Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
NotTheMessiah30
UG Fanatic

6505+ working fine but standby light dead

So as the title suggests my 6505+ does something strange. It all works just fine, and sounds great but the standby light never lights up.

I bought this used from a friend who says it's always been that way since he had it so I can only assume it's not anything too drastic since as far as I know he had it for around a year or so and it saw regular use.

As I said the amp is working fine, and it performed excellently at my last rehearsal for around 3 hours.

Does anyone know if this is an indication of something potentially sinister happening?

EDIT: The standby function does work perfectly, just the light doesn't.

Last edited by NotTheMessiah30 : 10-10-2012 at 08:22 PM.
NotTheMessiah30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
mespinos
Hamer time

Not sure. I bought my Savage brand new and the Master Vol 2 LED never worked. Everything was flawless. When I sold it, buyer still payed full asking price knowing.

I would say its most likely okay, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
NotTheMessiah30
UG Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mespinos
Not sure. I bought my Savage brand new and the Master Vol 2 LED never worked. Everything was flawless. When I sold it, buyer still payed full asking price knowing.

I would say its most likely okay, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah my feeling is that it's probably little more than the LED driver or the LED itself that's at fault but just want to make sure really in case it's a sign that one or more of the tubes are about to go bandy. Although that said, it sounds great... so go figure?!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Culler Amps
Matt Culler

It could be an issue with the LED itself or the supply to it.

As long as you don't see any loose wires near the switch, and all else seems normal, you should be fine.
Culler Amps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #5
NotTheMessiah30
UG Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culler Amps
It could be an issue with the LED itself or the supply to it.

As long as you don't see any loose wires near the switch, and all else seems normal, you should be fine.

Cool, I'll take a quick look at it tomorrow if I feel like it (got a stupid abscessed tooth atm), perhaps just the LED isn't even connected haha.

Rate This Thread: