I would think it's no big deal at all and it's fine 4 1.83%
Other 9 4.13%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #61
Trowzaa
munchy crunchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnecter
Drinking a few, no big deal. You gotta know your limits.

Disagree completely. Even a few can impair your reaction time quite a bit.
If you're gonna drink at all then don't drive. Even if it's a glass of wine.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #62
metal4all
Always tripping

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madcap
This was something I was thinking about after that thread about buying alcohol for minors.

Many months ago, I went to a get together at a friends house. I'm not too involved in the whole college-social-drinking thing (and I don't drink, really) so I just played video games with some other people there.

Anyways, there was a lot of drinking and smoking weed, which I don't mind as I've been around that plenty of times before (and I've even bought these guys alcohol before as I'm old enough to). So the guys there had drank to the point where you could easily tell if you just walked in the room that they had been drinking. To that point where they're acting ******ed, leaving ridiculously long, stupid voicemails to people, etc.

So moving forward, as I was leaving I saw one of the guys driving to his apartment. It was about 2 in the morning, and if he were to get pulled over, he'd definitely get a DUI (or DWI, I forgot the difference) but he didn't get pulled over. He said his place wasn't very far.

So the point of this thread; There are some things that are displayed by the media as wrong, but it's just not a big deal if people do it. Things like pirating movies or software, or texting while driving. Commercials will display texting while driving as a very bad thing to do, but if I meet somebody ages 18-30, there's a 90% chance they text while drive.

Because I'm not really around this sort of thing often, I'm not really sure how common or frowned upon it really is, so that's why I'm asking.

If you were in that position I was in, what would you think of the guy driving? No big deal? Or do you think he's a jackass?
I know my limits in many drugs. I don't trust myself after more than just a tallboy and the 1 beer per hour limit. I know when I can and can't drive and drive accordingly.

The only time I text while driving is at a stop light/sign. The phone calls are left at 1 minute tops. Get to the point, haha.

-Max Planck
☮∞☯♥
metal4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #63
palm mute
Reserved User

I don't even think a high enough percentage of sober people are fully capable of operating their vehicles, let alone those choosing to impair themselves.

every night
palm mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #64
Kevin19
le

This should be your response to drunk drivers:

le risky click?
Kevin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #65
Eastwinn
pulling empty hall alarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by palm mute
I don't even think a high enough percentage of sober people are fully capable of operating their vehicles

perhaps consider that everyone else thinks that too.

even the people you think are bad drivers.

the majority of people think they are better drivers than the median driver. they can't all be right.

also, it's all about red light texting.
Eastwinn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #66
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson_SG_uzr55
It is illegal, however in my opinion the punishments are not severe enough. My mom was watching Dr. Phil once and this woman who has 5 DUIs was on there, at least one of those times she had her kids in the car, and that doesn't factor in the times she wasn't caught. I was so angry that nothing had been done to keep her off the rode.

JUst admit it Gibby, you were watching Dr. Phil all on your own.

But seriously, I completely agree.

Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #67
eGraham
Logjammin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils

I'm not afraid to say that I've watched Dr. Phil more than once and enjoyed it.

I can throw down some serious Dr. Phil shit if the situation calls for it. That comes in handy.

October 23, 2014
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #68
FearMyLightning
Banned

HOW DRUNK are they and how well can they operate a vehicle sober? I think they should do tests to see if you can operate a vehicle safely at a certain BAC level, then list that level on your license. Then, if you go over, it's automatic license suspension how long depending on how drunk you were.

And for the people talking about semi-truck drivers, the drivers were probably mostly sleep deprived. They are on really strict schedules and even though they have rules as to how long you can go without sleep, I'm sure plenty of them still go longer.

Last edited by FearMyLightning : 10-08-2012 at 09:00 PM.
FearMyLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #69
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearMyLightning
HOW DRUNK are they and how well can they operate a vehicle sober? I think they should do tests to see if you can operate a vehicle safely at a certain BAC level, then list that level on your license. Then, if you go over, it's automatic license suspension how long depending on how drunk you were.

They already give enough people licenses who shouldn't have them. Now we should start testing them while drunk?

Check out my...

YouTube
Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #70
daytripper75
First Sword of Braavos

I don't know anyone that thinks it's a good idea, but I know plenty of people that have done it.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #71
jakesmellspoo
BrBa Survivor's Club

i've never drunk driven, but i've been driven while drunk.

bad experience every time. i wouldn't recommend it.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #72
iHurricaneGTR
Big Gumbo Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
Absolute ****. I don't care if you want to put your own life in danger but there is absolutely no need to put every other person on the road in danger as well. Selfish, cuntish behaviour.

/thread. Also, just because 90% of people 18-30 text while driving doesn't mean it's alright. I get scared as hell when someone I'm in the car with is texting. Pay attention next time someone does it. You can see them start to swerve and make bad, instictive judgments. Not a very safe situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

iHurricaneGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #73
Trowzaa
munchy crunchy

Quote:

Or they should make the legal limit 0.0mg of alcohol.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #74
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE

Quote:

I generally dislike Dr. Phil, but he's not always wrong, he makes good points a fair bit. I'm more of a Maury Povich man anyway.

You're only accusing me of such because I like Secret Life

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers
Gibson_SG_uzr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #75
jazz_rock_feel
Micropolyphoner

It's weird because a generations or two ago it wasn't really that big of a deal. My dad tells stories about how when the cops pulled people over and they were drunk they'd jut ask if they were going straight home and then let them go.

Now, even the most belligerently drunken people I know, who will do some really crazy, dumbass shit when they're hammered, will call a cab or crash at the house we're at or whatever.

Soundcloud. Look at it. Or don't.
jazz_rock_feel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #76
FearMyLightning
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
Or they should make the legal limit 0.0mg of alcohol.

Yeah definitely. I mean you drink one beer, and it affects your judgements and reflexes by such a small, unnoticeable amount, that your ability to operate an automobile is completely gone.

If that were the case, then you probably shouldn't be let anywhere near an automobile sober.

Quote:
They already give enough people licenses who shouldn't have them. Now we should start testing them while drunk?

Well if they shouldn't have them sober then they're sure as hell not going to get a license while drunk. The test would probably have to be a bit more strict too.

Last edited by FearMyLightning : 10-08-2012 at 09:15 PM.
FearMyLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #77
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson_SG_uzr55
You're only accusing me of such because I like Secret Life

Well obviously.

Check out my...

YouTube
Old 10-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #78
█▐▌█▐▌

In my opinion, drinking and driving is irresponsible.

It's not that I have a problem with drinking. Some of my friends drink alcohol and I'm not against that.

And I basically everybody my age drives. I'm not against that either. It's practically a basic need in modern society. (Well, in the suburbs at least. In metropolitan areas where there's public transportation available, I understand it's different.) I even drive a few times a week myself.

But drinking and driving at the same time is, in my opinion, just reckless. There are better ways to get around. If you're at a party or something, you probably have a friend who can help you get home.

So yes, I think the person in question's decision to drink and drive was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neidnarb11890
this thread is boring & full of glib opinions.

Why not illuminate the discussion with your opinion, then?

Last edited by █▐▌█▐▌ : 10-08-2012 at 09:47 PM.
█▐▌█▐▌ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #79
Trowzaa
munchy crunchy

Quote:
Yeah definitely. I mean you drink one beer, and it affects your judgements and reflexes by such a small, unnoticeable amount, that your ability to operate an automobile is completely gone.

If that were the case, then you probably shouldn't be let anywhere near an automobile sober.

Some people are that much of a lightweight So if they are, then they'd be clearly unfit to drive but they'd still be under the legal limit, what do you do in that case?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #80
Saint78
julian wells

I'm loving the Jackass pun. Can't believe no one else has mentioned it. It's not like it was that subtle.

Rate This Thread: