Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #41
NotTheMessiah30
UG Fanatic

Yeah, definitely missed the point there! There's really nothing wrong with LTD at all, they're good guitars and the TS should definitely keep his since he was so pleased with it in the first place.

And for the record I'm not a kid, I'm in my 30's. Secondly as I kid I was not a spoilt rich kid either, in fact I grew up in a house that was basically inhabitable, severe damp cold an broken windows to boot. So don't jump to conclusions. I am far from rich currently as well, I just found myself finally in a position where I could afford an ESP and decided to go for it because I have no Idea if I'll ever be able to spend that much on a guitar ever again.

As we've all been saying LTDs are very good guitars, we were just pointing out that they're not the same product line as ESP.
NotTheMessiah30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #42
LP_CL
Gimme a beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticocean
huge pointless rant

Are you done being butt hurt? Nothing wrong with LTD's, that's what we are trying to say. It's just you acting like a drama queen. Sorry about your Horizon, that must have been terrible.
Besides all that, yes, LTD is an official budget line by ESP. That doesn't make it the same. There is a reason it says LTD and not ESP on the front of the headstock. But all that is no reason to think LTD's are bad guitars, and ESP's are the best the world has to offer. No, not at all. Why is it so hard for some people to accept the difference between the two, without feeling bad having an LTD? Or think that others find it not good enough?
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl

Band:www.citizinsane.be
LP_CL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #43
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_CL
Are you done being butt hurt? Nothing wrong with LTD's, that's what we are trying to say. It's just you acting like a drama queen. Sorry about your Horizon, that must have been terrible.
Besides all that, yes, LTD is an official budget line by ESP. That doesn't make it the same. There is a reason it says LTD and not ESP on the front of the headstock. But all that is no reason to think LTD's are bad guitars, and ESP's are the best the world has to offer. No, not at all. Why is it so hard for some people to accept the difference between the two, without feeling bad having an LTD? Or think that others find it not good enough?

This.

@syntheticocean No one was criticizing LTD at all. You either have a reading comprehension problem, or you didn't read most of the thread before posting.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #44
syntheticocean

People continually say 'LTD IS NOT ESP'. 100% wrong.
syntheticocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #45
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

Quote:

Squires are not Fenders
Epiphones/OBG/Orvilles are not Gibsons

LTD/EDWARDS/Grassroots guitars are not ESP guitars. They aren't even made in the same factory.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.

Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #46
T00DEEPBLUE
Edits posts like a boss

Quote:

You're 100% wrong.

(´・ω・`)
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #47
Air_Vengeance
Registered Kramer User

Quote:

"You have been removed from the LTD = LTD crusaders memberlist, because you clearly do not understand much about ESP and LTD guitars. You can join again, after you learn more about them.

Good day."

Says the guy with that on his profile LOL
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Air_Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #48
T00DEEPBLUE
Edits posts like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Vengeance
"You have been removed from the LTD = LTD crusaders memberlist, because you clearly do not understand much about ESP and LTD guitars. You can join again, after you learn more about them.

Good day."

*lurked*

(´・ω・`)
Old 10-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #49
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

Quote:

Good day."

This guy must be a troll.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.

Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #50
dannyalcatraz

Quote:

Not exactly.

1) LTD is what is known as "a wholly owned subsidiary" of ESP- a distinct legal entity.

2) even though they may be made in the same factories with similar parts, there IS a diffence in quality, certain options exist within each company that do not exist within the other (on purpose) and not all the parts are interchangeable.* This is done on purpose, and all the parent companies do this.

This in no way subtracts from the concept that LTD can and has put out a good guitar...and in certain cases, possibly even a better guitar for the money than a comparably equipped ESP.

* For example, if you go looking- as I have this week- you will find that the pickguards that work on certain Fender Strats will not fit Squier Strats.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #51
RyanStorm13

I never said I didn't like it for being LTD, if I cared about what country it was made from I wouldn't be trying epiphones and gibsons.

I am not wanting a specific tone, but more of what I want to work with. I would say my tone is somewhere in the mix of Megadeth, Kiss, Manson, Rammstein and Dio.

I plug into my Line6 UX2, and usually play at night and use my audiotechnica headphones, but during the day I play out my BX5a Studio Monitors.
I also have a BX-80 Crate Bass Amp, which I use from time to time.

Which is kind of why I wanted to save some money to get a real guitar amp, something smaller and badass like mesa boogie.

The toneport stuff that came with my UX2 is awesome, but I also got amplitude, which re-creates just about every amp from orange, to fender to Marshall. So effects and tone aren't a problem.

I think a silverburst gibson would be cool, but I think I want to keep the emg 81/60s, so I think I might try a few guitars on the weekends, and probably won't swap, unless the Zakk WYlde epiphone shows up, or the Ace Frehley sig.
RyanStorm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #52
steven_ferns84

I like the LTD copies of the ESP. They are fine guitars & have really good quality control.

Now having said that, I think the problem arises when something like this happens

Opinions like that in the vid above, put the impression on someone that's buying something on a tight budget that "yes that's gotta be true, it sounds heavy & equal in quality throughout the comparison so why should I even spend another $ on the original, I'll just get the low budget copy & be happy with it." Then the same person tries to convince other owners of the original that "hey, lookie here, I saved a ton of $ on the copy, haha you got hacked for spending that much on the original".

That can really get on peoples nerves who know exactly why the original is so darn expensive.

The opposite is also true for those that really are fixated on getting exactly the original & anything different is just wrong.

It's a fun world we live in.

Speaking of which,

Quote:
I have played 10-15 different ESP guitars(not LTD)

But

Quote:

Which part? Just having fun
steven_ferns84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #53
T00DEEPBLUE
Edits posts like a boss

The problem with videos like that is they're pretty pointless. No two guitars are ever manufactured identically so saying that one brand is awesome because they make 1 guitar that is perfect is completely redundant.

(´・ω・`)
Old 10-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #54
LP_CL
Gimme a beer!

Quote:

Good day."

I typed that :p
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl

Band:www.citizinsane.be
LP_CL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #55
steven_ferns84

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
The problem with videos like that is they're pretty pointless. No two guitars are ever manufactured identically so saying that one brand is awesome because they make 1 guitar that is perfect is completely redundant.

Exactly, then there are other aspects like the amp that they're being plugged into with a insane "stuff" mode. That pretty much negates the tonal quality of the guitar leaving only the playability aspect of it to be valid point of judgement. In that case "I" could get a Squier bullet modded enough to sound the same as that one & save even more and in my opinion that would be the world's greatest heavy metal guitar ever haha

But I getting off topic here,

TS, If I were you then I would have gotten the boogie amp first & then used the GC 60day trial policy to start testing different guitars later down the road unless it was absolutely critical to buy one right now. A real amp like a boogie is a different beast compared to the amplitude emulation you are using now. Testing out different guitars would have been alot worthwhile on it rather than on the PC modeler.
steven_ferns84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #56
dannyalcatraz

That video...

The guy may know how to play, but it sounds like his mic is in the bottom of a tin can. And I love the music he uses in the text portions- it sounds like part of a DeVry Technical School commercial.

As for this:

Quote:
I typed that :p

Thank you, sir.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #57
bobafettacheese

TS, honestly your style of music you play is diverse, ranging from Kiss to Rammstein and everywhere in between. However, it does appear that you are still searching for anothers tone.
Wanting the ace and wylde sigs, IMO is a huge waste of money. They may be decent guitars but most artist sigs are overpriced. Remember one guitar will not cover all your styles perfectly. Honestly, without being rude it seems like you are very confused.
I have kept up with your search for a guitar and it seems like people are talking you out of your choices way too easily, epi to gibson, then ltd to ESP. Anyway, best of luck.
Misc. Pedals
bobafettacheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #58
RyanStorm13

I think there is no question on whether the EC-1000 is a great metal guitar period. THe EMG 81 is a classic from Metallica to Rammstein. I think the 60 is probably better than the 86, or its just as good.

I also think its no question whether this guitar is great to play, which it is. The action is low with little to no buzz, and the neck is just smooth as hell for climbing up and down.

The only thing that could help me at this point, is finding something equal for cheaper or something better for more(that of course is a good price/performance).

I have no doubt in my mind that this is one of the best guitars I have played. I don't have to tell you how amazing she looks, the kicker is, she sounds just as good as she looks.

The only ones I know that play equal or better is the Gibson Studio, or the C1 Hellraiser. But for the price and non coupon gibson was dismissed, plus I wasn't into the 490s as much as I was into the EMGs. The C1 was awesome and cheaper, but I was digging the EC-1000 more.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #59
bobafettacheese

Can't compare the gibson to the LTD, different pickups produce a different sound. Glad to see you are happy with the guitar.
As stated by steven I would have went for the amp first, unless you did not have a guitar at the moment.
Misc. Pedals
bobafettacheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #60
RyanStorm13

I am coming from a free guitar amp pack from RC Willy for spending $500 or more on a Fridge.

I set her up myself and she played ok, just like a strat, but I destoryed her trying to shred, and I just finally happen to have money at the time which I saved, so I wanted a real guitar.
But before that I had an Epiphone SG, then a BC Rich Warlock, Epiphone LP-100, and then for a short while I borrowed a few nicer guitars here and there.

I am fairly new to testing pickup sounds, and building tone. With this amazing software I haven't had a hard time getting any sound.

What happens is I make a list of guitars, thinking some are gonna be great, then some are and some aren't, and I bring one home and decide its not exactly what I want.

Rate This Thread: