I would think it's no big deal at all and it's fine 4 1.83%
Other 9 4.13%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #81
FearMyLightning
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
Some people are that much of a lightweight So if they are, then they'd be clearly unfit to drive but they'd still be under the legal limit, what do you do in that case?

BAC is on a percent basis, not on the amount of alcohol in your bloodstream. Legal limit is .08% of your blood is alcohol. Now, if I understand this correctly, .08% on someone who weighs only 100 lbs is the same as .08% on a 250 lb person, they just drank different amounts of alcohol. Or course one of them could be more used to the affects of alcohol and therefore drive better.

But if having any amount of alcohol in the bloodstream were to be made illegal, then simply having a beer or two at a restaurant with dinner would make it illegal to drive, even though you would be just fine.
FearMyLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #82
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearMyLightning
Yeah definitely. I mean you drink one beer, and it affects your judgements and reflexes by such a small, unnoticeable amount, that your ability to operate an automobile is completely gone.

If that were the case, then you probably shouldn't be let anywhere near an automobile sober.

You're ****ing clueless. Really. I just hope noone(aside from you) has to die because you're an ignorant ****.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #83
Trowzaa
Banned

Quote:
BAC is on a percent basis, not on the amount of alcohol in your bloodstream. Legal limit is .08% of your blood is alcohol. Now, if I understand this correctly, .08% on someone who weighs only 100 lbs is the same as .08% on a 250 lb person, they just drank different amounts of alcohol. Or course one of them could be more used to the affects of alcohol and therefore drive better.

But if having any amount of alcohol in the bloodstream were to be made illegal, then simply having a beer or two at a restaurant with dinner would make it illegal to drive, even though you would be just fine.

I may be misunderstanding how the percentages work but couldn't someone with 0.8% feel the effects a lot more than someone else with 0.8%? Like me and my friend for example, we weigh about the same but I get drunk a lot easier than he does, even though we'd have drank the same amount. So, our blood/alcohol percentages should be the same, right? Despite me being more ratarsed than he is?
Trowzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #84
FearMyLightning
Banned

Quote:
I may be misunderstanding how the percentages work but couldn't someone with 0.8% feel the effects a lot more than someone else with 0.8%? Like me and my friend for example, we weigh about the same but I get drunk a lot easier than he does, even though we'd have drank the same amount. So, our blood/alcohol percentages should be the same, right? Despite me being more ratarsed than he is?

Tolerance, and food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
You're ****ing clueless. Really. I just hope noone(aside from you) has to die because you're an ignorant ****.

Edit: No you quoted a different post. It's obvious you can't drive worth a fuck and you also have no tolerance to alcohol whatsoever.

Last edited by FearMyLightning : 10-08-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #85
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
Tolerance, and food.

Would you like to elaborate then?

One or two beers can be enough to impair someone. You are also impaired before you hit .08, as your ability to reason, remember, and your ability to feel caution all begin to deteriorate before that point.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #86
FearMyLightning
Banned

Quote:
One or two beers can be enough to impair someone. You are also impaired before you hit .08, as your ability to reason, remember, and your ability to feel caution all begin to deteriorate before that point.

So everyone is driving right on the edge of what is considered safe, and anything to slow their reflexes by a few ms makes it so they're just an accident waiting to happen?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #87
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
So everyone is driving right on the edge of what is considered safe, and anything to slow their reflexes by a few ms makes it so they're just an accident waiting to happen?

Would you condone wearing big oven mitts on your hands when driving? I mean, they only impair you a little.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #88
FearMyLightning
Banned

Quote:
Would you condone wearing big oven mitts on your hands when driving? I mean, they only impair you a little.

If you can't drive with big oven mitts on then you're probably not fit to drive with them off.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #89
TimTheWizard
they call me Guru

not a jackass, more of a DUMBASS
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
TimTheWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #90
jthm_guitarist
"funny" but "unmemorable"

Personally I would never ever do that and think less of someone who does.

But in practice I've seen it done a lot of times; if someone is an "experienced" alcoholic and it really isn't that far, chances are that they will get home just fine. Driving while intoxicated is something you should avoid, but in that situation I would lean closer to "maybe shouldn't" instead of "definitely shouldn't."

show
jthm_guitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #91
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG

I drink while I drive. I drive a bit slower so I don't spill my beer over the speed bumps.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Horsedick.MPEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #92
demonhellcat

"You should not drink and drive..... cause you might spill your drink" - Fat Mike
demonhellcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #93
Saint78
julian wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhellcat
"You should not drink and drive..... cause you might spill your drink" - Fat Mike

**** Fat Mike. Seriously. **** that dude.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #94
macaroni
UG's Colourblind Guy

If he is absolutely wasted, don't ****ing drive.

I have 2 or 3 drinks and then wait a few hours til I drive.
macaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #95
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroni
If he is absolutely wasted, don't ****ing drive.

I have 2 or 3 drinks and then wait a few hours til I drive.

This is the safe and responsible way to do it, people. Listen to this guy; it might just save your life or the life of someone else!

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:42 PM   #96
Joshua Garcia
[vague user title]

No. It's all over the media for a reason. If it weren't as big of a deal to begin with, the media would not have had a reason to blow it up as bad in the first place. It's happened before, its happening now, and it will happen in the future. Think of it as trial and error.
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:59 PM   #97
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $

I think it's sort of a big deal, but I'd never call anyone on it. My best friends have driven home drunk, and while I don't want them too, there's nothing I could ever say to make them not do it. I've driven home tipsy, but only at the point when I know I'm not gonna be a danger to anyone else. And if someone calls me a jackass, it's really not gonna stop me from not driving home when I know I'll be fine.

chev311e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #98
Twist of fate
We Came as Romans

Location: Jersey. If you could live forever, would you be ready for the next Adventure?
Considering a 16 year old girl was killed in the town next to me by a drunk driver recently and this sorta stuff happens every day I'd say he's a dick.

Band page! http://www.facebook.com/PedestalsNJ

Tumblr-http://www.one-mandrinkinggamess.tumblr.com
Twist of fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #99
mschup27
Noob

Quote:
Disagree completely. Even a few can impair your reaction time quite a bit.
If you're gonna drink at all then don't drive. Even if it's a glass of wine.

By that judgement than you also shouldn't drive a car unless you've had at least 6 hours of sleep, or whilst depressed. Or after a long day at work. Oh, or after a hard workout.

Listen I detest drunk driving as much as the next guy, but some of the comments here have been ignorant. In most states in the US you can still have one or two drinks and LEGALLY drive.
mschup27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #100
jambi_mantra
Is actually English

Quote:
Or they should make the legal limit 0.0mg of alcohol.

Doesn't work. You get too many false positives.

Quote:

For one thing, it's .08%, .8% would kill you. Secondly, you'd be amazed how little drink it takes to go over .08%. You don't have to worry about "feeling drunk" at that point. For example, two pints of 5% lager and you'd be over the limit. Also, tolerance+food+common sense.

Gridion Newsletter: http://issuu.com/mugc/docs/mugc_new...r_edition_three
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: