep

a new mayones regius 7 goes for atleast 500$ less than a brand new Custom 24. and Im assuming a new 513 costs more than a CU24. keep that in mind too

check it out here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1491448

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpalka23
but there's something about chocolate syrup cover feet that just makes me happy...
Seanthesheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #22
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
a seafoam green 513 is going to have a very limited market, just saying.

good point, i missed the colour.

that being said, as greeny said, so will (most likely) a 7 string mayones, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico the Great
And what's the thing with resale value? Do you want to keep the guitar or not lol?

most of the time i'd agree- but that's if you're buying with cash in hand. Obviously get the guitar you like.

But if you're doing a straight swap, you need to make sure you're not getting screwed.

As i said, if he really wants the mayones he could just sell his guitar and then buy the mayones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 1.0
TS if you know you will never ever want to sell the Mayones, go for it. As a playing guitar that you love it sounds a safe bet. If financing the thing against a trade value of your PRS is an issue, you could lose out on a few hundred either way, if that seems worth it to you, don't let any anybody stop you. Just realise if you think in 10 years time it will still have the same residual value as an older Mint Limited Prs MAY demand, you may be disappointed.

The other thing that also kills stuff like a rare custom 7 from a sma builder is that forums represent about 0.000001% of guitar players and the average player won't know about or give a shit that a guitar was made by one guy over a year with 200 year old ebony. It's easy to get caught up in what's flavour of the month on forums, but unless those markets are interested its hardto shift niche guitars on a more 'public' based opinion.

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.

Last edited by Dave_Mc : 10-02-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #23
Ippon
Amped

Another +1 to what Tom said.

I'd love to see this Seafoam Green 513!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #24
LP_CL
Gimme a beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 1.0
I know Mayones have been around for a fair amount of time. THat doesn't mean they have and always will command the hype surrounding them now. It's also worth mentioning that they were also well known for sloppy fret work. Poorly made necks, all those laminate layers can cause havoc if not done properly and just a general lack of finese which although it does seem they sorted thief QC issues out, you only need to look at how RAN is plagued with legends of bad builds wether true or false and one bad batch could ruin the future rep of Mayones. Thats the risk with brands like that.

Hell I almost bought a Blackmachine B2 for 1800 new 6 years ago because barely any key have heard of them and this who had only knew because they were fans of Sikth. Look at what the growth of techy bands and the web has done for them and they play like a nice Ibanez and the rest is hype.

TS if you know you will never ever want to sell the Mayones, go for it. As a playing guitar that you love it sounds a safe bet. If financing the thing against a trade value of your PRS is an issue, you could lose out on a few hundred either way, if that seems worth it to you, don't let any anybody stop you. Just realise if you think in 10 years time it will still have the same residual value as an older Mint Limited Prs MAY demand, you may be disappointed.

The other thing that also kills stuff like a rare custom 7 from a sma builder is that forums represent about 0.000001% of guitar players and the average player won't know about or give a shit that a guitar was made by one guy over a year with 200 year old ebony. It's easy to get caught up in what's flavour of the month on forums, but unless those markets are interested its hardto shift niche guitars on a more 'public' based opinion.

Can you please back that up with some evidence? I never ever seen a sloppy mayones pass the QC. It's not because RAN, the other Polish guitar builder, have put out a lot of sloppies, that Mayones has the same illness. I call BS on that, unless I see proof.

Come on man, you know that is bullshit. A blackmachine is undeniably WAY better than a high end Ibanez. Whether it's worth 5000$ more, that's another question.

For the rest of your post, i fully agree. The PRS is better value, and will keep it's value a lot better.
Jackson USA
ESP
Music Man
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Mesa

Band:www.citizinsane.be
LP_CL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #25
Bladed-Vaults
Broceidon king of Brocean

Ill be postin a soundclip today with the mayones tone through my Diamond nitrox. so yall get the feel of it . Someone decided they needed my camera more than I do otherwise id put pics up as well.
Bladed-Vaults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #26
shredftw
Recto's and Headcrabs

in terms of value its hard to say, but from experience the PRS is more likely to hold its value through the years. However having said that 513s aren't the most desired PRS..... let alone a Seafoam green one....

I would worry more about which one plays better and which you prefer to play. That is more important than anything IMO. If you had a 10k PRS lying around that you didn't like to play I would think that would be pointless unless you're JUST a collector
ESP
Mesa Boogie
Fractal Audio Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
shredftw is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: