User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #2081
ErikLensherr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankv
So, to talks about something different, do you guys reckon that if Romney ends up winning he would act as the mild governor Romney or as the steak-eating, red-blooded Mittens he would like the republican party to see him as?

He'll be a rubber stamp for whatever the Republican controlled House (and possibly Senate) wants.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #2082
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankv
So, to talks about something different, do you guys reckon that if Romney ends up winning he would act as the mild governor Romney or as the steak-eating, red-blooded Mittens he would like the republican party to see him as?

He'd be in bed with the far right. If you notice he did not take any of his usual neoconservative stances on foreign policy last night. Indeed he took positions neocons derided when held by Obama. But if you tune into your favorite neoconservative pundit, they don't give a shit because they know Mitt's positions last night were only a ruse.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #2083
iwannabesedated
UG's King Sombra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
He'll be a rubber stamp for whatever the Republican controlled House (and possibly Senate) wants.

Highly unlikely the Senate will be Republican. Democrats are actually looking at gaining seats.

But yeah, House will be Republican, although the Dems look to be picking up a few seats there too. If they do exceedingly well it will be about 50/50

Of course it's unlikely Romney will win right now anyway. His small lead in a few national polls doesn't fix the fact that he's behind in most of the states he needs to win.

Last edited by iwannabesedated : 10-23-2012 at 05:00 PM.
iwannabesedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #2084
bradulator
through being cool

I think Mitt Romney is such a jellyfish that there's no way to tell who he would emulate while in office.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #2085
eGraham
Logjammin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
I think Mitt Romney is such a jellyfish that there's no way to tell who he would emulate while in office.

I think he's more of a blowfish.

October 23, 2014
eGraham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #2086
bradulator
through being cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I think he's more of a blowfish.

I might lean towards a goldfish.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #2087
megano28
Inspiring Multi's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26
...Was there any meaningful point to that then? Was it just, "It ain't da planet, it our speshiez"? I think most people who are for green energy understand that and they don't really mean the actual planet.

Was there any meaningful point to you replying to this? You do see the hypocrisy right?

I for one, don't give people the benefit of the doubt anymore, if you mean something go ahead and say what you mean, don't assume that others will "understand that". I've talked to many over this and the truth of the matter is that not everyone gets that the planet will be okay in the long haul. When you hear people crying over the polar ice caps and not our depleting reserve of freshwater, it puts things in perspective.

Another point would be, why talk about it altruistically? I'm sure people would react more vigorously if you were blunt and said that it's OUR well-being that's at stake and not the planet's. No one gives a shit about plastic in the sea, at least not as much as telling them that they have 50-100 years of the good life at most left before we reach the carrying capacity of this planet.

You're giving the people of this world way too much credit, if we were as intelligent as you hoped, half of our troubles wouldn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
Because if I par myself enough maybe everyone else will stop.
megano28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #2088
TOMMYB22
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by megano28
This is our issue, not the planet's. It's arrogant of us to believe we can **** up the planet to no return. We might die off from our consequences, but the planet will remain and undo the shit we've done to it in the long haul.

How do you expect that to happen? The planet doesn't exactly heal itself like Wolverine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
TOMMYB22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #2089
megano28
Inspiring Multi's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMYB22
How do you expect that to happen? The planet doesn't exactly heal itself like Wolverine.

I know, Wolverine heals himself instantly

Seeing how nearly every substance on earth will eventually decompose, it's safe to say that our impact on this planet will be nonexistant, after x amount of years.

Quote:
Old 10-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #2090
TOMMYB22
UG Newbie

Quote:
I know, Wolverine heals himself instantly

Seeing how nearly every substance on earth will eventually decompose, it's safe to say that our impact on this planet will be nonexistant, after x amount of years.

...that was the joke.

Not really, i don't see how everything decomposing translates to fixing the ozone layer or melting ice caps or whatever else it is that most environmentalists bitch about. Care to explain how?

Quote:
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Old 10-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #2091
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything

I loved his face here:

now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
guitarist41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #2092
Neer

Quote:
...that was the joke.

Not really, i don't see how everything decomposing translates to fixing the ozone layer or melting ice caps or whatever else it is that most environmentalists bitch about. Care to explain how?

Neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #2093
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything

When they spoke about Lybia, were they talking about Lybia Majora or Lybia Minora?
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
guitarist41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #2094
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neer

For George Carlin
Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #2095
due 07
haaan

Quote:

is he being 'ironic' or is he just a ******?
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #2096
megano28
Inspiring Multi's

Quote:
...that was the joke.

It's was a shit joke, hence the eyeroll

How did it get there to begin with? Magic? Honestly ffs are you expecting a science lesson on how the world is going to slow transform back to how it was exactly?

But to entertain the broadest question you could ask.

Earth + Humans = OK
Earth + Humans + Human Creations = Bad
Earth + Humans + Human Creations + Time = Damage
Earth + Humans + Human Creations + Time - Humans = Damaged World
Earth + Human Creations + Time^(x) = Damaged World + Items damaging the earth beginning to decompose
Earth + Human Creations + Time^(x) - Human Creations = World on recovery
Earth + Time^(x^x) = World Recovered

I'll even go into the ozone. TO begin with Ozone is the chemical that the environmental freaks are getting their panties in a bunch. It's the major player in our Ozone layer (<--See it's even named there) Oxygen is found in O3 O2 and O in the atmosphere because it's constantly being broken down by UV light. So every once in a while O2 and O react to form O3 and then UV light breaks it down to O2+O and O2 is broken down as well. As seen here it's never in a constant state of Ozone, it's always moving back and forth. In come CFCs, which is what we ****ed the Ozone with. Here:

O3 ---(after absorbing ultra violet rays)-----> O2 + O

CFCl3 ---(ultraviolet ray)---> CFClO2 + Cl

Cl +O3---->ClO+O2

ClO+O3------------> Cl+2O2

The CFCs also break down under UV light and then end up blocking the O3 formation cycle by stealing an oxygen atom. So pretty much the atmosphere is self correcting, it's the inclusion of our own chemicals that is ****ing up the cycle. Remove our chemicals and bamm here comes recovery

Quote:
Old 10-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #2097
Jon777
Assbender

~
Jon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #2098
ErikLensherr
Banned

Quote:

That was really, really dumb.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #2099
TOMMYB22
UG Newbie

Quote:
*extended bullshitting*

Ah, i see now.

Quote:
Old 10-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #2100
megano28
Inspiring Multi's

Quote:
Ah, i see now.

lol, it's not my part you don't understand the basic nature of our natural systems. Calling an argument bullshit with absolutely no backing on it whatsoever is either:

A) A cop out
B) A cop out

Quote:

Rate This Thread: