Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: What is your stance on abortion?
Pro-Life 40 12.82%
Pro-Choice 229 73.40%
Pro-Catf*cking 43 13.78%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 10-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #81
sashki
Look mum, no brakes!
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: at home
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGstriker
I am going to explain my stance on this, then calmly obtain a flame-shield and wear said flame-shield like a fire-******ant condom...

I am pro-life. My argument isn't religious. It isn't even really whether or not the fetus is living or not. It is simply this: Think of a special person in your life. A relative, a friend, a significant other...now think about how you'd feel if that person had been aborted. If they "never existed" in your life.

That's my view. I'm sticking to it. End of story.

280 million potential people cease to exist every time I ejaculate.
__________________
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
sashki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #82
due 07
haaan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGstriker
I am going to explain my stance on this, then calmly obtain a flame-shield and wear said flame-shield like a fire-******ant condom...

I am pro-life. My argument isn't religious. It isn't even really whether or not the fetus is living or not. It is simply this: Think of a special person in your life. A relative, a friend, a significant other...now think about how you'd feel if that person had been aborted. If they "never existed" in your life.

They wouldn't be special to me and I wouldn't care.

The most evil people in history wouldn't have been born had they been aborted. We can play this hypothetical game all night. Really it's a terrible way to frame this debate.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #83
SGstriker
Someone will die...
 
SGstriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Coast, mutha****a
^ Yes, but I would rather live in a world with evil people, plus the people I love, than neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashki
280 million potential people cease to exist every time I ejaculate.


They never came into contact with an egg, so were they really people?
__________________



Seattle Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Last edited by SGstriker : 10-09-2012 at 12:09 AM.
SGstriker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #84
Extra Ordinary
Meh
 
Extra Ordinary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne
Do people have a problem with abortions because the fetuses are possibly more sentient than they were as two cells?
Extra Ordinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #85
sashki
Look mum, no brakes!
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: at home
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGstriker
They never came into contact with an egg, so were they really people?

They never fully developed or properly born, so were any aborted fetuses really people?

You're entitled to your opinion, but I think there's a flaw in your logic. I could use the same argument to say that every bad person would not have existed if they had been aborted.

I believe that, for cases such as rape, abortion should be allowed. If the child is unwanted and the mother is unable to provide a decent standard of living for it, why let it suffer? I don't know biology very well, but as far as I'm concerned, an aborted fetus cannot survive as a separate organism, and therefore is not considered fully developed. Therefore, I don't have moral objections towards abortion in certain extreme cases.
__________________
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
sashki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #86
Iommianity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
I am pro-life. My argument isn't religious. It isn't even really whether or not the fetus is living or not. It is simply this: Think of a special person in your life. A relative, a friend, a significant other...now think about how you'd feel if that person had been aborted. If they "never existed" in your life.


lmao. I'd rather imagine they had super powers, or something awesome. But yeah, it would suck if they were aborted as fully formed human beings with emotions and societal ties.
Iommianity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #87
Joshua Garcia
Mr. Clean
 
Joshua Garcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: I keep it clean
Quote:
Originally Posted by vIsIbleNoIsE
that's pro-choice, duh

I obviously know, I'm just asking why it is not worded differently. Duh -_-
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFromTheVoid
Australia probably would change my life

Most likely change it from living to dead
Joshua Garcia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #88
SGstriker
Someone will die...
 
SGstriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: West Coast, mutha****a
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashki
They never fully developed or properly born, so were any aborted fetuses really people?

You're entitled to your opinion, but I think there's a flaw in your logic. I could use the same argument to say that every bad person would not have existed if they had been aborted.

I believe that, for cases such as rape, abortion should be allowed. If the child is unwanted and the mother is unable to provide a decent standard of living for it, why let it suffer? I don't know biology very well, but as far as I'm concerned, an aborted fetus cannot survive as a separate organism, and therefore is not considered fully developed. Therefore, I don't have moral objections towards abortion in certain extreme cases.


I can justify abortion in cases of rape. The woman doesn't want that burden, and it wasn't her fault that it happened in the first place
Honestly, aside from my previous argument, and the fact that in general, I'm very uncomfortable with supporting the ending of a potential life, my other big reason for being against abortion is that it's an easy (and in my mind, immoral) out for people who have sex without protection and aren't smart enough to realize that that is how babies are made.
__________________



Seattle Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.
SGstriker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #89
due 07
haaan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGstriker
^ Yes, but I would rather live in a world with evil people, plus the people I love, than neither.

Do you realize how bizarre this is? If Hitler never existed, you wouldn't be "Aww man, I'm sure glad Hitler never happened." If your best friends were never born, you don't think "Aww man, I wish my friends weren't aborted." Relationships happens post-facto so you shouldn't dictate what happens beforehand.

Think of all the dozens of people you could be close with if they hadn't maybe moved away before your relationship could thrive. Do you think people moving away should be illegal? Or I guess more appropriately, people in general just shouldn't move away? This is a really weird thing on which to base your opinion on an important ethical issue.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #90
due 07
haaan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGstriker
I can justify abortion in cases of rape. The woman doesn't want that burden, and it wasn't her fault that it happened in the first place

I have a friend that was a 'rape baby', how can you justify that? She's close with lots of people, imagine how everyone else would feel if she just never existed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGstriker
Honestly, aside from my previous argument, and the fact that in general, I'm very uncomfortable with supporting the ending of a potential life, my other big reason for being against abortion is that it's an easy (and in my mind, immoral) out for people who have sex without protection and aren't smart enough to realize that that is how babies are made.

Condoms fail.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:20 AM   #91
sashki
Look mum, no brakes!
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: at home
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGstriker
I can justify abortion in cases of rape. The woman doesn't want that burden, and it wasn't her fault that it happened in the first place
Honestly, aside from my previous argument, and the fact that in general, I'm very uncomfortable with supporting the ending of a potential life, my other big reason for being against abortion is that it's an easy (and in my mind, immoral) out for people who have sex without protection and aren't smart enough to realize that that is how babies are made.

Allowing abortion in extreme cases does not mean being okay with abortion all the time.

It should be a last resort. Contraception and birth control should be encouraged in order to make abortions less common. I don't want teenage girls to think "Oh, it's okay, I'll just get another abortion".

Also, doesn't agreeing to abortion in cases of rape effectively make you pro-choice? I thought pro-life means no abortions, under any circumstances, ever.
__________________
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
sashki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #92
due 07
haaan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashki
Also, doesn't agreeing to abortion in cases of rape effectively make you pro-choice? I thought pro-life means no abortions, under any circumstances, ever.

Nah most pro-lifers make the exception in cases of rape (despite it being contradictory to the reason they're pro-life in the first place usually).
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:27 AM   #93
StewieSwan
Play my dudelsack
 
StewieSwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGstriker
I'm very uncomfortable with supporting the ending of a potential life



I hope you never jerk it, bro. You'd be a monster.



Wait no, you're a monster either way. They still die.
__________________
Learn from Lei Feng



Original Wood&Strings Song
StewieSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #94
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashki
280 million potential people cease to exist every time I ejaculate.
Every time you cum you separate your sperm individually and then distribute them to 280 million women?
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:36 AM   #95
dullsilver_mike
UG's Hotdog
 
dullsilver_mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
^ The only way to save those potential lives is to activate your magic swan transformer powers and go rape various queens. What's the worst thing that could happen? It's not like you're laying the seeds of a monumentally large war or anything.
dullsilver_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #96
whywefight
would you kindly
 
whywefight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: I don't care where just far
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
Every time you cum you separate your sperm individually and then distribute them to 280 million women?


Exactly. That's the worst argument ever. Pro-lifers argue life begins with fertilization.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #97
bradulator
through being cool
 
bradulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
if you jizz in your pants on accident while you sleep are you still a murderer?
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #98
Joshua Garcia
Mr. Clean
 
Joshua Garcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: I keep it clean
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashki
280 million potential people's code containing their DNA, which is completed once it's developing inside a woman's womb cease to exist every time I ejaculate.

FTFY
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFromTheVoid
Australia probably would change my life

Most likely change it from living to dead
Joshua Garcia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #99
StewieSwan
Play my dudelsack
 
StewieSwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
Exactly. That's the worst argument ever. Pro-lifers argue life begins with fertilization.



Because 2 cells are so much more alive than 1? Yeah ok.
__________________
Learn from Lei Feng



Original Wood&Strings Song
StewieSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #100
bradulator
through being cool
 
bradulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
if you jizz in your pants on accident while you sleep are you still a murderer?


just hypothetical
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.