Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Bass Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 10-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
Queiroz.SP
Registered User
 
Queiroz.SP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Question Yamaha THR-10 can handle bass? Anyone tested it?

What's up guys?

I have to make a decision and i need some advices.

My budget is $300 for a beginner bass and amp.

Should i buy the Yamaha RBX170 with Laney RB1 bass amp?

Or buy the Yamaha RBX374 and use my guitar amp with the bass?

Some people told me that it can handle bass aswell.. Is it true?

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Queiroz
__________________
Beginner gear

Yamaha FG700S
Yamaha Pacifica 112V
Yamaha RBX-374
Yamaha THR-10
Queiroz.SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Sudaka
Novice Bass Player
 
Sudaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ARGENTINA, papá!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queiroz.SP

Or buy the Yamaha RBX374 and use my guitar amp with the bass?

This is not an option. If you use guitar speakers for bass, you'll destroy them, paricularly at medium to high level. Do not play your bass through guitar speakers. You coul play your bass through a guitar head, through a bass cabinet, though. But i think that's not a chance for you, considering your budget.

Where do you live? DO you want to be able to jam/play any gig with your amp? help us help you!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.



Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2

Last edited by Sudaka : 10-09-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Sudaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Queiroz.SP
Registered User
 
Queiroz.SP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudaka
This is not an option. If you use guitar speakers for bass, you'll destroy them, paricularly at medium to high level. Do not play your bass through guitar speakers. You coul play your bass through a guitar head, through a bass cabinet, though. But i think that's not a chance for you, considering your budget.

Where do you live? DO you want to be able to jam/play any gig with your amp? help us help you!


I had to ask this because the THR-10 amp have the option for bass, acoustic and keyboard aswell...

BASS - ACO - FLAT

That's why...

I won't play any gigs with my amp. I want a good amp to learn how to play bass at home.

Thanks for the feedback
__________________
Beginner gear

Yamaha FG700S
Yamaha Pacifica 112V
Yamaha RBX-374
Yamaha THR-10
Queiroz.SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
QPC_Sam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
This review implies you can use a bass:
http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/...516844/review/3

"The Bass and Flat modes offer yet more flexibility. Whether it's four-string fun or even plugging in a keyboard, the results are very impressive."
__________________
Learning a new cover song? Feel like recording it? And have people listen to it? See the CATPM thread in the Pit. Here's the user group
QPC_Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
Queiroz.SP
Registered User
 
Queiroz.SP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
What about this VOX bass amp?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...dKyWLCfI#at=195

What do you guys think?
__________________
Beginner gear

Yamaha FG700S
Yamaha Pacifica 112V
Yamaha RBX-374
Yamaha THR-10
Queiroz.SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
Sudaka
Novice Bass Player
 
Sudaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ARGENTINA, papá!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queiroz.SP
I had to ask this because the THR-10 amp have the option for bass, acoustic and keyboard aswell...

BASS - ACO - FLAT

That's why...

I won't play any gigs with my amp. I want a good amp to learn how to play bass at home.

Thanks for the feedback

Oh, sorry, my bad. It's just that every day someone comes here and asks about using a bass through a guitar amp.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.



Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Sudaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #7
QPC_Sam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
^^Yeah, I started to say the same thing, until I saw the musicradar review.

So somebody has at last run the 'bass through guitar amp' gauntlet and come through with a 'probable yes' -- if you trust musicradar, anyway.
__________________
Learning a new cover song? Feel like recording it? And have people listen to it? See the CATPM thread in the Pit. Here's the user group
QPC_Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.