Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 AM   #21
OldEscape
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppicurt
just get Guitar Rig.

^ Problem solved.
OldEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:56 AM   #22
Linkerman
UG's Tony Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lateralus-
...because the ME-70 doesnt have a USB connection, which means that I would have to use the headphone jack and a converter to hook it up to my pc.

So many things wrong with that sentence...
You have an UX-1. Just connect the ME-70 output to the UX-1, and use an amp simulator on your computer (Guitar Rig, Peavey Revalver, or try free amp sims - there are lots out there, like the ones by AcmeBarGig...).

As someone already said, go to the Recordings forum and study a bit about recording. You clearly need to.

And Eppicurt gave you the best advice, and you still $#@* all over it. Nicely done, asking for help and then acting like a prick.
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Linkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:09 AM   #23
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech

Blow up their toilet. Then say to them, "that, my dear boy, was noise."

Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
Cathbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #24
lucky1978
Blues Kazooist

I've had several different mfx's over the years, mainly to play at home through headphones. Honestly the Zoom G3 is the easiest to use, sounds great through headphones, has the most usable features of any of the sub-$400 mfx. Also I've A-B'ed the me50 and me70 and the me50 easily sounds better than the 70. Boss cut way too many corners with the me70. I would take the g3 over either though.
lucky1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:34 AM   #25
-Lateralus-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkerman
So many things wrong with that sentence...
You have an UX-1. Just connect the ME-70 output to the UX-1, and use an amp simulator on your computer (Guitar Rig, Peavey Revalver, or try free amp sims - there are lots out there, like the ones by AcmeBarGig...).

Did you even read what I read lower down in the thread? Im turning away from the ME-70 after I found out about the lack of USB connection because it would me crappy quality through the connector. I've used a headphone jack straight into a pc before, and I know how it sounds (which is shit).

Also, I do not want to use amp sims on my pc. I would rather just be able to tweak them through a pedal on the ground instead of having to rely on additional software (besides the recording software). Hence why I want a multi-effects pedal.

Quote:
As someone already said, go to the Recordings forum and study a bit about recording. You clearly need to.

And Eppicurt gave you the best advice, and you still $#@* all over it. Nicely done, asking for help and then acting like a prick.

I'm acting like a prick because someone is telling me that I can play my amp and it not be a problem for my neighbors lol? That he knows which times of the day I'm home or that he assumes I can get a good quality sound out of my amp at low volumes? Look who is acting like a prick.....Come on dude...Pretty much expected this from this forum though, nothing new...
-Lateralus- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #26
-Lateralus-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1978
I've had several different mfx's over the years, mainly to play at home through headphones. Honestly the Zoom G3 is the easiest to use, sounds great through headphones, has the most usable features of any of the sub-$400 mfx. Also I've A-B'ed the me50 and me70 and the me50 easily sounds better than the 70. Boss cut way too many corners with the me70. I would take the g3 over either though.

K thanks, I'll check that one out too. I checked out the G5, but it was a little pricey and seemed to be a bit complicated. Im looking for something that is easy to tweak quickly, but will give me a decent range of sounds.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #27
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.

And I gave you alternatives to using your amps as well. I was trying to help you save money by figuring out why you couldn't use your amp and that maybe you could. Why would I assume you aren't at home until midnight or really early in the morning? That's pretty crucial information and of course I'm going to be curious why you can't use an amp in an apartment.

And how many times can we tell you this? The UX1 is an AUDIO INTERFACE. You can plug the ME70 through it. The pedal doesn't need USB. Besides which, Guitar Rig is going to sound way better than the crappy COSM amp modelling the Boss uses.

Have fun with your crappy Blackstar and ME70.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Eppicurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #28
gumbilicious
beginner

is it just me, or is our advice getting a bit aggressive now-a-days?

i am no fan of blackstar, and i don't think very highly of the boss multi effects but i also realize trying to 'save' someone from tone that i don't like can be a pretty big turn off to the person that advice is being given to.

i don't like it when someone won't take solid advice, but sometimes we have to allow people to make their own 'mistakes'... and sometimes they end up liking something we think is crap.

i say god bless the people who actually like cheap equipment that we think is crappy, cuz they spend WAY less money than i do on gear.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
gumbilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #29
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.

I wouldn't mind so much if he didn't get so upset when I questioned why couldn't use his amp.

I'll admit I was a bit pushy in the advice I gave, honestly trying to save the TS some money by offering some better alternatives. But if he wants to go ahead with his original plan, then I'm not going to stop him. He can do whatever he wants.

Quote:
Old 10-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #30
Linkerman
UG's Tony Stark

Quote:
Did you even read what I read lower down in the thread? Im turning away from the ME-70 after I found out about the lack of USB connection because it would me crappy quality through the connector. I've used a headphone jack straight into a pc before, and I know how it sounds (which is shit).

The thing is, as both i and Eppicurt already explained, you already have a solution to that. That's what i pointed out and what you failed to realize.

Quote:
Also, I do not want to use amp sims on my pc. I would rather just be able to tweak them through a pedal on the ground instead of having to rely on additional software (besides the recording software). Hence why I want a multi-effects pedal.

That's still not an issue, the ME-70 has on-board amp modelling.
Still, i always mention the use of amp sims on the computer, because it's a good alternative (since many times they sound better than amp modellers and there are free ones available).

Quote:
I'm acting like a prick because someone is telling me that I can play my amp and it not be a problem for my neighbors lol? That he knows which times of the day I'm home or that he assumes I can get a good quality sound out of my amp at low volumes? Look who is acting like a prick.....Come on dude...Pretty much expected this from this forum though, nothing new...

You're acting like a prick because the way you're replying to sensible advice, when you failed to give relevant information and are clearly not paying attention to what people tell you.

Most people on this forum genuinely try to help people.
If you're unhappy, you can go elsewhere instead of asking for advice here, acting like a prick and then criticizing the users when you're called on. I can assure you, you won't be missed.
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Linkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #31
fly135
Cheap Gear Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm going to suggest something unorthodox but I do the same at home. Get a mixer and the multifx of your choice. Plug the mixer into the tape monitor of your home stereo system. I have tube amps but find that the mixer into the home stereo works great for keeping the noise level in the acceptable range. Anything you record will sound just exactly as you'd expect when playing it back through a audio system.

If you get a mixer with a USB interface then the recording is direct into the computer. Tube amps seem to be more dynamic than the stereo. They are either too loud or too soft against the backing tracks. But plugging into the stereo makes it easier to control the level against the music. And if you already know how loud you can play your stereo without bugging the neighbors, then you know how loud you can play your guitar.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:29 AM   #32
-Lateralus-

Quote:
And I gave you alternatives to using your amps as well. I was trying to help you save money by figuring out why you couldn't use your amp and that maybe you could. Why would I assume you aren't at home until midnight or really early in the morning? That's pretty crucial information and of course I'm going to be curious why you can't use an amp in an apartment.

And how many times can we tell you this? The UX1 is an AUDIO INTERFACE. You can plug the ME70 through it. The pedal doesn't need USB. Besides which, Guitar Rig is going to sound way better than the crappy COSM amp modelling the Boss uses.

Why I cant use my amp in my apartment is nobodies business and not apart of the topic. I asked a simple question about multi-effects pedals. I only have a few pedals. If I got all of the pedals I wanted, it would end up costing me the same amount as a multi-effects pedal, so I would rather spend the money on that and sell my UX1 to help cover some of the cost. I also knew that if I said too much the tone snobs would come along and try to get off topic about why I should stick with my amp over multi-effects, etc...

I know the UX1 is an audio interface, but obviously if I can get an alternative to the ME-70 that is around the same price and has a USB, I could just sell the UX1 and get some money back to cover the cost of the pedal. Hence why I was asking about a pedal with a USB interface.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:31 AM   #33
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.

I've never met someone so defensive before in my life.

Quote:

qft.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #34
-Lateralus-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135
I'm going to suggest something unorthodox but I do the same at home. Get a mixer and the multifx of your choice. Plug the mixer into the tape monitor of your home stereo system. I have tube amps but find that the mixer into the home stereo works great for keeping the noise level in the acceptable range. Anything you record will sound just exactly as you'd expect when playing it back through a audio system.

If you get a mixer with a USB interface then the recording is direct into the computer. Tube amps seem to be more dynamic than the stereo. They are either too loud or too soft against the backing tracks. But plugging into the stereo makes it easier to control the level against the music. And if you already know how loud you can play your stereo without bugging the neighbors, then you know how loud you can play your guitar.

I considered a mixer, but its a bit pricey in addition to a multi-effects. Im not trying to break the bank with this. I just want something simple. Also, I do not have a stereo system, I only have my laptop and its speakers. Not sure if that would be good enough for it.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:33 AM   #35
-Lateralus-

Quote:
I've never met someone so defensive before in my life.

qft.

And I've never met someone so noisy in my life....

Im here to discuss a good multi-effects pedal, not my freakin amp.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:37 AM   #36
-Lateralus-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbilicious
is it just me, or is our advice getting a bit aggressive now-a-days?

i am no fan of blackstar, and i don't think very highly of the boss multi effects but i also realize trying to 'save' someone from tone that i don't like can be a pretty big turn off to the person that advice is being given to.

i don't like it when someone won't take solid advice, but sometimes we have to allow people to make their own 'mistakes'... and sometimes they end up liking something we think is crap.

i say god bless the people who actually like cheap equipment that we think is crappy, cuz they spend WAY less money than i do on gear.

I like my blackstar amp, but it sounds better at higher volumes than lower ones, which is why I cant get the sound I want out of it at a lower level. Im not looking to break the bank, I just want something simple, sounds decently good, and is easy to plug into my pc to record with. Thats it, nothing more, nothing less. I would also like to get rid of my UX1 to cover some of the cost as Im not looking to spend too much.

Im not looking for a mesa boogie or to make my own recording studio, just what I said above.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #37
kutless999

Check out Schuffam's S-gear software. You can try it for free and it'll sound a whole lot better than the me-70. You could use your ux-1 as an interface.

http://www.scuffhamamps.com/product

Last edited by kutless999 : 10-11-2012 at 10:00 AM.
kutless999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: