Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-04-2012, 03:27 AM   #21
ThatGuyAlberto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
If it's under warranty just send it back.

Unfortunately I skipped out on the warranty. I was an idiot and listened to my non-musican friends who told me to avoid it. It is not working that horribly anyway. And besides, it isn't something that can't be fixed.
ThatGuyAlberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #22
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyAlberto
Other info: -I am new to tube amps so I have no clue what I am doing here. I just replaced the power and pre-amp tubes and thought all would be fine.
-THe main problem has something to do with the treble knob. Turned at more than half way it will either make over the top noise or give me extra loud and toneless cleans.
-THE TREBLE KNOB IS ALSO VERY LOOSE. That might be the most important detail I left out.

Sounds like a bad potentiometer. How did you buy this amp? Used/New? Keep in mind Mesa has a 5 year warranty so if its in this timeframe and its not "outside influence" then it should be covered.

If its out of warranty due to the complexity of the amp I would try to find most reputable repair shop and have them put a new potentiometer in.

Most of the time when the pot feels loose in comparison to the others it doesn't function electrically properly either.

Keep us posted.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: