Sexual Healing, oh baby
Makes me feel so fine
Helps to relieve my mind
Sexual Healing baby, is good for me
Tempoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #22
JustRooster
Organ Donor

My perfect girlfriend would sit around, drink cheap beer, and listen to Baroness and Red Fang with me.

SSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Spudly
Heck I killed a grizzly with a telecaster. Tex-Mex pickups too. Imagine what I could have done with twang kings or something like that.

JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #23
supersac

she can listen to whatever she wants as long as shes not annoying about it
im sure shed show me some bands and id show her some
if shes not completely cosed minded im sure wed end up liking some similar bands which we then woud go to concerts of

oh also if she dislikes my bands...thats just a nono

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
You sound like an amazing friend
i sound like one...im secretly a huge dick

my bands soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/thenativetongues
supersac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #24
J-Dawg158
UG's Resident Dhampyr

I can handle different tastes provided it is consistent. My last girlfriend pretty much only listened to what was on the Hot 100, and once a song goes off of it then it was, "So yesterday's news"

Once I hear a song or an artist I like I cling to them from now on and go back to them from time to time, but she just used them like toilet paper. Shit used to burn me up for some reason.
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
J-Dawg158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #25
korinaflyingv
Bow you ****s

Music taste is quite important to me, I guess. My ex girlfriend was severely lacking in that department. I've now found someone with excellent taste though.
korinaflyingv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #26
ali.guitarkid7
Lonely Pup

Taste in music is very important to me.

My last girlfriend actually introduced me to a lot of post-rock and drone (some hardstyle too). In theory she was perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmileyface
yeah russia is pretty shit
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #27
mullet1337
A Man A Plan

I will marry any girl that's into Coheed & Cambria without asking her name.

I II III VI:1 VI:2
mullet1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #28
Saint78
julian wells

I don't care what my perfect girlfriend listens to. I don't base attraction on musical taste.

Girls who like obscure bands are almost always annoying, by the way.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #29
Tragic Mulatto
MostInsecureGirlInThePool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint78
I don't care what my perfect girlfriend listens to. I don't base attraction on musical taste.

Girls who like obscure bands are almost always annoying, by the way.

Nice contradiction
Tragic Mulatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #30
v_gamer

I think it's hilarious that half the posts in this thread state that they dont care about music tastes....except they have to be in to this or cannot listen to that.

my lady introduced me to bands such as NIN, Pink Floyd (other than dark side), rush, radiohead, jack white, and many others. she listens to what she likes. I do the same.
v_gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #31
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar

If you need your SO to like the same music as you you're probably a narcissistic ass. It doesn't matter to me

Last edited by fail : 10-09-2012 at 05:01 PM.
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #32
Eastwinn
liber abaci

Quote:

this is a hypothetical game, you don't have to take the high ground.

same goes for fail above me.
Eastwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #33
Saint78
julian wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragic Mulatto
Nice contradiction

Wasn't a contradiction. I stereotyped girls who listen to obscure bands. Didn't say I couldn't be attracted to them. If I'm physically attracted to someone, I couldn't care less what they listen to.

EDIT: ^ im a rule breaker so what
Old 10-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #34
JustRooster
Organ Donor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwinn

Thank you. I left the thread, then came back just to post something along the lines of what you did... and you phrased it better.

SSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Spudly
Heck I killed a grizzly with a telecaster. Tex-Mex pickups too. Imagine what I could have done with twang kings or something like that.

JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #35
Tragic Mulatto

Quote:
Wasn't a contradiction. I stereotyped girls who listen to obscure bands. Didn't say I couldn't be attracted to them. If I'm physically attracted to someone, I couldn't care less what they listen to.

It wasn't clear that you meant physical attraction
Old 10-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #36
ChucklesMginty
lol

Probably jazz and classical, and The Beatles.

But I'll take what I can get.
ChucklesMginty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #37
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
I serenaded my girlfriend with St. Of My <3 once.

Her: Who was that by?
Me: The Death Panels.
Her: I thought so.. *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
Don't you like the Beatles?

Or are they to "pleb" now or something?

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success: the Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worth of being saved.
In a sense the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little attention to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as one can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for free for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply publicize what the music business wants to make money with.

Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles. And rock critics will study more of rock history and realize who invented what and who simply exploited it commercially.

Beatles' "aryan" music removed any trace of black music from rock and roll: it replaced syncopated african rhythm with linear western melody, and lusty negro attitudes with cute white-kid smiles.

Contemporary musicians never spoke highly of the Beatles, and for a good reason. They could not figure out why the Beatles' songs should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that the Beatles were simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to "Beatlemania", which had nothing to do with their musical merits). THat phenomenon kept alive interest in their (mediocre) musical endeavours to this day. Nothing else grants the Beatles more attention than, say, the Kinks or the Rolling Stones. There was nothing intrinsically better in the Beatles' music. Ray Davies of the Kinks was certainly a far better songwriter than Lennon & McCartney. The Stones were certainly much more skilled musicians than the 'Fab Fours'. And Pete Townshend was a far more accomplished composer, capable of "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia". Not to mention later and far greater British musicians. Not to mention the American musicians who created what the Beatles later sold to the masses.

The Beatles sold a lot of records not because they were the greatest musicians but simply because their music was easy to sell to the masses: it had no difficult content, it had no technical innovations, it had no creative depth. They wrote a bunch of catchy 3-minute ditties and they were photogenic. If somebody had not invented "beatlemania" in 1963, you would not have wasted five minutes of your time to read a page about such a trivial band.

Anyway, my ideal qt gf's fav artists would be Sleater-Kinney and A$AP Rocky.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #38
Tragic Mulatto

haha scaruffi is a ****ing asshole
Old 10-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #39
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwinn

If I don't care either way, how am I supposed to answer?
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #40
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fail
If I don't care either way, how am I supposed to answer?

To what music does your imaginary ideal bf listen? Or if it bugs you that much, you don't have to answer. It is not that hard a concept.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: