Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
bustapr
Marty's loyal follower

not new here, but need help with account privacy

so a while back I was poking around my profile and started filling out all the info to try t get near that 100% profile completion thing. never really finished it. In the process I filled in my email, birthday and all, that stuff asked in the prof.

problem is that somehow my youtube account was tracked all the way to this UG account. I have no idea how since theres no real info that google can relate these 2 accounts with. This person who tracked my account has been a little offensive with emails and spreading my name and email on youtube accounts. the reason hes doing this is apparently because I called him a troll -.-

anyway I learned my lesson and I have no interest in sharing my info on my profile. I wish it to remain public though. any way to block out parts of my prof like my email and name and college?

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
bustapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #2
OfCourseNot
There's your answer

Edit your profile and just delete that info. Or replace it with fake info.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
OfCourseNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:30 AM   #3
Joshua Garcia

There is no way to block out any part of a public profile, so just take out what you don't want to be seen.

Filling out your email (I'm assuming you mean with AIM, MSN, etc.) contributes absolutely nothing to profile completion, so just leave it out.

The 'My School' part does contribute, but if you don't care about it anymore, just take that out as well.

Its the name part that confuses me. Your actual name is neither asked for, nor displayed anywhere (unless you herp derped your username like me) on this site. Obviously, it contributes nothing to profile completion unless you mean the 'About Me' section, which you don't have to put your name. So if you have it anywhere on this site, just take it out. Hopefully you didn't mean your UG name, because there is no helping in that department.

I'm thinking you get the message by now.

Edit: I forgot to mention: Surely you know Google owns YouTube, forcing users to sign up/in with a Gmail email. So if the email you listed here was a Gmail, then this is probably why you were tracked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea55
How bout you and your weebo ass go away?

Last edited by Joshua Garcia : 10-08-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: