Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
stratplyr

I am confused as hell on what power supply i need.

Okay, my basic setup is a strat that goes through a mxr flange> delay> POG> Morley Wah> EHX holy Stain>Boss RC20> amp

I used to have a ton of danelectro cool cat pedals as well that were between the holy stain and BOSS, about 5 of them, and while they are good pedals they do very little for my tone. In fact, as i mature as a player i am finding that the only pedals i find myself using are the EHX, mostly for reverb or OD&fuzz just to keep the noise level low when bedroom strumming, my morley wah (which i may replace,) and i use my boss rc20 a ton.
The pog, flange, delay, and all the cool cats are nice but they are merely there for experimentation and when i am bored.

Anyways, i have been playing on the go alot lately, and i am tired of buying 9v's for the wah and ehx, i use rechargable AA's in the boss, i need a power supply that can power these 3 pedals, but i am confused as to which one is right for me, there are so many choices. I am wondering what is a good, affordable, reliable unit that will power these three flawlessly, and give me a tiny bit of room to grow.

I would like the ability to add the flange, delay, and pog on there but it won't be there 100% of the time. Any ideas? I am stumped on power supplies.
stratplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
greeny23
Mechromancer

1spot will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock05
would a pedalboard make my rc20xl loop station sound better? the playback on this thing sucks with batteries and the power supply.
greeny23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
stratplyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny23
1spot will be fine.

lol sorry, i use something similar already, i should of mentioned i need a power supply that i can use on the go, mostly with just the 3 pedals. Wah, holy stain and boss rc20
Old 10-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratplyr
lol sorry, i use something similar already, i should of mentioned i need a power supply that i can use on the go, mostly with just the 3 pedals. Wah, holy stain and boss rc20

I guess I'm not understanding what you're asking for?
Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
greeny23
Mechromancer

Quote:

1spot will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock05
would a pedalboard make my rc20xl loop station sound better? the playback on this thing sucks with batteries and the power supply.
greeny23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
gumbilicious
beginner

1 spot is about the most minimalistic power supply you can get. even wall warts seem clunky by comparison.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
gumbilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #7
fogger808
Greg

Voodoo labs pedal power iso 5, or pedal power 2, or dunlop power brick. The voodoo labs is better, but both work well
fogger808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
souperman08

I have no idea why your 1spot doesn't work, but a Voodoo Labs Iso 5 should do the trick.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #9
stratplyr

okay after a bit of reading, i understand that what i was looking for doesnt actually exist. I had it in my mind that the power bricks currently on sale are actually portable power, as in they are rechargeable. I now realize they aren't and I would still have to plug in. Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but i think for now the adapter I have works fine. I didnt realize the other adapters need to be plugged in as well.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #10
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart

What you appear to be looking for does exist.
This may be what you are looking for :

http://us.sanyo.com/Pedal-Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I'm sorry that we won't validate your decision, we give advice here, not good feelings

Last edited by CodeMonk : 10-09-2012 at 06:45 AM.
CodeMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #11
Maximus_2005

Quote:
okay after a bit of reading, i understand that what i was looking for doesnt actually exist. I had it in my mind that the power bricks currently on sale are actually portable power, as in they are rechargeable. I now realize they aren't and I would still have to plug in. Thanks for the suggestions everyone, but i think for now the adapter I have works fine. I didnt realize the other adapters need to be plugged in as well.

wow....

Quote:
"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
Maximus_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:56 AM   #12
whoomit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonk
What you appear to be looking for does exist.
This may be what you are looking for :

http://us.sanyo.com/Pedal-Juice

Oh wow, that's handy.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:38 AM   #13
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
Oh wow, that's handy.

Yeah.
I went to the Los Angeles Amp show a few years ago and they had that right at the entrance.
Looked pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I'm sorry that we won't validate your decision, we give advice here, not good feelings
CodeMonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: