Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Lozhaze

Fender Strat plus

Ive been offered a Fender strat plus through my teacher but i'm uncertain of it's value.

It's in tobacco burst with a roller nut, lace sensor pick ups and hipshot trem setter. I forgot which year it was made.

It's in good condition, a bit of wear on 5th and 7th inlay dots is the only marks i could see on it.

Comes with hardcase and paperwork, i've been offered it for 800

I played it for an hour today and it was very comfy and had nice tone but i'm a bit green and don't know if the price sounds right. I've looked around the net a bit but i'm still not sure.

What do you guys think?
Lozhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Do you know what year it is? 90s American strat plus guitars are usually $800-$900.
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
Lozhaze

It is definitely a 90's but can't remember which year. I think '96, the anniversary year.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Make sure it has all the features that strat plus' had. There are some guitars floating around out there that look like Strat pluses but are just standard strats with the lace pickups and don't have the locking tuners. Also make sure the Gold Lace pickups are the sound you really want.

I'm not sure what the current rate of euro is over the dollar, but in U.S. they tend to go for $800-$900 dollars.

I have no personal experience with strat plus models in particular, but if you know that is really the kind of guitar you want, then that price should be about fair. I'd wait and see what some other peeps on here say, though.

This site seems to have alot of info on strat plus models:
http://xhefriguitars.com/page2.html
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
noisewall11

I can't speak for the price, I've seen them go anywhere between $700-1100 USD.. But I know they are really solid guitars and pretty uncommon + desirable these days. IMO probably one of the best and best sounding strats you could buy.
noisewall11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
Lozhaze

It is deffo the real thing with all the features, real nice looking satin locking tuners and i liked the sound alot. Just unsure of the value in the uk.

Thanks lads.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #7
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs

I don't like the wilkinson roller nut those things used, especially if you want heavier strings. I'd consider replacing that for sure.

Quote:
Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.
Kevin Saale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
monwobobbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytokinesis
Make sure it has all the features that strat plus' had. There are some guitars floating around out there that look like Strat pluses but are just standard strats with the lace pickups and don't have the locking tuners. Also make sure the Gold Lace pickups are the sound you really want.

I'm not sure what the current rate of euro is over the dollar, but in U.S. they tend to go for $800-$900 dollars.

I have no personal experience with strat plus models in particular, but if you know that is really the kind of guitar you want, then that price should be about fair. I'd wait and see what some other peeps on here say, though.

This site seems to have alot of info on strat plus models:
http://xhefriguitars.com/page2.html

not all strat plus models have the gold lace sensors. if it's a 96 then it doesn't have a wilkinson nut but rather the newer one which is different but still not that great for high guage strings. fakes usually have string trees or you can see where the holes for them were. my main guitar is a strat plus deluxe ( blue, silver, silver for pups).
monwobobbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: