User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #41
PaulyVengeance
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDeRox
^ lololol I want to learn to digitally paint. I need to color my lineart some day. Ive never been good at coloring ):

Eh, sometimes it's not about the painting. If your art looks cool without colour, there's no reason to try and force some in there.

What program do you use for your art?
PaulyVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #42
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF

Just photoshop elements :/ Found the copy around the house lol I always see lots of color in my head and I just wanna translate it but I need to figure out a good way to do it.

I enjoy seeing the digital paintings people do much more than line art usually. Some crazy good people out there.
DukeDeRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #43
PaulyVengeance
User

What's your general colouring like? Do you have any examples?

Like, what are you like with hues and shades, blending etc?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #44
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF

Honestly I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set the blending with the brush tool and like 90% of the settings. I was hopping my college would give us access for Photoshop CS__ and there'd be a class for this but so far there isn't.

I pick the colors I want then dab them on the side of the picture in a layer. I use the pin wheel to change the opacity and brush size while I fill in the lines on another layer.

By the end I end up having 4-5 layers. Background<Lines<Color layers.

I've been watching youtube vids and streams but their settings and software layouts are so different in each one. I'll pick it up as I go along hopefully haha I just started coloring.

My next thing to color is likely this:
Old 10-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #45
PaulyVengeance
User

Quote:

Honestly I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set the blending with the brush tool and like 90% of the settings. I was hopping my college would give us access for Photoshop CS__ and there'd be a class for this but so far there isn't.

I pick the colors I want then dab them on the side of the picture in a layer. I use the pin wheel to change the opacity and brush size while I fill in the lines on another layer.

By the end I end up having 4-5 layers. Background<Lines<Color layers.

I've been watching youtube vids and streams but their settings and software layouts are so different in each one. I'll pick it up as I go along hopefully haha I just started coloring.

My next thing to color is likely this:

Give this program a go: SAI

You'll also find that some colouring is easier if you use the airbrush setting for your brush. Pick the colour that you want to use for a certain part, lay down your base coat and then just keep adding overcoats of colour, changing the shade a little at a time until you get the desired effect.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #46
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF

Don't mind if I do! Thanks mister Pauly Do you use the pressure of the pen to change your opacity? Or adjust manually as you go?

EDIT- I guess just adding coats would have the same effect.

Last edited by DukeDeRox : 10-11-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #47
PaulyVengeance
User

Quote:
Don't mind if I do! Thanks mister Pauly Do you use the pressure of the pen to change your opacity? Or adjust manually as you go?

I use the tablets pressure settings to change the density/size of the brush, but if I'm overlaying certain things (like smoke, mist, fog etc), I put them on a different layer and adjust the opacity when I'm happy with the rest of the piece.

What tablet are you using?

Also, have a look at this:

show

It's one of my favourite pieces lol

Last edited by PaulyVengeance : 10-11-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #48
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF

Ohhh, I like the cartoony stuff Especially cause its simple and easy to work with! I honestly never use a background that isn't a simple sky lol Everything I've done is either a blue sky or night sky, never anything creative like ghostly flames :/ I'm lazy these days >.<
Edit- Wacom Intuos 4

Last edited by DukeDeRox : 10-11-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #49
PaulyVengeance
User

It's just a case of practise really. For example, most of the time my linework is fuck-awful, but I love colouring. I'm like a little kid who never grew out of colouring books :/

EDIT:1024 levels of pressure?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #50
Spykerwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
How do you art? That's easy. First you art school, then you attitude, then you ask if I want fries or onion rings.

LOL
Spykerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #51
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyVengeance
It's just a case of practise really. For example, most of the time my linework is fuck-awful, but I love colouring. I'm like a little kid who never grew out of colouring books :/

EDIT:1024 levels of pressure?

I always imagine such pretty things in my head. Then ruin them with my hands...
Old 10-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #52
PaulyVengeance
User

Quote:
I always imagine such pretty things in my head. Then ruin them with my hands...

Practice, practice and more practice

You have a more than decent tablet, you have the skills to use it for what you want. All you need to do is get comfortable putting them onto paper (digital paper >_>)
Old 10-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #53
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF

Lolololol "digital paper" like the OP, I've seen some Magic the Gathering cards and I shoot for that quality. Once I get there I'm 100% sure I'll be satisfied with my skills. Till then I'll keep wasting time and money on college and draw for like 30 min a day :/ In summer I had so much time to draw... but drank and played outside... ):

Rate This Thread: