Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: What is your stance on abortion?
Pro-Life 40 12.82%
Pro-Choice 229 73.40%
Pro-Catf*cking 43 13.78%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #61
Bob_Sacamano
dreamy dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
Good job guys, you've shown everyone you know how to search "Bobby Newport" tags on tumblr.

Why'd you post that man? I mean it didn't make me feel good. It was mean, you are mean.

Last edited by Bob_Sacamano : 10-08-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Bob_Sacamano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #62
bradulator
through being cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Ordinary
Paul Rudd is a pretty good actor and I can respect him.

bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #63
macaroni
UG's Colourblind Guy

It's barely alive, abort.
macaroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #64
StewieSwan
Play my dudelsack

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavorules42
I imagine most of you will vote for it because of how liberal the internet is.

?The greatest archive of human knowledge ever to exist
>Overwhelmingly liberal

Funny how that works out.

Original Wood&Strings Song
StewieSwan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #65
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart

Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #66
bradulator
through being cool

bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #67
6-String_Madman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick.MPEG
I support cat f*cking

I knew your stand on this too late. If I knew this earlier, I would have voted for you. hahahaha!
6-String_Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #68
HeavyMetalMan28
Human Disaster

HeavyMetalMan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #69
Drmckool
Self-proclaimed doctorate

I don't care what people do with themselves

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Drmckool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #70
Joshua Garcia
Mr. Clean

Where's the "As long as it is not my decision or my baby, I don't give a flying toot what people choose to do with their baby" option?

Most likely change it from living to dead
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #71
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by neidnarb11890
I think that if abortions are going to happen, they should happen in a safe & legal manner.
However, I am not w/o moral qualms regarding the subject, & would rather see greater emphasis on sex education & access to contraception.

These are my thoughts exactly.

i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #72
whywefight
would you kindly

yay, this thread again! I'm 100% pro catf*cking.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #73
In Vein

The only objective debate that can be held on this subject is at what point a fetus is a viable life, and therefore should be protected as any other person would be. Unfortunately, this comes down to a scientific question that we don't really have an answer to. We know that not all sperm-egg fertilizations are viable embryos since many (a majority I believe) are naturally aborted by the woman's body, often without her even knowing she was pregnant. However, seeing as the human race still exists, there must be some point where a fetus becomes viable and would be born given normal pregnancy circumstances. We are probably nowhere close to being able to determine that point, and we may never be able to. So, I think it would be reasonable to give fetuses the benefit of the doubt, assume they are all viable, even though we know some aren't, and afford them protection as humans.

That said, I'm really not very passionate about this issue, and for almost all other issues adhere very strictly to the doctrine of "if it doesn't harm me, I don't care." So, while I would try to find an alternative to abortion if I was directly involved, I don't force my views on others and certainly don't advocate making abortion illegal.
B. M. Sharp
Asbestoscape
The Glitch Mob
In Vein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #74
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Vein
The only objective debate that can be held on this subject is at what point a fetus is a viable life, and therefore should be protected as any other person would be. Unfortunately, this comes down to a scientific question that we don't really have an answer to. We know that not all sperm-egg fertilizations are viable embryos since many (a majority I believe) are naturally aborted by the woman's body, often without her even knowing she was pregnant. However, seeing as the human race still exists, there must be some point where a fetus becomes viable and would be born given normal pregnancy circumstances. We are probably nowhere close to being able to determine that point, and we may never be able to. So, I think it would be reasonable to give fetuses the benefit of the doubt, assume they are all viable, even though we know some aren't, and afford them protection as humans.

That said, I'm really not very passionate about this issue, and for almost all other issues adhere very strictly to the doctrine of "if it doesn't harm me, I don't care." So, while I would try to find an alternative to abortion if I was directly involved, I don't force my views on others and certainly don't advocate making abortion illegal.

I believe the more important debate is whether or not the fetus has a right to use the woman's body.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #75
Dreadnought
Nyctophiliac

Pro-choice
Old 10-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #76
vIsIbleNoIsE
The Asian-Viking Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Garcia
Where's the "As long as it is not my decision or my baby, I don't give a flying toot what people choose to do with their baby" option?

that's pro-choice, duh

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
vIsIbleNoIsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #77
Iommianity

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others.
Iommianity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #78
Mark Roxx
Thor Reincarnated

I think more charities should donate money so teenage girls can get abortions without having to use their own money.
Mark Roxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #79
vIsIbleNoIsE
The Asian-Viking Paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Vein

my cousin recently had twins and they came out all wrinkly. they poo all the time and selfishly deprive my cousin and her husband of precious sleep. and i found out that they aren't even able to see things clearly with their eyes! so i think abortions should be okay until the baby is like six months old.

(and because i know someone is going to be stupid - joke.)

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
vIsIbleNoIsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #80
SGstriker
Someone will die...

I am going to explain my stance on this, then calmly obtain a flame-shield and wear said flame-shield like a fire-******ant condom...

I am pro-life. My argument isn't religious. It isn't even really whether or not the fetus is living or not. It is simply this: Think of a special person in your life. A relative, a friend, a significant other...now think about how you'd feel if that person had been aborted. If they "never existed" in your life.

That's my view. I'm sticking to it. End of story.

Seattle Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.
SGstriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: