Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
TextOnTheScreen
Cap'n crunch

New Recordings Every Day.

I've been posting a new recording (almost) every day for a while, captured exclusively with my cell phone mic. I think the results have been surprisingly good.

You can check them out here: http://soundcloud.com/maybezacharydoestheastro.

Tell me what you think, and I'll listen to your music and tell you what I think of that and it'll be really fun and we might even become friends.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
Serrana

I've thought about doing something like this too. It's definitely fun and gives you good songwriting practice. I did it for a while just doing beats. Bit easier for that cus it doesn't really require vocals and midi recording is quick.

Want is a cool track. The recording quality on the guitar is lo-fi, giving it a great tinniness and ambience. Interesting tone, fits the song perfectly and I think creates a strong point of interest. The actual guitar part is good too, something I would listen to. Or rather, something I would hear on a professional recording and would think "I like what this guys doing with the music". I always base my songwriting off of a cool and interesting** musical idea, not something generic and bland chord progression iv heard a million times. I hear that your doing that too. I would however try and get a new chorus. Thats probably the weakest part of the song, the verse sections work well. The vocals are lacking in strength but the style is cool, appropriate, and your own. Thats important. You would probably benefit from vocal coaching greatly.

I listened to will there be enough glitter too. Your first song interested me. The soloing is ok enough, brian jonestown massacre-esque. Definitely a jam tho, seems idle in some points. The extra piano bits around the 8:00 mark are cool. I would try and develop that into a full song. More soloing at the end I dont feel adds a whole lot.

Overall, I think your headed in the right direction with your song writing. Song-a-day can be fun for a bit but at some point you need to hash out what was good and develop it. "Want" is definitely worthy of another look. I understand these are rough recordings, but I think its cool to record jams and experiment with different things on recordings. Personally, I like being shown experimental recordings, but obviously some people need things to be packaged a clear, certain way. I'm sure you know that though

Heres my stuff http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1567002

Rate This Thread: