User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #81
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Well, if she keeps breaking the rules or being rude, then put her in timeout.

For example, if you tell a kid, "I have to do homework. I cannot play with you. Go play on your own." But she keeps bothering you (which is rude), then put her in a chair and say, "Don't move from this chair for 10minutes. If you complain about it, I'm going to add more time." Then, when she complains (which she will for a bit), then add more time. It's all about consistency with kids.

couldn't find english. but you get the picture if you've seen the episode.
you watch too much supernanny.

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
BjarnedeGraaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #82
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by BjarnedeGraaf

couldn't find english. but you get the picture if you've seen the episode.
you watch too much supernanny.

I've never watched Supernanny. However, my gf's niece lives at her house. They put her in timeout all the time. Guess what? It works.

Furthermore, my parents, grandparents, and many family friends have told me that disciplining your children is the only real way to NOT have spoiled kids. You tend to ask these things, when you find a girl you love and want to marry her and have kids.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #83
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's bear

Quote:
I've never watched Supernanny. However, my gf's niece lives at her house. They put her in timeout all the time. Guess what? It works.

Furthermore, my parents, grandparents, and many family friends have told me that disciplining your children is the only real way to NOT have spoiled kids. You tend to ask these things, when you find a girl you love and want to marry her and have kids.

A time-out... seriously? what's keeping her on the seat? especially since TS' little brat is already spoiled, saying shit like "here, sit on this chair for 10 minutes" is NEVER going to work.

I'd give her back what she gave me? she's rude? I'll be rude. She hits me? I'll slap the bitch as "hard" as she hit me. kid or not.
I don't believe in a soft "talking"approach when a good old spanking works just as good.
I won't strike first ofcourse. but I'll give her back her own behavior, and then ask her how she felt about me doing that. after she says what she felt (probably that she didn't like that) I'd tell her I didn't like her doing that shit to me etiher, so I returned the favor so she could experience how I felt about it.
Do that enough times for it to sink in, and it's all good in the end.

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Stagg SW203N
Old 10-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #84
magnus_maximus
lord of the files

Quote:
A time-out... seriously? what's keeping her on the seat? especially since TS' little brat is already spoiled, saying shit like "here, sit on this chair for 10 minutes" is NEVER going to work.

I'd give her back what she gave me? she's rude? I'll be rude. She hits me? I'll slap the bitch as "hard" as she hit me. kid or not.
I don't believe in a soft "talking"approach when a good old spanking works just as good.
I won't strike first ofcourse. but I'll give her back her own behavior, and then ask her how she felt about me doing that. after she says what she felt (probably that she didn't like that) I'd tell her I didn't like her doing that shit to me etiher, so I returned the favor so she could experience how I felt about it.

That's a bit sadistic brah.
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #85
Mistress_Ibanez

Quote:

Abusing children through violence does not work.

A chair is not a good place for a time out though, too casual. I would put them in a hallway or on a step on the stairs. Nothing is keeping them there but obligation. Every time they move, you put them back and restart the timer. So it'll take longer than the time you were meant to give them, but they will get fed up before you do and just serve out the punishment. Then next time or the time after that they'll remember how painful and drawn out moving away from time out is and they'll just do it first time around.
Mistress_Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #86
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez

A chair is not a good place for a time out though, too casual. I would put them in a hallway or on a step on the stairs. Nothing is keeping them there but obligation. Every time they move, you put them back and restart the timer. So it'll take longer than the time you were meant to give them, but they will get fed up before you do and just serve out the punishment. Then next time or the time after that they'll remember how painful and drawn out moving away from time out is and they'll just do it first time around.

How is it "abusing" if you give them back exactly what they gave you?

Edit: also TS is not her guardian/parent so you don't really have the power to give her a time-out. Simply because you're a family member and older.

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Stagg SW203N

Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf : 10-10-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #87
Mistress_Ibanez

Quote:
How is it "abusing" if you give them back exactly what they gave you?

Because they are a child and you are an adult. You can't pick on someone who is physically and mentally weaker than you when they don't have the theory of mind to understand the consequence of their actions.
Mistress_Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #88
CG Man16
hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
CG Man16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #89
WCPhils
UG Addict

Quote:

Actually it works extremely well. I don't think you've ever watched a child before.

Last edited by WCPhils : 10-10-2012 at 05:49 PM.
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #90
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
Actually it works extremely well. I don't think you've ever watched a child before.

actually I've seen lots of kids where a time out just didnt do shit.

I for one will never be walked all over by a child.
I'd raise my kids the way my parents raised me. I turned out to be a respectful young man, so my parents must have done something right, and they never used time outs on me.

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Stagg SW203N
Old 10-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #91
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod

Quote:

Sounds mature.

Reminds me of the episode in Seinfeld when Kramer refuse to apologise to a monkey after they've had a "fight" with the argument 'he started it'.

Last edited by JohnnyGenzale : 10-10-2012 at 06:51 PM.
JohnnyGenzale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #92
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
actually I've seen lots of kids where a time out just didnt do shit.

That's nice. Your personal experiences don't mean it never works.

Quote:
I'd raise my kids the way my parents raised me. I turned out to be a respectful young man, so my parents must have done something right, and they never used time outs on me.

Bully for you! I'm sure they punished you somehow at times though. At the least, they taught you to be respectful, huh?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #93
beau05
UG Senior Member

Quote:

Physical discipline worked for my brother and I

I don't agree with child abuse, but sometimes (like 1 time in particular in my case) physical discipline is required to set the boundaries. This is something however I won't be subjecting my future child to
Old 10-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #94
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's bear

Quote:
That's nice. Your personal experiences don't mean it never works.

Bully for you! I'm sure they punished you somehow at times though. At the least, they taught you to be respectful, huh?

They punished me by using "violence". it never hurt, but it got the messege across.
They never took things away or use "time-outs"

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Stagg SW203N
Old 10-11-2012, 02:47 AM   #95
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau05

Testament, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, CoB, Iron Maiden, WASP, Led Zep, Sabbath, Deep Purple, Cream, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Venom, Def Leppard, Suicidal Tendencies, Dungeon, Sinate (local band), Exodus, Annihilator, Arch Enemy, Death Angel, Death, Coroner

Liar!

Old 10-11-2012, 02:51 AM   #96
devourke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau05

I don't agree with child abuse, but sometimes (like 1 time in particular in my case) physical discipline is required to set the boundaries. This is something however I won't be subjecting my future child to

You got the jandal, huh?
devourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:18 AM   #97
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fail
I was already playing with her at the time She constantly wants to play.

The rude comments are the kinds of things you'd expect from a toddler who still lacks social cues. Like pointing out a pregnant woman in public and saying "LOOK AT THAT FAT LADY LOL". (Yes, she did that) To me she'll just say my clothes are ugly or something like that. That I can let slide, but the bossiness makes me want to chuck her down the stairs. She orders me to do things with her, mostly. She argued with me for about 20 minutes about playing video games when I couldn't. I said maybe in 15 minutes, and she kept trying to bargain with me for a shorter wait time. So I said I wouldn't play with her at all and she still wouldn't shut the hell up. She doesn't take no for an answer.

Oh well then in that case just fist her.

Should shut her up for a few hours

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
slash_GNR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #98
beau05
UG Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devourke
You got the jandal, huh?

Haha and then some!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #99
brownshirt1

Quote:

Until they start kicking, screaming, balling theirs eyes out, throwing shit (not in the literal sense) and walk away from their time out zone. Then what?

I've been friends with a kid who had a problematic sister, she never responded to this kind of treatment.

Last edited by brownshirt1 : 10-11-2012 at 08:51 AM.
brownshirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #100
rocknroll93
UG's very own Convict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
like this if you were born in the wrong generation!

I wish UG had a like post button...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
rocknroll93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: