Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
makutoid
Registered Rocker

SG Wiring Issue

I have an Epiphone SG (G400), which had possibly the crappest sounding stock pickups I've ever heard. I had some old pickups from a 1970s Les Paul copy that I took out cause they weren't potted, so I potted these and went to install them in the SG. Here's the problem...

The stock pickups not only sucked, but the bridge pickup hasn't worked for several years - I assumed from when I was a kid and pulled a screw out of it, put it back in, and it hadn't worked since. Very low signal but it is present.. When I put the new pickups in, it's doing the same thing again?

I know that both the new pickups work as there were no problems (other than feedback) when they were in the original guitar, and it's not the switch as I reversed the wiring and it did the same thing but obviously reversed.. I also replaced the volume pot on the bridge pickup and that didn't do it either.

ANY IDEAS?! I love this guitar and would love to have it working, and these old pickups are pretty sweet too. Please help!

Yamaha SF500 x2 - Sunburst & White
Yamaha SF700 - Sunburst
Yamaha SF1000 x2 - Oil-Stain & Blonde

Marshall JCM900 Dual Reverb

New Pedalboard in progress..
makutoid is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: