Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: down
Yes I drive one and love it. 2 2.08%
I don't like them, they are ugly and have no go. 15 15.63%
I wouldn't personally want one but don't look at people differently for driving one. 23 23.96%
I have/want one and look at people who buy cars with larger engines as the devil 6 6.25%
I don't even notice. 10 10.42%
I wouldn't want one and look at people who have them differently. 11 11.46%
I don't care what car you drive. 17 17.71%
Baby you can drive my car. 12 12.50%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 10-09-2012, 05:31 AM   #1
mybanez
Registered User
 
mybanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Aus
Prius.

And other hybrids.

What are your opinions on them?

I personally could never drive one as I love the v8 power. My brothers girlfriend owns one and I'm always giving her shit about it, though in a playful way.
I don't even think I would like to be seen in one as in my opinion they make a pretty big statement about who you are (your sexuality).


But maybe you would drive one because you are worried about the environment. Do you look at people differently when you see someone driving a hybrid? if so in a positive or negative way?

Poll

Last edited by mybanez : 10-09-2012 at 05:45 AM.
mybanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
CoreysMonster
Banned
 
CoreysMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany
I scoff at all motorists equally from my high, bus-driving horse.
CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
I'd rather a Tesla Roadster.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
rabidguitarist
Ethnomusicologist
 
rabidguitarist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Liverpool
Priuses are as environmentally damaging as any other car their size, and the building process creates far more emissions.



If you're worried about the environment then just get a smaller car, or a proper electric one.

They're just a fashion statement.
__________________
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices

Last edited by rabidguitarist : 10-09-2012 at 06:43 AM.
rabidguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
whoomit
 
whoomit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Don't get me wrong, they suck, but..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybanez
I personally could never drive one as I love the v8 power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybanez
I don't even think I would like to be seen in one as in my opinion they make a pretty big statement about who you are (your sexuality).

wat
__________________
whoomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #6
mybanez
Registered User
 
mybanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
Don't get me wrong, they suck, but..


wat

The first one is that I love my v8 and the power it offers, I really dislike driving slow cars.
The second one was a joke.
mybanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #7
whoomit
 
whoomit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybanez
The second one was a joke.

Ah okay, the two of those together made you sound like a knob

This first one still makes you sound like your car is an extension of your penis though.
__________________
whoomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
mybanez
Registered User
 
mybanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
Ah okay, the two of those together made you sound like a knob

This first one still makes you sound like your car is an extension of your penis though.

Well it is. But surely any man would take a 5.4L v8 over a 1.8L 4?
mybanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybanez
Well it is. But surely any man would take a 5.4L v8 over a 1.8L 4?


I'd rather a twin turbo V6 tbh.




But I'd take a v8 over an I4 any day (if I'm not paying for the gas)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:04 AM   #10
whoomit
 
whoomit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybanez
Well it is. But surely any man would take a 5.4L v8 over a 1.8L 4?

I'd rather save my money for a house and my inevitable wedding
__________________
whoomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:04 AM   #11
willT08
UG Addict
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
The amount I care is unmeasurable with modern techniques. I walk everywhere so I peer at all motorists with the same disapproving contempt.
__________________
Rim, don't RIM
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #12
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
I'd rather save my money for a house


You aren't a car guy. You don't understand.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #13
mybanez
Registered User
 
mybanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
I'd rather a twin turbo V6 tbh.




But I'd take a v8 over an I4 any day (if I'm not paying for the gas)

A turbocharged I6 can be just as smooth but ofcourse without twin you get a lot of lag!
Supercharged v8 for me. My dream is a FG FPV GT.
Fuel isn't so bad. It's about $90 every week to two weeks depending on my mood.

Last edited by mybanez : 10-09-2012 at 07:22 AM.
mybanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #14
mybanez
Registered User
 
mybanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
I'd rather save my money for a house and my inevitable wedding

House over car? You sir are mad.
mybanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #15
Xiaoxi
Indeed.
 
Xiaoxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bodymore, Murdaland
I don't really know anything about cars but in theory, Prius/other hybrids are what I would get. I've driven one and it's insane how much gas they conserve.

I've heard various negative things about them, but you don't know what kind of agenda those people have. I have to do my own research as to how environmentally friendly and cost effective it actually is. But if those work out, I see no reason to buy any other kind of cars.
__________________
"Man, modes 'n' scales ain't got no users, only abusers." - X.X. Little

Analyzing Brahms: Insights to Help Us Improve Our Music

My New Workstation
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #16
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybanez
A turbocharged I6 can be just as smooth but ofcourse without twin you get a lot of lag!
Supercharged v8 for me. My dream is a FG FPV GT.
Fuel isn't so bad. It's about $90 every week to two weeks depending on my mood.


The new Falcons are wicked. It's a pity we don't get them here.






I'd like a Datsun 240z with an RB26DETT conversion myself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #17
rabidguitarist
Ethnomusicologist
 
rabidguitarist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I don't really know anything about cars but in theory, Prius/other hybrids are what I would get. I've driven one and it's insane how much gas they conserve.

I've heard various negative things about them, but you don't know what kind of agenda those people have. I have to do my own research as to how environmentally friendly and cost effective it actually is. But if those work out, I see no reason to buy any other kind of cars.

Mostly because the Prius has become a fashion statement. It's the trend for celebrities to have a Prius (even though their garages are almost invariably full of bigger cars) and people think that they are the most efficient and environmentally friendly cars in the world when they are far from it.

As for gas, there are actually hundreds of cars that have a higher MPG than the Prius, including estate cars and people carriers. Toyota themselves make many cars that are more fuel efficient than the Prius, but run on petrol engines.

The Prius does 50 miles to the gallon, but there are plenty of cars that will do almost 90.
__________________
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
rabidguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #18
Xiaoxi
Indeed.
 
Xiaoxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bodymore, Murdaland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidguitarist
Mostly because the Prius has become a fashion statement.
This has nothing to do with anything.

Quote:
As for gas, there are actually hundreds of cars that have a higher MPG than the Prius, including estate cars and people carriers. Toyota themselves make many cars that are more fuel efficient than the Prius, but run on petrol engines.

The Prius does 50 miles to the gallon, but there are plenty of cars that will do almost 90.

I highly doubt this isn't misleading in a lot of ways. If there are actually cars that are in the same sedan class as these hybrids without significant compromises, I would have heard of them by now.

Like I said, I'll do my own research instead of getting unsolicited biased info.
__________________
"Man, modes 'n' scales ain't got no users, only abusers." - X.X. Little

Analyzing Brahms: Insights to Help Us Improve Our Music

My New Workstation
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #19
mybanez
Registered User
 
mybanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Aus
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
The new Falcons are wicked. It's a pity we don't get them here.






I'd like a Datsun 240z with an RB26DETT conversion myself.

You have an excellent taste in cars my friend. A Fairlady with an RB in it? That would be so sweet, I'd love to see how they would go with a 13B out of a FD rx7. The 240s are a true thing of beauty.
I'm surprised you even know what a Falcon is considering you aren't from Aus, well done.
mybanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #20
the bartender
Biologist
 
the bartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: the Netherlands
Best car ever:


In all seriousness, I don't give a shit about cars.
__________________
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children

You must not do it anymore
the bartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.