Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
kimi_page

adjusting fingerings ??

For the past couple of months I've been into classical stuff (Paganinni, Vivaldi etc..), and while I was trinscribing sheet music into guitar tabs I was always adjusting fingerings, to make piece easier to play. So, I was wondering is it better idea to make fingerings more complex and more difficult to play for the sake of technique developement. In Vivaldi's summer (3rd movement) same part can be played using sweeping, some string skipping and even crazy tapping in style of Michael Romeo. So do you guys make fingerings more difficult sometimes to make it as a exercise?
kimi_page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Depends if you want to make it into an exercise, just play it in the easiest way (for you) or to play it the way that sounds best.

Sometimes i'll turn all kind of stuff into etudes to develop a sorten technique.
Sometimes i'll change the fingering because the tab fingering was impossible to play.
Sometimes i'll sweep instead of alternate pick (for example)

It depends on the situation.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
MetalCommand
Disappear to Infinity

Well in general I think it's better to just go with whatever fingering you find easiest. However, you should be mindful that you don't always avoid using any specific technique, leading to a gap in your playing skills.
MetalCommand is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: