Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 10-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #2041
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
What is this I don't even...

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean in the real world. If we keep the price of oil down it means we can clean up all the damage it does?


No, that's not what it means. Surely you don't think that fossil fuels are the 'wave of the future'?

C'mon, you're smarter than this...
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.

Last edited by Arby911 : 10-23-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #2042
willT08
Rap Game Joan Fontaine
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
No, that's not what it means. Surely you don't think that fossil fuels are the 'wave of the future'?
What does it mean then? I honestly don't understand. What has the price of energy got to do with the damage it does?

And who are you quoting?

Quote:
C'mon, you're smarter than this...

Steady on.
__________________
Rim, don't RIM
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #2043
megano28
Inspiring Multi's
 
megano28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
That's part of the environmental issue. Ending our dependence on fossil fuels that are ****ing up the planet in potentially irreversible ways.


This is our issue, not the planet's. It's arrogant of us to believe we can **** up the planet to no return. We might die off from our consequences, but the planet will remain and undo the shit we've done to it in the long haul.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanglewoodguit
I'm against hatred


Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Because if I par myself enough maybe everyone else will stop.
megano28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #2044
iwannabesedated
UG's King Sombra
 
iwannabesedated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Columbusish, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by megano28
This is our issue, not the planet's. It's arrogant of us to believe we can **** up the planet to no return. We might die off from our consequences, but the planet will remain and undo the shit we've done to it in the long haul.


You make it sound like we won't kill off thousands of other species in the process.
iwannabesedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #2045
ErikLensherr
blackflag, pls
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by megano28
This is our issue, not the planet's. It's arrogant of us to believe we can **** up the planet to no return.

Scientists say otherwise and their opinion's really the only one I care about on this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
Tfw the woman you love is without her dog and having night terrors and u can't do anything to help her
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #2046
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
What does it mean then? I honestly don't understand. What has the price of energy got to do with the damage it does?

And who are you quoting?


Steady on.


I'm not quoting anyone, I was using them to set off the premise, but your point is taken.

Energy is the real concern, not pollution, since given enough cheap energy we can fix pretty much any level of pollution.

Thus the key to the environment isn't to pollute less (although I support that insofar as practical) since all that does is delay the inevitable, it's to find alternative sources of cheap energy, some of which already exist but are irrationally despised by the same folks that bemoan the pollution concerns.
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #2047
megano28
Inspiring Multi's
 
megano28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
Scientists say otherwise and their opinion's really the only one I care about on this.



well then how about looking at the scientists who agree with what I said? What you said like plain regurgitation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannabesedated
You make it sound like we won't kill off thousands of other species in the process.



You make it sound like they wouldn't go extinct without us anyway.

Over 90% of the species that have lived on this planet have gone extinct.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanglewoodguit
I'm against hatred


Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Because if I par myself enough maybe everyone else will stop.
megano28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #2048
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by megano28


We could cut our defense budget in half and still be ahead by quite a bit. How that money could be used
Nope! Increase it by two trillion dollars!
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #2049
ErikLensherr
blackflag, pls
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by megano28
well then how about looking at the scientists who agree with what I said?

The vast majority agree with what I said. The tiny fraction who'd deny global warming are the same ones who collect paychecks from oil companies in whose financial interest it is to deny it. Hmm, I wonder if there's a correlation there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
Tfw the woman you love is without her dog and having night terrors and u can't do anything to help her
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #2050
bradulator
through being cool
 
bradulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
What he's saying is the reason people have a problem with Obama being upfront is because of the angry black man trope. If Obama was a white guy, nobody would have a problem with how upfront he was. But, because he's black and showed signs of frustration, it's noteworthy and needs attention called to it.

Look at the reverse. In debate one, when Romney was super argumentative, was there any projected anger? I personally saw him as angry several times (since I'm great and don't see race and am better than everybody who ever lived), but most people did not. In the second two debates, Obama does the same exact stuff that Romney did in the first, and then Obama is angry and frustrated.

That's the diff.

I'm not trying to sidetrack this from Obama winning 2 out of 3 debates.


lol nah.

The reasoning is based more on political bias than anything. While there are probably people who do what you are describing, I sincerely doubt it's in the majority. Like, Fox News doesn't like Romney and push for Romney because Obama's black, they do it because they are overly sympathetic to conservative causes. It's a partisan issue waaaay more than a race one.

I get painted as a conservative around here because I have to defend people from ridiculous claims like this. Republicans like Romney because he's a Republican so they will always try and paint Obama in a bad light. They did the same thing to Biden. But it's because he's old and Paul Ryan's young, right?
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #2051
willT08
Rap Game Joan Fontaine
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Energy is the real concern, not pollution, since given enough cheap energy we can fix pretty much any level of pollution.

This is what I'm not understanding in terms of what it means in reality. And I still really don't get it. I understand what you mean, but not how it would work in the real world.

Quote:
Thus the key to the environment isn't to pollute less (although I support that insofar as practical) since all that does is delay the inevitable, it's to find alternative sources of cheap energy, some of which already exist but are irrationally despised by the same folks that bemoan the pollution concerns.

Are we talking about Nuclear here?

I can't stand people who are vehemently anti-Nuclear energy.

Anyhow, the way out of the energy crisis is to perfect Nuclear Fusion. This much should be painfully obvious to everyone. We've already done it on a small scale, we now need to invest heavily in it until we can use it globally. It's energy on a whole 'nother scale to every alternative, and I think it's reasonable to assume that it could be done fairly cheaply whilst outdating every other form of energy production.
__________________
Rim, don't RIM
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #2052
megano28
Inspiring Multi's
 
megano28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
The vast majority agree with what I said. The tiny fraction who'd deny global warming are the same ones who collect paychecks from oil companies in whose financial interest it is to deny it. Hmm, I wonder if there's a correlation there.



Deny global warming? Come on man, putting words in my mouth? I said that this planet will recover long after we've gone extinct. You can go ahead and get all hippie claiming we need to save the planet, but the truth is that the planet doesn't need any saving. We do.

I'd appreciate it if the next time you were to reply, you didn't pull words out of your ass and claim I said them
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanglewoodguit
I'm against hatred


Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Because if I par myself enough maybe everyone else will stop.
megano28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #2053
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world
 
Kytokinesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Following my self-preservation drive
These debates have shown no interest in the space program
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #2054
eGraham
Logjammin'
 
eGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cutting off your Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytokinesis
These debates have shown no interest in the space program

Bleh, space. So bland. What could possibly be less interesting?




I kid. I'm with you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.




I am an equal opportunity banner
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #2055
ErikLensherr
blackflag, pls
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by megano28
Deny global warming? Come on man, putting words in my mouth? I said that this planet will recover long after we've gone extinct. You can go ahead and get all hippie claiming we need to save the planet, but the truth is that the planet doesn't need any saving. We do.

I'd appreciate it if the next time you were to reply, you didn't pull words out of your ass and claim I said them

Oh, I misunderstood what you were saying then. My b.

The planet might recover and new life forms would develop but I'd still rather avoid wiping ourselves out along with most other species here with us.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
Tfw the woman you love is without her dog and having night terrors and u can't do anything to help her
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #2056
WaterGod
SEC *****es!!!!!
 
WaterGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbia, Mizzou United States of AmeriKa
Donald Trump is saying that at noon tomorrow he's going to reveal a major Obama bombshell

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidwi...at-could-it-be/

So do you think he finally found Obama's 'real' birth certificate?
WaterGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #2057
eGraham
Logjammin'
 
eGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cutting off your Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterGod
Donald Trump is saying that at noon tomorrow he's going to reveal a major Obama bombshell

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidwi...at-could-it-be/

So do you think he finally found Obama's 'real' birth certificate?

I'd have to laugh.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.




I am an equal opportunity banner
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #2058
willT08
Rap Game Joan Fontaine
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterGod
Donald Trump is saying that at noon tomorrow he's going to reveal a major Obama bombshell

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidwi...at-could-it-be/

So do you think he finally found Obama's 'real' birth certificate?

You have no idea how much I hope he has a birth certificate to show off.

EDIT: Obviously it's not gonna be anything substantial or damaging because he would've gone straight to the top with it. It's a shit publicity stunt which is gonna make him look silly.

Is there a new series of the Apprentice starting soon or something?
__________________
Rim, don't RIM

Last edited by willT08 : 10-23-2012 at 01:29 PM.
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #2059
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world
 
Kytokinesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Following my self-preservation drive
Probably will just be "haha obama fag lolololz"
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #2060
SteveHouse
trys hard, loves the game
 
SteveHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Recreational Meth Vehicle
It amazes me how appalled some of the Americans ITT were at Paddy's defense spending graph. What, did you think the "more than the next ten spenders combined" thing was a joke?
__________________

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)
SteveHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.