Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
cmmcnamara

Where can I get this done if possible?

Short and sweet, I want to take the Wizard II neck on my Ibanez and have the fingerboard changed to ebony. Obviously warrants refretting/rebinding/reinlaying but I was curious if there is a common place to get this done and/or estimated? I appreciate it!
cmmcnamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
Wesbanez
Registered Abuser

You need a luthier.

Identifying a "common place" to get the work done would be easier if you told us where you are.

If I had the work done by my luthier in the UK, I would probably be paying upwards of 350-400. A standard refret alone is easily over 100 from a decent luthier.

Is it really worth it? Why not just another guitar with an ebony fretboard.
Wesbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
cmmcnamara

Oh I see that is pretty expensive. My bad, I'm in southern California. For me it kind of is, this has been my project guitar for the past couple years. Started as an RG370, changed pickups to Dimarzio Liquifire/Crunchlab/Area 58, routed it out to fit a Gotoh tremolo system with compensation to still use a D-Tuna in pull up and diving, plus its been fitted with a Goldeo blackbox for tremolo stability and a larger brass block (also routed for). Absolutely love the guitar, just not too fond of the rosewood and its tapping response.
cmmcnamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
Wesbanez
Registered Abuser

I see. I totally understand, when you've put lots of effort and soul into a project, money seems to lose its importance over getting it exactly how you want it.

Just take it to a luthier, this thread might be a good place to start:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...p/t-179970.html
Wesbanez is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: