Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
blything09

Loop/Volume Pedal?

I'm interested in getting a loop pedal and I'm not sure which one to get. I was looking at the Boss RC-2 however I've found the RC-3 and RC-20xl for the same priced used on gumtree (which is 110) and I'm really confused as to which one to get. I'm looking to buy used and i'm want to spend around 100.

Also I want to buy a volume pedal. I really like the Ernie ball model but I don't really wanna spend that much on something that has one use. I've found this pedal (http://www.thomann.de/gb/lead_foot_lfv1.htm) and its very cheap but I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with it as I wouldn't want to buy it and have it break on me.

If anyone has any other suggestions to loopers/cheap volume pedals please share them, thanks

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
blything09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
lucky1978
Blues Kazooist

I'd get the rc-20xl, 2 pedals make a looper way easier to use and it has several rhythm guide tracks and more memory. Definitely get a warranty if you can, both the rc20 and jam man(whatever the digitech one is) are notoriously unreliable.
lucky1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
Roc8995

Definitely get the 20XL over the 2 or the 3. As mentioned above, the two pedals are far more user-friendly than just one. I found the single pedal loopers frustrating enough to be useless.

As far as volume pedals, the enclosure might be crappy but there's not much to the design. It's a single potentiometer and two jacks in a box. If you don't mind a cheap feel and build, there's probably nothing wrong with that one. You can always replace the pot for a few pounds if the stock one has a bad sweep.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
blything09

Thanks for the responses. I'll have to have a further look at the RC20xl as I don't know too much about it. I've managed to find a fender volume pedal for 30 so i'm gonna try and get that, atleast it will be well built compared to the cheap one off of Thomann.

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm