Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
benonbass1

Post-Punk rock track C4C

Hey guys.

Not really sure how to classify this (new to this game), I suppose it's pretty straight rock in this case, but in general we are going for a fast rock/punk/post hardcore feel.

This is a first draft of the track.

Please feel free to leave crit on any aspect of the track, then drop me a link in your reply and I'll match your crit ASAP
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 olof1.gp5 (52.7 KB, 146 views)
benonbass1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
BloodReverence

That was sick man ahahah Super upbeat and really catchy. Good work.
BloodReverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
StrumThatFender

The chord progression can get a little boring after a while. I love the bridge section though.
StrumThatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
benonbass1

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm hoping it won't be so prevalently repetitive once I get vox on it.

Cheers guys.
benonbass1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
Seb1uk

Like someone already said the chord progression of the intro/chorus kinda gets boring. I know vocals would help spice it up a bit, but still, too much repetition. I was really hoping the bridge was leading to a big section with a slightly different mood. And you could've ended on that big section rather than having another chorus.

I quite liked the verses though, it's quite a nice switch of mood from the intro, although not sure how well the transition into the chorus from the verse works, but then again, I'm sure vocals will help there. I think maybe you need to change the last 2 bars of the verse, more/different chord changes, or a little 4 note run or something to make the transition a bit smoother. Because the first chord of the chorus doesn't really sound right after the last chord of the verse.

Still, nice song, I enjoyed it, just needs some work. And I dunno if you saw in my thread but I've actually got the finished version of my song in the first post, if you click on v12.

Rate This Thread: