Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #41
LaidBack
Call me Mike

My Mesa F-50 widebody combo. For whatever reason mine had brown tolex with a wheat grill cloth. Whatever, I love it. Decided to turn it into a head (without damaging the combo's body of course). That's still a work in progress. Still in the ugly unfinished period.
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LaidBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #42
evmac
Baroness Lover

Peavey Valveking 212 - After 8 years of playing with a Marshall Valvestate I came on these boards and realized what the differences between SS and Tubes were, and I started to go to Guitar stores and try out different types of amps. Bought the VK on Ebay for 360 bones and I've just recorded my band's first LP with this amp. I think the tone is much better than on our previous EP, and I even borrowed a Mesa Stiletto for that album. I probably didn't know how to EQ that amp though. Anyway, I've discovered that I really like JCMish type amps, so I will probably trade the Peavey in for JCA50, JCM 2204 or something.

Fender Tele
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Stiff 90-AD 50H
POD HD 300
Randall 2x12 wV30s
evmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #43
Perverockstar69

My Laney LC15R, it took me a while to understand why it sounded better and why it was more responsive than my previous amps... BECAUSE OF TUBES!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Laney LC15R
Orange PPC212OB
Gibson SG Standard
LTD Viper-500
Catalinbread Ottava Magus
Jim Dunlop CFH
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom
Ibanez TS9DX (mods)
Perverockstar69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #44
WholeLottaIzzy
UGs Only Rhythm Guitarist

Mine was an Orange Tiny Terror. Had a Fender Frontman 212R before that. Just the warmth and crunch I got from it blew my mind. But I had that about 4 or 5 months then upgraded to a Marshall Vintage Modern and holy Christ on a bike I'm never gonna need another amp. Had it nearly two years and it still sounds incredible, does everything's I need it to so I'm gonna be keeping it for a very long time, absolutely nothing wrong with it,.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #45
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaidBack
My Mesa F-50 widebody combo. For whatever reason mine had brown tolex with a wheat grill cloth. Whatever, I love it. Decided to turn it into a head (without damaging the combo's body of course). That's still a work in progress. Still in the ugly unfinished period.

Those thing came out of the factory in tons of colors, I think it was Mesa showing off their custom tolex and grill options. My f30 was forest green with, I think a wheat grill. Looked pretty awesome.

Quote:
Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.
Kevin Saale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #46
LaidBack
Call me Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Saale
Those thing came out of the factory in tons of colors, I think it was Mesa showing off their custom tolex and grill options. My f30 was forest green with, I think a wheat grill. Looked pretty awesome.

Man, I would kill for a forest green one. I lubs green.
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LaidBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #47
Krauser
Ibanez Recommender

Peavey 5150 212

It was my first tube amp and part of my current rig which I adore right now. My first amp was a Line 6 Spider III and, to be honest, I quite liked it. It was more than I could've asked for in a bedroom practice amp with more than usable tones when you dialed it in correctly. I had that amp, and solely that amp, for the first few years of my playing. Then I decided to go for it and picked up my 5150 and I never looked back. I still practice with my Line 6 (because let's be honest, a 5150 isn't very practical for bedroom practicing ) but I don't think I'd ever be able to buy another amp that wasn't tube. More than just the warmth of the tone, it's the nuances of playing a tube amp. You get all the little responses and feel through the amp while you play that it just... I don't know... it feels like it's a living thing, something you're in control of and it's one with you. You get the sense that you have complete control over your tone at any given time and you can change the slightest thing just by playing through it a little bit differently. Character is the word I'm looking for, and there's no better option than a genuine all tube amp to get that feeling.
Peavey 5150 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube

Last edited by Krauser : 10-05-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Krauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #48
Hou-Tex
Gary

Got my first tube amps not too long ago. The first was a VK112 and I'm like, I'm never going back to SS. Then within a month I decided to upgrade, and went a DRRI. I'm definitly never going back.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #49
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.

Laney VC30. Bought it about six months ago. It's a great amp, I like it and I don't need any effects. It's also very sensitive, I can notice a clear difference between 7,5m and 3m cables and that's why I don't like using my chorus pedal. It cuts too much treble because of the long cable. Great clean and very good overdrive sounds. Good for Guns N' Roses and that kind of hard rock sounds, not really for anything heavier but I don't really play anything heavier (sometimes Metallica). It sounds good at bedroom levels and better than any solid state/digital I have tried at any volume level.

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Digitech RP355
MXR Micro Chorus
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Hartke HyDrive 210c
MaggaraMarine is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: