Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
~Luke~

Fender Quad Reverb

well i was just looking through the local ebay-thing, when something caught my eye:
and old fender quad reverb for (atm) only about 200!
the quad is just the same as the twin reverb only it has 4 speakers already built in (i know, not very practical)
the problem is that the guy who sells it doesn't even know if it is still working because he apparently doesn't have a guitar, the only thing he could tell me was that there is hum if you turn it up.
So i'm tempted to buy it because i think i would be able to fix it, I mean i am no expert at all, but at least i've already buildt an amp (ax84 p1).

well now my questions: i will probably visit him tomorrow to try the amp out, what are things i can check on the amp (apart from plugging in) without a multimeter (i'm currently at the place i study and mine is at home); what could typical problems be?
and how much is a quad reverb normaly worth? On ebay are currently 4 listed all with prices over 1000$, which seems a bit too much to me....

maybe i'm also looking for just a bit of encouragment

Last edited by ~Luke~ : 10-04-2012 at 05:46 PM.
~Luke~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
Juared
Canned

I thought it was called a Super Reverb?
Honestly, it seems too good to be true. Although, if you're going to try it out, I suppose there's no harm.
Go ahead and try it, if you like it, go for it.
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
Juared is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: