Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 10-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #41
JemDkyl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus


K then.


I like how 2 guys both made fun of my comment, but without any explanation why so. Educate me please.
JemDkyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #42
willT08
Official Classist
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JemDkyl
I like how 2 guys both made fun of my comment, but without any explanation why so. Educate me please.


Because Muslims blow up other Muslims almost on a daily basis. They didn't provide explanations because it is so painfully clear.
__________________
Burn into my spirit, sear into my soul
Blow me away, I say
Sweep me up like a tornado
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #43
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
Sarcasm.


I got that much, and that was why I was wondering what the **** it was, because it was complete bullshit.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #44
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
Because Muslims blow up other Muslims almost on a daily basis. They didn't provide explanations because it is so painfully clear.

That and the fact the idea of killing other people so long as they aren't Muslim is, apparently, a-ok.

How about we just don't kill anybody regardless of whom their imaginary friend is.
__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #45
Jackal58
Pit Daddy
 
Jackal58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: If I was up your ass you'd know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
That and the fact the idea of killing other people so long as they aren't Muslim is, apparently, a-ok.

How about we just don't kill anybody regardless of whom their imaginary friend is.


Well you're no fun.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Jackal58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #46
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
Well you're no fun.

I'll have you know I am plenty whimsy, when I choose to be.
__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #47
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
I got that much, and that was why I was wondering what the **** it was, because it was complete bullshit.

I believe sarcasm, by nature, is bullshit, so yes.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #48
metalblaster
UG Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
carpet bomb ----->> no more problem
metalblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #49
Kensai
49ers
 
Kensai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalblaster
carpet bomb ----->> no more problem

How is bombing carpets going to solve anything?
__________________
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
Kensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #50
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie
 
Pat_s1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. John's, NFLD, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by JemDkyl
No way is there going to be an all-out war between the two countries. Just no way. Sure, there could be skirmishes with bombs and planes or whatever, but I highly doubt infantry will be included. Turkey and Syria are brothers, I'm Turkish, I'd never kill another Muslim at war. Never. I think they have the same mentality, and hopefully this won't get any bigger. I don't think it will.
Wouldn't it depend on their actions though rather than nationality and religion? Like I understand that you identify with other Muslims more just as I would identify with Americans or Europeans, but are you saying that you wouldn't ever kill another Muslim no matter what kind of awful stuff they might be doing?

For example, I wouldn't want to kill any average American in a full war, because they'd be part of a regular force who may or may not completely agree with the war and would hopefully be abiding by the rules of war (uniforms, no targeting civilians, etc.). But if there was suddenly a large militant group that popped up down in America that started doing the things to Canadians that some Muslims do to other Muslims -- such as leaving a van or explosives in a busy commercial area -- I'd probably would be much more prepared to shoot them knowing they're being dicks because they want to be, not because they have to be.

This is all speculation of course since no one can really know how ready they'd be to kill another person until they've done it, but you get where I'm coming from.
__________________
Collide, Control, And Collapse


Last edited by Pat_s1t : 10-04-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Pat_s1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #51
metalblaster
UG Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai
How is bombing carpets going to solve anything?

They can't use their flying carpets to travel, thus crippling their transportation system and forcing the targets to stay isolated and immobilized while they are forced to rely on their genies in bottles and weird looking pointed toe shoes.
metalblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #52
metalblaster
UG Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_s1t
Wouldn't it depend on their actions though rather than nationality and religion? Like as a Canadian I wouldn't want to kill any average American in a full war, because they'd be part of a regular force who may or may not completely agree with the war and would hopefully be abiding by the rules of war (uniforms, no targeting civilians, etc.). But if there was suddenly a large militant group that popped up down in America that started doing the things to Canadians that some Muslims do to other Muslims -- such as leaving a van or explosives in a busy commercial area -- I'd probably would be much more prepared to shoot them knowing they're being dicks because they want to be, not because they have to be.

This is all speculation of course since no one can really know how ready they'd be to kill another person until they've done it, but you get where I'm coming from.

Remember the FLQ? They killed people, they bombed and firebombed shit. Not to the massive extent as it happens in the middle east but in the same systematical fashion.

A civil war would never happen in Canada though, it's almost impossible. A confrontational war between the states would be stupid, as we generally like each other, then again we all know the US's reputation when it comes to taking oil and we have the largest untapped amounts in the world. I think if shit would hit the fan between us two, we would fight like the ''dur cuirs'' that we are but we would take advantage of our vast and unforgiving north to lure them into unknown territory.
metalblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #53
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cal-eye-forn-ia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai
How is bombing carpets going to solve anything?

Because it would NOT. Duh!
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #54
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie
 
Pat_s1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. John's, NFLD, Canada
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalblaster
Remember the FLQ? They killed people, they bombed and firebombed shit. Not to the massive extent as it happens in the middle east but in the same systematical fashion.

A civil war would never happen in Canada though, it's almost impossible. A confrontational war between the states would be stupid, as we generally like each other, then again we all know the US's reputation when it comes to taking oil and we have the largest untapped amounts in the world. I think if shit would hit the fan between us two, we would fight like the ''dur cuirs'' that we are but we would take advantage of our vast and unforgiving north to lure them into unknown territory.
The FLQ was small enough to be taken care of by police and a small amount of army personnel though right? Compared to the huge amount it would take to fight a group similar to the size of Al-Qaeda. I know that there'd probably never be a civil war Canada or a confrontation with the United States, but what about a WWI/WWII scenario where we're fighting Germans? They're also Christian and white, and I'd probably feel pretty uncomfortable if I had to go to war with them knowing they live just like we do. But if I could rest assured everyone I was fighting was say on the same dickish level as an SS officer who knew exactly what they were doing to people, then yeah it'd probably be a lot easier.
__________________
Collide, Control, And Collapse

Pat_s1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #55
Lord_Doku
ancient bass
 
Lord_Doku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Netherlands
The way I see it, Turkey holds the key to World War III.

If Turkey invades Syria as a result of Assad's actions, Iran will tag along against Turkey. If they have a nuclear weapon by the time this happens, NATO might find itself compelled to aid Turkey, possibly excluding the USA. A war between the West and Syria & Iran could provoke the Russians and the Chinese to move in on their oil supply/arms consumers. Then it's a matter of Europe being able to withstand both Russia and China or not that will determine whether the USA joins against the East.

Speculative as ****, but frightening as hell.
Lord_Doku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #56
Ninja#117
Registered User
 
Ninja#117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FLorida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Doku
The way I see it, Turkey holds the key to World War III.

If Turkey invades Syria as a result of Assad's actions, Iran will tag along against Turkey. If they have a nuclear weapon by the time this happens, NATO might find itself compelled to aid Turkey, possibly excluding the USA. A war between the West and Syria & Iran could provoke the Russians and the Chinese to move in on their oil supply/arms consumers. Then it's a matter of Europe being able to withstand both Russia and China or not that will determine whether the USA joins against the East.

Speculative as ****, but frightening as hell.



in other words the shit could hit the fan hard and fast. Flinging poo errwhere.

Russia and China are waiting in the chamber for Assad to load up and point at their enemies. He knows we dont want full scale war and both china and russia do too. Thats why they brazenly accused us of "tampering" and "hindering" the movement in syria when they all along were supporting assad.

We are seeing one of the great tragedies of human history with our very own eyes. Yet many people dont even know this is going on. At one point a couple months ago entire towns were being wiped out with 150-200 people being killed in a s single raid. The majority being civilians(something like 65+ percent being women and adolescents 10-20). They were lining people up and just cutting their throats or shooting them.

Seriously humanity come together. We are destroying ourselves. Just pure self destruction the likes the animal kingdom has never seen. We may end up the only species ever to cause its own destruction with direct actions. Dinosaurs needed a meteor or climate change. Dodo birds just didnt step up their game. Humans? We do all the work ourselves. No help needed from outside influences. We made our own. Religion being the most severe but that is another rant.
__________________
Knowledge is power
Ninja#117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #57
Jackal58
Pit Daddy
 
Jackal58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: If I was up your ass you'd know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja#117
stuff

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Jackal58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #58
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #59
VillainousLatin
That Latino Guy
 
VillainousLatin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Unreal World
Excuse my ignorance (or don't) but it' s been a while since I've been following what' s happening over there but wasn't the whole conflict to kick out a dictator or something, I though that was already done, why is the conflict still going on? Or am I mixing my information, because I remember that the whole conflict started about the same time that the Libya problem started.

And in that note, is there a place where I can read all that has happened or something?
__________________
Clicky for sexy pr0nz!
VillainousLatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #60
TLH1990
Registered User
 
TLH1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I'm currently watching the news and apparently the Turkish government just gave their military the green light to conduct cross border operations into Syria whenever it deems necessary.
__________________
Όποιος γίνεται πρόβατο τον τρώει ο λύκος


TLH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.