Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: Which do you like more?
Playing!! 7 20.59%
the Artistic Side 8 23.53%
Both 19 55.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #21
izzabelable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleZ93
One day I started thinking to myself that there are two sides of musical interest: liking to play an instrument and liking music, not as in listening but as an art form. I enjoy music more than I do playing, to me an instrument is just that; A tool for creating artwork. I love playing guitar but I think I like the art more. What do you guys think, is there a difference?

Personally, I like both, I enjoy both writing songs for me, and playing other people's music. Opinions vary from person to person, but as for me, I dont think it really matters as long as it's fun for you and you like what you're doing

..I like to write music because it's a healthy way for me to get out feelings/thoughts and the like, but I also love playing other peoples pieces because I know what they sound like, and they can help me improve my technique...

What ever floats your boat! If people tell you you aren't right in liking one thing over another tell them to kiss it haha

I think that there can be a difference, depending on who you're talking to and they're knowledge of the instrument.
izzabelable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #22
ChamsRock
UG Fanatic

I enjoy both, but voting that seems to destroy the point of the poll, so I went with playing. I enjoy songwriting, but I'd rather sit down and play whatever, rather than try to create something. Songwriting is something that someone can't force as easily as other art forms, such as drawing. Just the simple fact that I can sit down and noodle for a while whenever I want, makes the playing aspect more appealing to me.

Rate This Thread: