Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
ja3k3l

The guitar i want... impossible??

I am just trying to build a custom guitar for my intermidiate playing but want it to be perfect. So i am looking at a mahogany body guitar which is perfect except for the fact that it has a stick bridge and the strings go into the guitar... I hate that. I really need a floyd rose, but is it possible i can just slap one on there. My other friends say that one i would have to pay for it to be done because its messing with the sweet spot on the guitar. Is it worth it? I just really like the natural dark wood bodies and a floyd rose. And if there is even a guitar like this can you point me towards it. (Sorry for the bad grammar it early)
ja3k3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
coolbeanss

Retro fitting a Floyd Rose is entirely doable, but yes it will cost you to get it done professionally unless you happen to have a pretty good idea of what you're doing.
coolbeanss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
whoomit

Yes there are already guitars like that. That's not really a lot of requirements you have there

I can't think of any though, I'm not really up to date in the guitar world. Somebody will come along and show you some though I'm sure
Old 10-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
thecougarbear

http://www.warmoth.com/default.aspx I'm not sure what you're asking but go to this site. They make really great quality custom guitars exactly to your specifications.
thecougarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
metal-matt
see's whut u did thar

im pretty sure most brands have a mahogany body FR equiped guitar, infact multiple models just look around and see what you like?

You deserved this, Matt.
metal-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
cip 123

Loads of manufacturers make mahogany with fr style bridges, PRS I'm sure there's some ibanez', ESP, just go on google. Check out the charvel desolation range.
cip 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
slapsymcdougal
Funyuns ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cip 123
Loads of manufacturers make mahogany with fr style bridges, PRS I'm sure there's some ibanez', ESP, just go on google. Check out the charvel desolation range.

IIRC Ibby S-series are mahogany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Toshan
Quality polis, MacGregor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurfzone
you're winning this argument and i don't like it.
slapsymcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #8
sytharnia1560
I hate sanding

just remember that not all guitars that are claimed to be made of mahogany are made from the mahogany that guitarist lust after. There are many species of wood that are given the name "mahogany" when it suits
sytharnia1560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
Loki.Foxchild

I can't comment on the quality of mahogany, nor have I played one, but to me, this has always looked like a neat guitar that has mahog and an OFR: http://www.custom77.com/html/The_Wa...L4-596-prd.html
Or, for something more mainstream, there's the super expensive Gibson SG Diablo Tremolo:
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Ele...lo-Tremolo.aspx
Loki.Foxchild is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: