Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #21
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

I dont see why you would get rid of it just cause you found out its like an Epiphone. I mean you liked the guitar before...

Anyway HNGD LTD guitars are awesome.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.

Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #22
TheWarpRider
Banned

I've played EC-1000s, Gibson LP Studios and SG Specials.

IMO SG>EC-1000>Studio.

Although, you may prefer very modern sounding tones.

HNGD.
TheWarpRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
sunriise0
hardcore

HNGD man, 1000 models are the sh1t!
sunriise0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #24
dannyalcatraz

Quote:
Well I got 60 days to do another swap. I was just being money savvy while getting something worth it, so I can buy a real guitar amp, like mesa boogie.

I thought about a higher guitar when I was looking through the musiciansfriend catalog last night. I personally can't find anything wrong with the EC-1000 guitar I have.

Don't get trapped into believing all the stuff you hear about the various brands is a universal trait of all their guitars. Any manufacturer can make a gem or a dud.

I know of a blues musician in New Orleans who paid his rent, his grocery bills, his clothing bills, and built a collection of guitars most of us could only dream of having using an old Squier and its equally old cheap amp as his main gigging guitar for decades because "it had the mojo." (He lost it and the amp in the Katrina floods.)

Personally, I have an inexpensive Dean Special Select EVO that the only thing I'm going to do to it is swap the pups...and that is my only electric guitar under $1500. It's a very nice guitar to play,

You have an LTD that looks nice, sounds nice, and feels & plays nice. You can't ask any more of a guitar. It's possible that you got the best LTD of its kind made that year...and also possible that you wouldn't like its ESP equivalent as much.

Keep it.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : 10-03-2012 at 12:25 PM.
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #25
griffin888

I thought it was an*ESP NGD.
cause you feel an urge to get some wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
it could turn the wangcaster into a bass.
griffin888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #26
T00DEEPBLUE
Ronald Weasley...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanStorm13
I have been going through the other guitars, cause last night I decided that if I can find something better, than I can and will spend over $1000 to get a real guitar. I really want an Eclipse 2,

What your saying is, anything not labled LTD will be of nice quality. What about that Kirk Hammet sig, I think my GC has one, the KH-DC, double cut away, see thru black cherry.

Wait...

So you're actually going to sell it because an LTD is not an ESP?

Wow, so you literally bought the guitar just for the name and now you've realized that its not a real ESP, you want to sell it?

EPIC FAIL.

You really are one of those guitarists who are suckered in by the name on the headstock aren't you?

(´・ω・`)

Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE : 10-03-2012 at 02:15 PM.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #27
tybacca60

+1 to the above post.Ec-1000's are the shit man(as mentioned before),just keep it.
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000

Last edited by tybacca60 : 10-03-2012 at 04:08 PM.
tybacca60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #28
RyanStorm13

I didn't read this thread till the day after I thought about getting a nicer guitar. So when I was looking at getting an eclipse 2 or whatever, it was before I even read this thread.
Does knowing LTD is like an epiphone bother me, not really.

To me, you get what you pay for. Whether its an $700, $1000 or $1600 guitar, it doesn't matter on the brand, cause 9/10 the brand doesn't matter, its how much you spend on it.

I believe that in everything I buy there is a bare minimum, and once past that, I pick between the cheapest and more expensive things that are above this minimum. Then I do price/performance.

The bare minimum for me was the Epiphone LP Custom Pro. Then I raised my minimum when I wanted stock EMG's, which put me at $750ish. Then I chose between C1 and EC1000.

I think the ec-1000 awesome, and I am not going to find anything better unless I spend $1000, which is what I was considering the other day, but so far the only guitars I would consider is the Eclipse 2, and if I had more money the Ace Frehley or Zakk Wylde sigs.
RyanStorm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #29
RyanStorm13

One of the biggest factors in my choices was the fact that GC won't allow me to put my 15% off's or 100-200$ coupons on any Gibsons or Fenders.

I would have brought home the Gibson SG Special, with my discount, but they wouldn't do it.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #30
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

You should have made a thread proclaiming that you were interested in a Korean guitar with EMGs. I'm sure most everyone would have told you to save money and buy a used LTD/Schecter/PRS SE for $500 or less.

I don't understand you. You had a long thread where you were only interested in either an Epiphone or Gibson, and then all of a sudden you buy an LTD with EMGs. I'm not saying you didn't get the right guitar for you, but you definitely cheated yourself out of making an informed decision by not putting this possibility out there. And the moment you walked out of the guitar store, you're guitar's value dropped to $500.

I guess if you like it, then enjoy it.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #31
RyanStorm13

Well its not permenant. I have 60 days to swap out for something else. I mean its impossible to find any guitar under $1000 that everyone thinks is good, I just wasn't digging any of the gibsons, and even when I found one I liked they wouldn't let me use my coupon.

The only reason I started bringing home guitars was they said I had 60 days if I get the GC Gold Coverage, so I could play them for awhile and wait to see if anything comes in.

I did bring home a used Gibson Studio, but I wasn't feeling it as much cause the screws were all rusted and seemed like it had problems, like it was left in a gig bag for years.
Half my equipment is used, including my bass, but they were mostly from friends, and few on KSL(local classified).

I was looking at gibsons and epiphones but I was planning on switching out the pickups. I wanted a Gibson Studio with 81/60's so it would be like Paul Landers guitar. The ESP idea kind of swayed from the fact Richard Krupse uses ESP, but I don't think he uses EMG 81's anymore.

The first guitar I was looking at was the Agile AL-3110, then it was gibson studios, then epiphone custom, and then I decided to check out the others. I could order any guitar off the internet, I could get a Zakk Wylde that way, but every guitar is different, and I want to feel it before I buy it. The few EC-1000's I tried all felt very different.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #32
RyanStorm13

The guitar I was looking for was a cross between Tool and Rammstein. I like hardness of Rammstein but the progression'ness of Tool.

Which is why I was looking at the Gibson LP Studio "Silverburst", which is the studio version of Adam Jones guitar and kind of its own breed. Lik

I don't think I tried the 498's, but I could always upgrade my pickups later. Paul and Adam both use Gibson Les Paul, but I could always get me an eclipse later down the road.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #33
gregs1020
Hi mom!

there is nothing wrong with a LTD EC-1000. it's a great guitar. in it's price range, not much compares in terms of quality of build/play etc.

you can get a used ESP EC-1000 for about $1000. sam ash has some in their system. you could return yours and go that route if you wanted.

now, as far as hitting those tones, i'll be that guy.

what amp are you using?
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #34
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Quote:
The guitar I was looking for was a cross between Tool and Rammstein. I like hardness of Rammstein but the progression'ness of Tool.

Which is why I was looking at the Gibson LP Studio "Silverburst", which is the studio version of Adam Jones guitar and kind of its own breed. Lik

I don't think I tried the 498's, but I could always upgrade my pickups later. Paul and Adam both use Gibson Les Paul, but I could always get me an eclipse later down the road.

Well I'd definitely take advantage of the GC gold thing and try out as many guitars as possible. You paid for that privilege, you may as well use it.

Don't buy a guitar based on what someone else plays. They will all do the job, and with the right amps/settings/pickup/technique combination, no one can tell you are not using their guitar. Get a guitar that you like, but also try to get the best bang for you buck.

Try them all at the store. Even try out some Ibanez or Jacksons to make sure that you don't overlook something that you might like about them. And be aware of their limitations, such as the pickup configuration, the number of frets, the weight, and the bridge type.

Again, don't worry about what someone else plays, worry about what works best for you.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #35
bobafettacheese

yes, take advantage of the gold thing and play as many as you can. But I have found that chasing someone's tone will generally leave you disappointed, because you would have to use everything they use just to get closer, but then you still aren't them. Depending on where you are located I have seen ec-1000 go for $450 (USD) on craigslist. Someone mentioned it above, but the amp you are using has a lot to do with the sound, so it might not be the guitars you are unhappy with. Just a thought.
Misc. Pedals
bobafettacheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:13 AM   #36
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

Quote:

in so many ways.

did you research at all? did you know the difference between an ESP and LTD at all?

you post your NGD and as stated only say LTD once, and then when we tell you its the lowend brand of ESP you don't like it.

then you say its better than a gibson in the same price range when you are comparing an EMG81/60 with passive PAF like pickups. you can't compare that.

develop your own opinion or at least research. don't try to chase tone. its a waste of money. develop your own tone.

also what amp are you using?
MESA TREM-O-VERB
MESA MKIV...

Ibanez Prestiges
Gibsons
and Wolfgangs

WTLT
trashedlostfdup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:12 AM   #37
syntheticocean

I'm absolutely sick of the snobby kids on here. Congratulations. You took a day where he was 110% thrilled with what he had and you did everything you could to bash it. As you did long ago when I made a similar post. Well guess what? You. Are. Low. I have an ESP EC-1000. Just because the FRONT of the headstock doesn't say ESP doesn't mean it isn't ESP. Stop being stuck up rich kids.

I had an ESP KH-2 and an ESP Horizon. I traded the KH-2 for the EC-1000 because IT PLAYED AND SOUNDED BETTER. I lost the horizon in a house fire.

I have played 10-15 different ESP guitars(not LTD). The LTD Deluxe series is the same build quality and craftsmanship as the ESP name brand. Ok, made in different factories/countries. Parts, IDENTICAL. Woods? 99% of the time YOU CANT SEE THE WOOD ANYWAY. As long as it plays good, looks good. WHO CARES?

Not to 'hijack' the thread, but here are 2 of my ESP guitars.

ESP LTD EC-1000

CLEARLY ESP

ESP LTD ST-203FR

Came with the exact same sticker my ESP Horizon came with... hmmm weird...

Here, painted on is the BRAND. ESP.

So, we know most of the ESP NGD's are LTD's... so stop shitting on anyone who has a smile on their face. Jealousy is an ugly monster. Maybe you have better guitars, maybe you have more money... But you're jealous someone is happy while spending less than you have to in order to be happy.

As for the whole... Only the 'real brand' is good enough for 'real bands' thing... I was shocked years ago. I bought an ESP LTD MH300, a few years later, the EXACT same guitar was in a music video. Yes. An LTD. The band is well known too. Cold. The song "No One".

Check it out, exactly 55 seconds in you can CLEARLY see the LTD on the headstock.
syntheticocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:11 AM   #38
dannyalcatraz

Quote:
I'm absolutely sick of the snobby kids on here. Congratulations. You took a day where he was 110% thrilled with what he had and you did everything you could to bash it. As you did long ago when I made a similar post. Well guess what? You. Are. Low. I have an ESP EC-1000. Just because the FRONT of the headstock doesn't say ESP doesn't mean it isn't ESP. Stop being stuck up rich kids.

Dude, I think you've misunderstood a LOT of what's going on here.

So far as I can tell, nobody is criticizing the LTD for being an LTD. In fact, most of the response has been pro-LTD.

What IS being criticized is the seeming buyer's remorse that the OP had when he discovered that LTD is ESP's analog to Fender's Squire or Gibson's Epiphone.

So, chill out, and join the rest of us in telling him there's nothing wrong with his LTD.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:19 AM   #39
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz
Dude, I think you've misunderstood a LOT of what's going on here.

So far as I can tell, nobody is criticizing the LTD for being an LTD. In fact, most of the response has been pro-LTD.

What IS being criticized is the seeming buyer's remorse that the OP had when he discovered that LTD is ESP's analog to Fender's Squire or Gibson's Epiphone.

So, chill out, and join the rest of us in telling him there's nothing wrong with his LTD.

+1, yeah mate I think you're getting worked up about nothing. I was always a fan of LTDs, but when I got the chance to get a used ESP bass for cheaper than a deluxe-series, well I just had to go with it. Not everyone who owns an ESP is a "spoilt rich kid" (although some of them are, same with Gibson, Fender or PRS though.)

Just for balance, here is my beautiful, gorgeous-playing LTD that I really should never have sold

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."

Last edited by eddiehimself : 10-04-2012 at 05:28 AM.
eddiehimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #40
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick

This thread... so glad I read it before bed... many luls

Anyways TS, if you care about what's on the headstock, take it back and get an ESP. F*k what people think.

'10 Gibson Firebird V
Marshall SL5
cdr_salamander is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: