Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-21-2012, 04:53 AM   #41
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor

Who wants to go backyard wrestling?
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
nashawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:11 AM   #42
Wonder_TK

Avenged Sevenfold, i like this band but when i went to their concerts i thought i was in a justin bieber show or something
Wonder_TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #43
whywefight
pray I pray I pray

A7X of course. I've never seen more diehard fans of mediocrity.

Basically anything scene. Every once in a while something isn't too bad, but the comments section on youtube destroys it immediately.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #44
Addonexus408
Bay Area Thrash

Slipknot.
My band
Addonexus
Addonexus408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #45
DefineAlive94

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedy1414
Ya, people praise Synester and Im not sure why.If you disagree they become hostile.

Exactly. Yes i think his a pretty talented musicians, but (and i have a few friends that would hate me for this) hes certainly not the best.
DefineAlive94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:40 AM   #46
lillianyang
Banned

wow, that sounds cool!This is great site and I am happy to have found it.Good point. Thank you for sharing
lillianyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:50 AM   #47
sloppyjoe24
CHOO CHOO!

I find it's usually a red flag if the band wears v-necks.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
sloppyjoe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #48
Mechanical015

Metalcore has some of the most annoying fans. The Hardcore dancing is the worst.
Mechanical015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #49
cam sh
UG's bad seed...

-Green Day
-Michael Jackson
-Slipknot
-You Me At Six

I mean, I love Green Day (look at my avatar), but some of their fans are just.....

Last edited by cam sh : 11-25-2012 at 01:04 PM.
cam sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:55 AM   #50
op4blushift

I like the band, but some Muse fans. Its ridiculous how obsessive they get over the band member's personal lives. E.g when Matt Bellamy engaged to Kate Hudson, videos with the two had death threats to Hudson and that she was a slut blah blah etc.

But then again, practically every band has a good and bad fan-base. (and it really depends on what is good and bad to you).
op4blushift is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #51
Second Rate

I apologize if this gets kind of long.

My biggest problem these days is with a particular hipster strain of "metalhead." The ones that go out of their way to name all of the "totally awesome" non metal bands they listen to in an effort to try and impress people. They also spend a lot of time trash talking metal and rarely have anything positive to say about the genre they supposedly love so much. And before any of you give me the lecture on open mindedness.... there is a big difference between being open minded and being a completely pretentious douche bag.

Second..... fans of something called "depressive suicidal black metal." Go kill yourself or shut up. The "oh woe is me, lonely is the world" schtick gets tiring pretty quickly, and listening to it doesn't make you some deep thinker or brooding, tortured soul.

Third... Tool fans. I've never met a Tool superfan that plays an instrument, but boy do they all think they are experts on it after listening to this band. The only thing worse than Maynard's smug, pseudo intellectual drivel is the way people my age prattle on about it like they are the modern equivalent of Aristotle.

And lastly.... deluded Metallica fans. I used to find them kind of funny, now i find them annoying. These are the guys that say stupid things like "Megadeth is a Metallica rip off," and desperately cling to the belief that Metallica are "still the same band they were in 1983."
Second Rate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #52
bbruc3
Valhalla I am coming...

i have to agree, i absolutely LOVE some BVB music but the fanbase ruins it for them. The fanbase is the main reason metalheads won't listen to their music. It's similar with Motionless In White except the lead singer Chris is constantly trying to tell his fanbase that he oposes this kind of thing. He says he dresses how he likes cuz he likes it and that doesnt mean that his fans have to be like him to listen to his music. me and a mate are huge fans of the band and im "stereotypically" a "post-hardcore" looking fan; snapbacks, flannos, straight hair, tight jeans while hes the typical Pantera psych fan. goatees, long wavy hair or no hair, black jeans and singlets.
Musical genres and fanbases need a more open minded approach to music in general.

Last edited by bbruc3 : 11-28-2012 at 11:36 PM.
bbruc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #53
bbruc3
Valhalla I am coming...

its funny too because the riff (not the sound structure just the riff) of this song resembles old school bring me the horizon from the count your blessings album
bbruc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #54
caleb99

Yea Im with odinmisawa, whats wrong with blink 182 fans, I know for some reason people think theyre garbage, well people that think that metallica and bands like that are modern day mozarts think theyre garbage because of the simplicity of their songs, but i have never stood up for three guys i dont know, i like their music and others dont but it doesnt bother me if you dont. All in all ive heard talk about them but not there fans. so whats wrong with em?

And I just want to add so I dont get shot when im walking down the street by some metalhead.
I did not imply that Tom is better than Kirk or any blink member being better when its obvious they arent as skilled as metallica except maybe travis.
caleb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #55
BK202
The Shape of Jazz To Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb99
Yea Im with odinmisawa, whats wrong with blink 182 fans, I know for some reason people think theyre garbage, well people that think that metallica and bands like that are modern day mozarts think theyre garbage because of the simplicity of their songs, but i have never stood up for three guys i dont know, i like their music and others dont but it doesnt bother me if you dont. All in all ive heard talk about them but not there fans. so whats wrong with em?

And I just want to add so I dont get shot when im walking down the street by some metalhead.
I did not imply that Tom is better than Kirk or any blink member being better when its obvious they arent as skilled as metallica except maybe travis.

Responses like this are why people think so.

Also, they get a lot of shit from the punk scene because they're essentially a bastardized version of bands like these:

http://barelyhumanstoleyourboyfriend.blogspot.com/

RIP Troy Davis.
BK202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #56
Skodward714
UG's Most Metal Brony

I hate a lot of metal fans in general. Not all of them, but as a metal fan myself I can say from experience a lot of metal fans are elitist assholes. These metalheads are the ones I like to call "metalsnobs". They're not open to any music other than metal, and even then they tell you that you have a shit taste in music just because you like one band that's on what I call the Metalsnob Hate List, which is basically all the bands that are popular to hate on by metalsnobs. Of course there are a lot of openminded nice metal fans who listen to other stuff besides metal, like me, but I'm talking about all of the dickish ones. The best place to see what metalsnobs are is on /r/metal on Reddit.com. People are just annoying on there, and I've rarely have had any problems with metalheads until I went there. It's the place where my term metalsnobs originated.
Skodward714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #57
caleb99

Well I guess if you think about it, a vast majority of the world is filled with ignorant people, also that vast majority likes music, wether its Blink 182, Mettalica, Zeppelin, Justin Beiber, Taylor Swift, or any other person who makes music. So pretty much no matter what band or pop star it is, they WILL with no exceptions have a few morons in their fanbase. Its the reality of life, so I take back my previous post. Even Blink 182 is bound to have those kind of people in their fanbase.
caleb99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: