Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 10-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #81
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabcd86
Vaguely. Not really sure, I like the idea of being something else, but end up just going "that's how the system works bro". Are you an IR student per se? I see you posting well-informedly on too many topics to pin you down


I have a variety of interests, but I'm kind of in an IR tract right now. I was supposed to do IR and IPE but the guy who runs the IPE stuff got promoted so he isn't teaching anything right now :/
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #82
Jackal58
Pit Daddy
 
Jackal58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: If I was up your ass you'd know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
It really is worrying how ignorant people are about... everything, really.

The really scary part is they vote.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Jackal58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #83
metalblaster
UG Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
The whole idea that Iran would just start nuking other states is so batshit ******ed I don't even know how to respond to people dumb enough to believe that idiocy.

What the **** else would they do with them? I mean, the only reason why major powers like U.S. and Russia have shit tons of nukes is because they mass produced them during the cold war, and now they kind of have no choice but to keep them, considering that nuclear waste disposal is extremely costly, not to mention time consuming (thousands of years) and even still dangerous.

Now the subject of actually making nuclear weapons in today's current time changes the situation completely. Which is why this whole Iran thing is becoming kind of a big deal.
metalblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #84
ErikLensherr
Star-Splitter
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalblaster
What the **** else would they do with them?

What does everyone else do with theirs?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
No joke that's how I feel

edit: unless that's a gay thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
I am fairly cliterate with my hands and mouth.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #85
metalblaster
UG Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
What does everyone else do with theirs?

They keep them away from basically everyone, but mostly they don't produce new ones. All these nukes were made in a time where WWIII was imminent every single day, and where the opposing enemies had over-inflated heads and actually though hundreds of nukes would be useful even though MAD is inevitable either way.

Those who have those nukes have to live with their past, unfortunately, but rightfully so, it's up to them to take care of their dirty laundry. The fact that Iran is almost certainly making nukes is just a bitch slap to everything all of us (all of the people who were involved in large wars, such as WWII and the cold war) have had to learn. Or maybe at least for those who did maybe learn something, regardless if fistycuffs were dealt or not.
metalblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #86
ErikLensherr
Star-Splitter
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalblaster
They keep them away from basically everyone, but mostly they don't produce new ones. All these nukes were made in a time where WWIII was imminent every single day

Actually the newest member of the 'nuclear club,' Pakistan first showcased their nukes in the 90s.

And Iran is still in the middle of a very conflict-ridden region so I don't know what the Cold War being over for us has to do with their defense policy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
No joke that's how I feel

edit: unless that's a gay thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
I am fairly cliterate with my hands and mouth.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #87
metalblaster
UG Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
Actually the newest member of the 'nuclear club,' Pakistan first showcased their nukes in the 90s.

And Iran is still in the middle of a very conflict-ridden region so I don't know what the Cold War being over for us has to do with their defense policy.

Well they probably don't give a shit about the whole cold war thing, but it would be wise for them to understand that because of the cold war, one thing we learned (especially after, when all the secrets spilled) is that we could have seriously ****ed up our earth in a very short amount of time. So much so that we could have most likely eradicated the human race with the combined amount of braun held by both sides. To be honest though, I wouldn't expect them to go as far as analyzing something like that.

Maybe they could have kept this to a warm level and later things would have cooled off (a.k.a. Pakistan, yes your point is true, however I'm sure they love not having the finger pointed at them because they may have handled things differently), but Mahmoud I'm-a-dinner-jacket has to go around shitting on everyone's doorstep by saying shit like how he hates anyone who doesn't support him, or how he wants to have the world transformed into a single all-Muslim union of sorts, or how he wants to eradicate the Zionists and wipe Israel off the map.

Like shit man, you could've shut your ****in' mouth and made your nukes in silence, and at least have your chance at successfully launching them. But no, instead you use your primitive ****ing 400 year old religious mentality to act like an ape and now you asked everyone to pull your finger and we're all watching you like hawks waiting for you to commit suicide by provoking us. Fine by us, too bad for you though.
metalblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #88
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie
 
Pat_s1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. John's, NFLD, Canada
^ If anything remotely like that ever happens I will personally have a shipping container filled with $100 bills brought to your doorstep.
__________________
Collide, Control, And Collapse

Pat_s1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #89
metalblaster
UG Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_s1t
^ If anything remotely like that ever happens I will personally have a shipping container filled with $100 bills brought to your doorstep.

Nice! **** that's awesome!

