Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 10-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #2021
Obama FTW
you can call me Bill.
 
Obama FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Good ol' PA.
I feel like people treat the election like a game.Which strategy will they use to get more votes? I understand they want more votes, but I dont feel turning back on numerous things you say is acceptable when you are running for president.

I see on all the debate recaps that people are saying Romney used the strategy of agreeing. If I want someone to agree with everything Obama says, I'll vote for Obama. I don't feel they should be treating this whole election like a game.
__________________
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Pedals
Digitech Multi-Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Amp
Peavey 5150


Go Falcons!
Obama FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #2022
Twist of fate
We Came as Romans
 
Twist of fate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Jersey. If you could live forever, would you be ready for the next Adventure?
Why is the environment barely even brought up in this election? People can hide from the issues and dismiss the problems all they want but they aren't going to go away. It's kind of terrifying how it's almost not a major issue.

Al Gore 2000
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy14
stop flirting you player twist of fate!


Band page! http://www.facebook.com/PedestalsNJ

Tumblr-http://www.one-mandrinkinggamess.tumblr.com
Twist of fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #2023
megano28
Inspiring Multi's
 
megano28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
It was brought up. Obama was criticized for looking for greener options by Romney, who insisted that we deplete our natural oil supply
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanglewoodguit
I'm against hatred


Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Because if I par myself enough maybe everyone else will stop.
megano28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #2024
Twist of fate
We Came as Romans
 
Twist of fate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Jersey. If you could live forever, would you be ready for the next Adventure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by megano28
It was brought up. Obama was criticized for looking for greener options by Romney, who insisted that we deplete our natural oil supply

Pretty sure as far as we know we only have a few decades left of oil but if Romney wins I wish him luck with that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy14
stop flirting you player twist of fate!


Band page! http://www.facebook.com/PedestalsNJ

Tumblr-http://www.one-mandrinkinggamess.tumblr.com
Twist of fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #2025
megano28
Inspiring Multi's
 
megano28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
His slogan was Energy Independence by 2020(?)

I wonder how he figured that oil production is going to lead to that. IMO if we elect another idiot like him after supposedly learning from Bush...I'll be very sad
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanglewoodguit
I'm against hatred


Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Because if I par myself enough maybe everyone else will stop.
megano28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #2026
Twist of fate
We Came as Romans
 
Twist of fate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Jersey. If you could live forever, would you be ready for the next Adventure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by megano28
His slogan was Energy Independence by 2020(?)

I wonder how he figured that oil production is going to lead to that. IMO if we elect another idiot like him after supposedly learning from Bush...I'll be very sad

I blame the old people in the south and midwest.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy14
stop flirting you player twist of fate!


Band page! http://www.facebook.com/PedestalsNJ

Tumblr-http://www.one-mandrinkinggamess.tumblr.com
Twist of fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #2027
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I blame the old people in the south and midwest.

Don't worry. They'll all be dead soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
Amazing how almost all the discussion of these debates centres around demeanor and composure and delivery, shit that is entirely irrelevant to anything, rather than the substance of the discussion.

Oh god, this.

I don't understand it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
95% of teens have moved on to hip hop. Put this in your sig if you're part of th 5% who care about REAL music.




Check out my...

YouTube

Last edited by WCPhils : 10-23-2012 at 10:40 AM.
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #2028
megano28
Inspiring Multi's
 
megano28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
Oh god, this.

I don't understand it.



Let me explain it to you then...


When you meet an amazing woman, someone you get along with so well with on top of being fine as a motha****a: You go back home thinking about how good she looked as well as how much you clicked and talked about

When you meet a bombshell 9 but the conversation has no substance. You go home thinking about how good she looked.

Moral of the story: When your candidate has no substance behind his speeches, you tend to focus on how pretty he was during the campaign/debate
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanglewoodguit
I'm against hatred


Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Because if I par myself enough maybe everyone else will stop.
megano28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #2029
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
That makes way to much sense.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
95% of teens have moved on to hip hop. Put this in your sig if you're part of th 5% who care about REAL music.




Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #2030
due 07
haaan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivean
So, just because I point out the black president's emotional displays, it automatically means I'm racist?

Obviously that's not what I said. But anyway I didn't really expect you to reply and say "Oh I guess you're right due" so w/e.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #2031
metalblaster
UG Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
Amazing how almost all the discussion of these debates centres around demeanor and composure and delivery, shit that is entirely irrelevant to anything, rather than the substance of the discussion.


You're right. It doesn't say much to the subjects at hand. That's just something I had noticed, although quite irrelevant as you say.

I just think there's shit I like about Obama, and there's stuff I really don't like about him. There's shit I don't like about Romney, and there's shit I can agree on with him. For example, I was quite happy when they pretty much came to terms on the international situation regarding Iran and such.

I don't know. Overall I think the states are just ''doing it wrong'' in general. But then again I can't compare my Canadian system to a completely different and unique country. Different country, different needs, different priorities.


The healthcare thing is what really stirs me up. I just laugh when people think healthcare is actually affordable without government help. We're just not there yet in terms of that. Unless you're rich, then you will spend a massive chunk of your income on healthcare, regardless of how much taxes are cut on your already low taxes.
metalblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #2032
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalblaster
I don't know. Overall I think the states are just ''doing it wrong'' in general. But then again I can't compare my Canadian system to a completely different and unique country. Different country, different needs, different priorities.

Ya you can, and you should. Unfortunately because of shit like this:

Top 5 Military Spenders 2012


The stuff America does affects us all.

I'm amazed that people are entranced by "How forcefully they spoke" or some bullshit rather than the fact that neither of them appear to have a plan for ending the apparently never-ending war that the US is involved in. That should be the only thing on the table at a foreign policy debate in such a climate; in any sane country it would be.
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #2033
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
Why is the environment barely even brought up in this election? People can hide from the issues and dismiss the problems all they want but they aren't going to go away. It's kind of terrifying how it's almost not a major issue.

Al Gore 2000


Because it's NOT a major issue.

When people are out of work, broke and scared, they don't give a shit about the environment.

Social and environmental issues are the fodder for countries with thriving economies, the rest can't afford them.
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #2034
megano28
Inspiring Multi's
 
megano28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
Ya you can, and you should. Unfortunately because of shit like this:

Top 5 Military Spenders 2012


The stuff America does affects us all.




We could cut our defense budget in half and still be ahead by quite a bit. How that money could be used
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanglewoodguit
I'm against hatred


Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Because if I par myself enough maybe everyone else will stop.
megano28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:34 AM   #2035
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
Top 5 Military Spenders 2012


That's in billions?!?!

WTF
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
95% of teens have moved on to hip hop. Put this in your sig if you're part of th 5% who care about REAL music.




Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #2036
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
That's in billions?!?!

WTF

That's in Billions, and that's just in one year.
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #2037
ErikLensherr
blackflag, pls
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Because it's NOT a major issue.

When people are out of work, broke and scared, they don't give a shit about the environment.

Social and environmental issues are the fodder for countries with thriving economies, the rest can't afford them.

People not caring doesn't make it an unimportant issue. I think it's potentially the most important long term issue. Not just for this country, for our species.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
you don't live in hawaii. I live there. I should bop you in your yiffing face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
I knew someone who has said the character Rockadoodle made him first realize he was gay.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #2038
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
People not caring doesn't make it an unimportant issue. I think it's potentially the most important long term issue. Not just for this country, for our species.


Actually for all practical purposes, yes it does. 'Importance' is an assigned value, not an inherent one.

You would be wrong. Energy is the most important long term issue. Given enough cheap energy we can clean up almost any level of pollution/environmental damage.
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #2039
willT08
Rap Game Joan Fontaine
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
You would be wrong. Energy is the most important long term issue. Given enough cheap energy we can clean up almost any level of pollution/environmental damage.

What is this I don't even...

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean in the real world. If we keep the price of oil down it means we can clean up all the damage it does?
__________________
Rim, don't RIM
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #2040
ErikLensherr
blackflag, pls
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Actually for all practical purposes, yes it does.
No it doesn't. People just before the stock market crash in 1929 didn't care about regulating banks. Still an important issue, they just didn't realize it.

Quote:
You would be wrong. Energy is the most important long term issue. Given enough cheap energy we can clean up almost any level of pollution/environmental damage.

That's part of the environmental issue. Ending our dependence on fossil fuels that are ****ing up the planet in potentially irreversible ways.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
you don't live in hawaii. I live there. I should bop you in your yiffing face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
I knew someone who has said the character Rockadoodle made him first realize he was gay.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.