Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #81
WCPhils
#philamerica

I still like South Park too. In fact, I think I enjoy it more now. It seemed like more of the older episodes tried to just be as gross as possible a lot. I never like those episodes at all. I think some of the funniest episodes were older ones, but on average, I enjoy it more now.

Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #82
GoxGetterxGuy
...Is a Real Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcomet
Big Bang Theory. I know a lot of people will say it wasn't funny in the first place, but my god, they just recycle the same jokes now.

It wasn't funny in the first place.
GoxGetterxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #83
Eastwinn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draken
That's the problem with writing comedy, it's got to be original everytime or it gets boring. Drama can fall back on old standards but unless it's a good running joke then you need to be writing fresh material. That's why the best comedys don't last very long or they have very short seasons, when a comedy series gets bloated it gets repeated and tired and predictable. Or in the case of family guy is just strings of references barely tied to a plot.

this is interesting. dramas, in my opinion, are best as plays, or books, or movies, where the whole plot is undone at once. dramatic tv series suffer a similar problem that comedies do. without the time to create a really engaging plot, they resort to generics. generic drama on top of a sometimes novel theme. consider House or Breaking Bad.

contrary is Arrested Development. this show mixed comedy, drama, and brilliance in just the right amount to create 3 seasons worth of great episodes, even if it started to taper off towards the end. however it did poorly because viewers found the plot hard to follow. it didn't fit the episodic schema well, and as a result is better appreciated in long stretches on DVD or on the internet.
Eastwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:17 AM   #84
SGstriker
Someone will die...

HIMYM is still funny to me. The cast is just perfect.

Seattle Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

SGstriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: