Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
CHERRAWR

Can't decide!!

I'm looking for a beginner acoustic guitar but I cannot decide which guitar I should buy; Fender Starcaster Acoustic Guitar,
Jasmine by Takamine S34C NEX (Mini-Jumbo) Cutaway Acoustic Guitar, Takamine S35 Dreadnought by Jasmine. Or Do u all hv any other suggestions? Thanks
CHERRAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
Captaincranky

D: None of the above.....

You should at least look at the Yamaha FG700S: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...acoustic-guitar

and its acoustic electric counterpart the FGX700SC: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...electric-guitar before you choose.

sdh i hv wrtn tht n txt 4 u?

Last edited by Captaincranky : 10-05-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Captaincranky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

i wouldn't buy any of those. if you need to stay below $200, i'd suggest a yamaha f335 - we blind tested it against several other guitars in its class, and it sounded the best to several people. if you can go up a little, Captaincranky's suggestion of a yamaha fg700s would be your best bet, as it has a solid top and very good sound in its class.
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
ghobby

If you can find the yamaha FG700ms its cheaper than the 700s, because it has a satin finish rather than laquer.
If you are just starting out, you could try renting a guitar. That way if playinjg isn't your thing the investment is less. If you do like playing most shops have rent to own programs.

Last edited by ghobby : 10-06-2012 at 03:26 PM.
ghobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: