Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
Angkorthom

Need help buy guitar computer lesson

I have been using E-Media Guitar Method (Beginning) to learn some chords. They are good as I learned some good stuff but their songs are very old. Most of them, I'v never heard of. So no movitation for me to practice using the songs they have in the DVD. I only went through it fast to learn the chords. Now I am ready to move on to the intermediate one or next step. E-Media has a intermediate lesson but I am wondering if anyone here has any good experience with other computer lesson for intermidiate students including scales, some advanced chords and good songs. I appreciate your sharing.
Angkorthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

If you can't take what you learned in the beginner course and apply it to other songs no course is going to help you. I suggest you go back and try again, this time thinking more about what you're doing.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
Angkorthom

I was not saying I can't applied what I learned from those lessons to other songs. I just wanted to hear from people who had good experience with other software they bought when I buy for my next one. I know there are a lot of them out there in the market and they are all not the same and that is why I need to hear from someone had used it and liked it. Thanks anyway for your quick answer. I am still using the software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod_Beeblebr
If you can't take what you learned in the beginner course and apply it to other songs no course is going to help you. I suggest you go back and try again, this time thinking more about what you're doing.

Last edited by Angkorthom : 10-09-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
MaaZeus

Why buy learning DVDs when there are some good stuff on the internet for free? Like Justin Sandercore's website/youtube channel.

Anyway, if you lack motivation I say take a small break from theory for a short while, learn to read tabs (takes about two minutes) and try to play the songs you like to learn. Maybe even buy Guitar Pro program and download the tabs from here and it plays them with midi instruments, slowed down if you wish. Helps you to play along with other instruments.

Someone may disagree with my advice but thats what helps me to keep my motivation up.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Peavey Valveking 100 MESA MOD
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
MaaZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
JackJackSuited

I've considered buying learning DVDs for the structure I hope they'd offer. Justinguitar is really good but sometimes feels a little unstructured and that feeling becomes an obstacle.
JackJackSuited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
Don223

I've tried the software, the DVD's, some books, and the free internet stuff. Do a search on here for jamplay. I wrote a review of it a couple weeks ago shortly after signing up. Seriously, I've found new motivation and I've played my guitar more in the past couple weeks then I've done in many months before that. It's a pay site but you can search the net for a coupon code. I think its well worth the $15/mo. I've even seen a code for a free week.

No, I have no affiliation with them. I just think the site is really good and I wish I found it sooner in my learning.
Don223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #7
Angkorthom

Thank you all for responding!

Rate This Thread: