Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
makutoid
Registered Rocker

Line 6 Wireless - Multiple Transmitters

I've got the Line 6 G30 wireless relay wired into my pedalboard, with a second input that I plug an acoustic into and have a switch to toggle between them. I've set this little system up so that switching guitars doesn't involve swapping any leads over and can just push a switch instead.

What I was wondering, is if I could get a second transmitter for the G30, so I can have a back up electric without having to swap anything else or add another input to my board. So to swap between electrics, I'd just have to switch the first transmitter off, then pick up the second guitar and turn that transmitter on and it works.

Could I do that with the G30, as long as the transmitter and receiver are set to the same channel of course..?

Complete Yamaha Super Flighter Collection

Marshall JCM600 2x12
Marshall JCM900 4100
Marshall 1960A 4x12

New Pedalboard in progress..
makutoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
souperman08

You'd be better off just keeping them on different channels. Electric on 1, and acoustic on 2 for example. Or is that what you're thinking?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
makutoid
Registered Rocker

Acoustic and electric I'm keeping on different channels, this is for a second electric. Only one will be in use at a time so the signals won't interfere with each other, I'm just thinking I'd want my other electric to be wireless too, and it'd make a lot more sense to buy another transmitter and use it with the same receiver than buy a whole new set... It would work right?

Marshall JCM600 2x12
Marshall JCM900 4100
Marshall 1960A 4x12

Old 10-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
forsaknazrael
..kupo?

What's the big deal with switching guitars? It's not hard. If the popping when you unplug your cable is the issue, consider getting a Neutrik silent switching plug.

I use one in my live rig, love it.
forsaknazrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #5
Chaosinborn

The answer is yes you can buy another transmitter.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance

I run a pitchblack tuner in my pedal chain. When I want to switch guitars or anything instead of having to hit standby I just engage the tuner and it stops the signal from reaching my amp. Then I can swap cables as much as I like in the chain before the pitchblack without any noise or signal at all.

To answer your question directly, yes you could use another transmitter, although I use a G30 as well and swapping guitars is very easy.

Check out my band!

One Night in Paris
AxSilentxLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #7
makutoid
Registered Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsaknazrael
What's the big deal with switching guitars? It's not hard. If the popping when you unplug your cable is the issue, consider getting a Neutrik silent switching plug.

I use one in my live rig, love it.

I know it's not hard, I'm not a total ****** :L Wireless is less restrictive (with acoustic I'm sat down so I'm not going anywhere so don't care) and the clip is a right ass to get onto the strap so it takes a bit of a fiddle to attach it. It's just faster and easier to put one guitar down, pick the other one up, and go straight away. When there's quick changes between songs and you play the last note in one and the first in the next, you wanna change quickly!

Marshall JCM600 2x12
Marshall JCM900 4100
Marshall 1960A 4x12

Old 10-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #8
forsaknazrael
..kupo?

I use Dunlop straplocks on my guitars, so I can actually switch one strap between multiple guitars quite easily. Something to think about.
forsaknazrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #9
yelemusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by makutoid
I know it's not hard, I'm not a total ****** :L Wireless is less restrictive (with acoustic I'm sat down so I'm not going anywhere so don't care) and the clip is a right ass to get onto the strap so it takes a bit of a fiddle to attach it. It's just faster and easier to put one guitar down, pick the other one up, and go straight away. When there's quick changes between songs and you play the last note in one and the first in the next, you wanna change quickly!

Put the transmitter into your back pocket, and never have to take it off one strap and put it on the other again. I don't like the look of transmitters on straps anyway, but that's also the fastest way I've come up with so far.

The two transmitter method might sound nice, but imagine you forget to switch the unused transmitter off during a gig... those things do happen.
yelemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
ultimate-rocker

Yes you can buy another transmitter. Just make sure you get the same frequency as your other electric. If you want to buy another transmitter there's no reason why anyone should care if you buy another one or just switch leads.
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
ultimate-rocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: