Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
rockstar256

Schecter Damien Elite 7 or ESP Ltd Mh 417?

Hello there fellows !

Well i've got all the money i need for new guitar, however i still can't decide between two of the guitars i've got to choose. Can you bring me some positive and negative arguments about both instruments? I'd love to play em but not having these in my area.

LTd mh 417 for 775$, Schecter Damien Elite 7 625$.

Schecter Damien Elite 7

ESp Ltd mh 417

Last edited by rockstar256 : 10-03-2012 at 07:45 AM.
rockstar256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
tybacca60

Honestly it comes down to what feels best to you,because the pickups are the same if I remember.
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000
tybacca60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
Mind_Reader7

I have the Damien Elite 7 FR.

Best guitar I've ever owned. Mine came with a slightly dry fretboard, no problems otherwise.

After changing the 9 volt battery, I noticed it wasn't making proper contact with the terminals, so I folded a small piece of paper in half a few times to wedge in.

Perfect guitar otherwise.

Kind wish I didn't get the FR though.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
KoRnOnA6String
My user-name is a LIE!

Owning the MH417 I'd say there's not much reason not to get it.

Even the battery compartment was very nicely finished etc. Quality instrument, definitely.

The pickups are the same, and EMGs at that, so that's not much of a deciding factor.
I would however definitely switch the bridge and neck pups around if you get the LTD. Not sure how they're configured in the Schecter.

I swapped the 707 from neck to bridge and the guitar sounds much better in the bridge setting. Now I'm planning on getting another 707 for the neck because ofcourse the 81-7 in the neck if too thin. Getting another 707 I think would make for a quality match.

And imo, generally, the 81-7 sounds very nice and clear, but lacks too much of the bass to be of use in lower tunings if you like a bit of power behind your sound.

The neck of the guitar is very nice. Used to play Ibanez (still play an Ibanez bass) and I find the neck to be more comfortable. It's less shred-tacular at first, but once you get used to it it's one hell of a neck. In a good way. Same goes for the body. Kind of a standard shape, but curved in a such a way that your body kind of just... envelops the guitar.

Also stays in tune very well after I set mine up to my desired action etc.

The only downside could be the finish, I guess. It's very nice-looking but gets greasy FAST. I don't mind at all, but it could be a bother to you.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
hminh87
Justin here!

If you're already willing to pay $775 then why not a bit more for the Blackjack C-7?

• ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
  • ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
  • ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
  • ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
  • Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
  • Tanglewood TW170 AS
  • Vox Tonelab ST
  • Blackstar HT-1R
hminh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
Mind_Reader7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnOnA6String
Owning the MH417 I'd say there's not much reason not to get it.

Even the battery compartment was very nicely finished etc. Quality instrument, definitely.

The pickups are the same, and EMGs at that, so that's not much of a deciding factor.
I would however definitely switch the bridge and neck pups around if you get the LTD. Not sure how they're configured in the Schecter.

I swapped the 707 from neck to bridge and the guitar sounds much better in the bridge setting. Now I'm planning on getting another 707 for the neck because ofcourse the 81-7 in the neck if too thin. Getting another 707 I think would make for a quality match.

And imo, generally, the 81-7 sounds very nice and clear, but lacks too much of the bass to be of use in lower tunings if you like a bit of power behind your sound.

The neck of the guitar is very nice. Used to play Ibanez (still play an Ibanez bass) and I find the neck to be more comfortable. It's less shred-tacular at first, but once you get used to it it's one hell of a neck. In a good way. Same goes for the body. Kind of a standard shape, but curved in a such a way that your body kind of just... envelops the guitar.

Also stays in tune very well after I set mine up to my desired action etc.

The only downside could be the finish, I guess. It's very nice-looking but gets greasy FAST. I don't mind at all, but it could be a bother to you.
The Damien is the typical 81/85 combo. As for staying in tune, due to the locking system, I never tune it, except for occasionally my 7th G string (I use the fine tuner for that anyway).

The finish also stays super clean.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #7
Mind_Reader7

Also, get the crimson model, looks amazing.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:17 AM   #8
rockstar256

Quote:
Originally Posted by hminh87
If you're already willing to pay $775 then why not a bit more for the Blackjack C-7?

Its over for 1000$ here
Old 10-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #9
oneblackened
Future Breed Machine

MH. The heel on the Damiens is huge and unpleasant unlike the LTD's.
LTD AW-7 (Dimarzio D-Activator 7s, Hipshot Bridge)
oneblackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #10
rockstar256

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneblackened
MH. The heel on the Damiens is huge and unpleasant unlike the LTD's.

heel? what do you mean bro :P ? dont get it (thats because im not ame-eng) :p
Old 10-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
Mr Winters
Pffff

The heel is the part where the neck comes together with the body (neck joint). Big heel means uncomfortable playing on the higher frets.

I was just about to start a thread asking the exact same question. Also, any other decent 7 strings on the price range of around 600-700 EUR?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
Austin174

What about A Ibanez RGA7? Not sure how much that is EUR but every where I have looked in the state's it's about $600 new.
Peavey 6505+ 112
Austin174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #13
rockstar256

I would pay 100$ even for rga7 or ltd sc 207. both guitars sounds like catpoop. Played in local store. Rga 7 is for 450$
Old 10-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #14
oneblackened
Future Breed Machine

Did you like the way the RGA7 played? If so, you're saving enough to buy some better pickups (ie, EMGs) for it.
LTD AW-7 (Dimarzio D-Activator 7s, Hipshot Bridge)
oneblackened is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: