Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 10-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
brandon12502
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
is there a way to add designs to my fret board?

i was wondering if there's a way to put designs on my guitar neck, and keep my same deep metal sound. i have an Ibanez RG 408 and a BC Rich Warlock. Ive seen sinature guitars with designs on the fret board, so i know it can be done, but how is it done? or can you recommend a company that can do it for me? I live in SW Louisiana.
brandon12502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
dreid77447
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
you have to find a custom shop that does custom fretboards. if you look up any behind the scenes video for a guitar factory, they do all the custom inlay work before they mark and cut the fretboard. don't know how much it costs but i'm sure it's not gonna come too cheap but if it's done right, it'll set your guitar apart from everyone else's. make some calls and find out who does it in your area
dreid77447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
Telecaster7
Call me Leon
 
Telecaster7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Depending on the design you want you can buy stickers which are designed to fit on fretboards and are almost impossible to feel and that do not affect the sound.
Telecaster7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
brandon12502
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Alright, thanks guys.
brandon12502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
Vicious_Turtle
UG Member
 
Vicious_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: laconia NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecaster7
Depending on the design you want you can buy stickers which are designed to fit on fretboards and are almost impossible to feel and that do not affect the sound.

if i ever saw somebody do this, i would slap them so hard
Vicious_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
brandon12502
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious_Turtle
if i ever saw somebody do this, i would slap them so hard


lmfao
brandon12502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
Viban
UG's resident bum
 
Viban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious_Turtle
if i ever saw somebody do this, i would slap them so hard

Let it be known, from this day forth, that any man who is to use fretboard stickers is to stand with his hands tied behind his back and his feet bound, and they are to be placed in with a grouping of ultimate guitar users in front of them, and they are to take turns slapping the hell out of said perpetrators. The sounds of the slappings will resound throughout the land and it will be known that a justice is being done through punishment of the guilty. They will be stripped of their instruments and they will no longer be allowed to posses any from thereon, and all will be well again.

Edit:Sorry, I just couldn't help it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
Bastards.

Last edited by Viban : 10-06-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Viban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
brandon12502
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viban
Let it be known, from this day forth, that any man who is to use fretboard stickers is to stand with his hands tied behind his back and his feet bound, and they are to be placed in with a grouping of ultimate guitar users in front of them, and they are to take turns slapping the hell out of said perpetrators. The sounds of the slappings will resound throughout the land and it will be known that a justice is being done through punishment of the guilty. They will be stripped of their instruments and they will no longer be allowed to posses any from thereon, and all will be well again.

Edit:Sorry, I just couldn't help it.



pahahaha i seriously cant stop laughing at this!
brandon12502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
Spreadsheet
Registered User
 
Spreadsheet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Better get ready to get slapping then:


Spreadsheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #10
brandon12502
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
ok lets get all our ropes and braces ready.... my hands warm.
brandon12502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
Viban
UG's resident bum
 
Viban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
lemme get my gloves on.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
Bastards.
Viban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #12
Telecaster7
Call me Leon
 
Telecaster7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious_Turtle
if i ever saw somebody do this, i would slap them so hard


I didn't say it was a good idea.
Telecaster7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #13
Vicious_Turtle
UG Member
 
Vicious_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: laconia NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadsheet
Better get ready to get slapping then:




dude, u dont want this. i have huge hands
Vicious_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #14
Kyleisthename
Registered User
 
Kyleisthename's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
I think he was thinking of like spongbob stickers or something.

He forgot to say vinyl stickers.
You can even cut your own shapes if you are handy with a exacto
__________________
My Soundcloud dudes

The Youtubes
Kyleisthename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
Vicious_Turtle
UG Member
 
Vicious_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: laconia NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleisthename
I think he was thinking of like spongbob stickers or something.

He forgot to say vinyl stickers.
You can even cut your own shapes if you are handy with a exacto

matter, it does not
Vicious_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.