Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  

Old 10-03-2012, 03:00 AM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: High wycombe
Cable ends

Right i got some really nice cable last year with the intentions of making my own cables. Soo i got 120m of cable sat in my shed doing nothing. I need some ends. I know neutriks are good but i cant seem to find a decent place to buy them from in the uk or wether i need 2 pole or 3 pole or which type in particular.

i need one strait 1/4" jack and 3 angled ones. Any suggestions?

Also can i wanted to make patch cables for my board out of it too, is it ok to use normal instrument cable for patch cables?

I was looking at getting 3 of these and one of the strait version:

Last edited by billabob : 10-03-2012 at 03:16 AM.
billabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:44 AM   #2
UG's Old Fart
CodeMonk's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Masturbating in your armpit
You want mono plugs (2 pole).
And instrument cable is fine.
I used Mogami W2524 for all my patch cables and regular cables.
Works good.
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I'm sorry that we won't validate your decision, we give advice here, not good feelings.

My friends call me Rob
CodeMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: High wycombe
Ok cheers i ordered some of the neutriks i posted above. Seemed good for my guitar to pedalboard then pedalboard to amp. Any suggestions for the patch cable ends?
billabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:02 AM   #4
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: High wycombe
Right ive ordered my cable ends and theyve arrived. I decided to go with these:


I got a strait version to plug into my tele and 3 angled for my pedal board and amp input. Only thing im worried about now is ive read down and it says:

For use with instrument (guitar) applications only. Damage may occur if connected to amplifier output.

Im guessing thats fine to use into the amps input but must not be used with my speaker cable to connect to the cab? or does it mean i cant put it into my amp at all?
billabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:07 AM   #5
Flying High
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
It means you can't use it as a speaker cable. You're fine.
Originally Posted by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Originally Posted by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:03 PM.

Forum Archives / About / TOS / Advertise with us / Customer Support / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2016
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.