Actually, I prefer paypal. Gets a little tricky bringing money over the border and all, hope you don't mind.
metalblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #90
ErikLensherr
Star-Splitter
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalblaster
Well they probably don't give a shit about the whole cold war thing, but it would be wise for them to understand that because of the cold war, one thing we learned (especially after, when all the secrets spilled) is that we could have seriously ****ed up our earth in a very short amount of time. So much so that we could have most likely eradicated the human race with the combined amount of braun held by both sides. To be honest though, I wouldn't expect them to go as far as analyzing something like that.

Maybe they could have kept this to a warm level and later things would have cooled off (a.k.a. Pakistan, yes your point is true, however I'm sure they love not having the finger pointed at them because they may have handled things differently), but Mahmoud I'm-a-dinner-jacket has to go around shitting on everyone's doorstep by saying shit like how he hates anyone who doesn't support him, or how he wants to have the world transformed into a single all-Muslim union of sorts, or how he wants to eradicate the Zionists and wipe Israel off the map.

Like shit man, you could've shut your ****in' mouth and made your nukes in silence, and at least have your chance at successfully launching them. But no, instead you use your primitive ****ing 400 year old religious mentality to act like an ape and now you asked everyone to pull your finger and we're all watching you like hawks waiting for you to commit suicide by provoking us. Fine by us, too bad for you though.

You know Ahmadinejad doesn't actually call the shots in Iran, right?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
No joke that's how I feel

edit: unless that's a gay thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
I am fairly cliterate with my hands and mouth.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #91
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie
 
Pat_s1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. John's, NFLD, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalblaster
Nice! **** that's awesome!

Actually, I prefer paypal. Gets a little tricky bringing money over the border and all, hope you don't mind.
No deal, not flashy enough. Has to be physical cash.
__________________
Collide, Control, And Collapse

Pat_s1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #92
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
 
DisarmGoliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Birmingham, UK
Something tells me you watch Fox News a lot, metalblaster...
__________________
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #93
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter
 
Dreadnought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Good
__________________
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Dreadnought is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:31 AM   #94
Dreadnought
Star-Splitter
 
Dreadnought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Miles to go before I sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRooster
Damnit, I don't wanna deploy to the middle east again. Why can't people break out in war in the Carribean?


Yeah, twice is totally too much
__________________
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Dreadnought is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:40 AM   #95
gabcd86
isn't French.
 
gabcd86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Camden, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
I have a variety of interests, but I'm kind of in an IR tract right now. I was supposed to do IR and IPE but the guy who runs the IPE stuff got promoted so he isn't teaching anything right now :/


Ah, I'm taking a unit in IPE next term. I'll send you my notes.
__________________
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised.

"En una revolucion, se triunfa o se muere, si es verdadera." ~Ernesto "Che" Guevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeb rocks
I guess that does technically make you the Che to my Fidel if it makes you feel better


UG Amplified
gabcd86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:23 AM   #96
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabcd86
Ah, I'm taking a unit in IPE next term. I'll send you my notes.


Word.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #97
metalblaster
UG Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
You know Ahmadinejad doesn't actually call the shots in Iran, right?

Yes but he pretty much has been lately, which also one of the reasons why he's controversial to some people there.
metalblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #98
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie
 
Pat_s1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. John's, NFLD, Canada
Also I don't know if you guys are aware, but this is an ongoing thing. Shelling again today for the fifth day in a row. http://world.time.com/2012/10/07/tu...syria/?lid=edit
Quote:
Turkey Returns Fire At Syria
(AKCAKALE, Turkey) An Associated Press video journalist says Turkish artillery fired toward Syria minutes after a Syrian shell landed on Turkish territory.

The Syrian shell landed some 200 meters (200 yards) inside Turkey, near the border town of Akcakale. A short time later, at least six mortars could be heard fired from Turkey. It was the fifth day in a row that Turkey returned fire.

Abdulhakim Ayhan, the mayor of Akcakale, confirmed that Turkish artillery immediately returned fire.

The Turks have been returning fire since Wednesday when Syrian shelling killed five civilians in a Turkish border town.
__________________
Collide, Control, And Collapse

Pat_s1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #99
Iced Earth9
Blindly following?
 
Iced Earth9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Turkey....Thanksgiving weekend
Turkey attacks...The day Taken 2 comes out.

This is a conspiracy, hide all your children.
__________________
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
Iced Earth9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #100
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced Earth9
Turkey....Thanksgiving weekend
Turkey attacks...The day Taken 2 comes out.

This is a conspiracy, hide all your children.

You damn Canadians, having Thanksgiving a month early!
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.