Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
ocelot44

Bugera infinium problem

So I recently got a nice new Bugera 333XL Infinium. The amp sounds amazing, looks great and has the perfect tone for me. Here's the catch... With just the power switch on letting the valves warm up, everything is normal. As soon as I flick the standby switch on though, the LED's in the back on the infinium part flash on and off rapidly. It's not in sync with each other and it's only for a few seconds. The order is random and they flash quick. They only flash on and off 1 or 2 times each. So I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this? Is this something I should be concerned about? Is there something wrong with my amp? Just to be on the safe side I switched all 4 power valves out for TAD JJ EL34's but the lights still flash in the same manner. Does anyone know why this is? Any help or experience from other Infinium users would be greatly appreciated.
ocelot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
GaryBillington
Grumpier than normal.

If you've bought something that isn't working properly, the first thing to do is take it back to the shop. Put the original tubes back in it & don't tell the shop you tried changing them, it's likely to invalidate the warranty.
Laney VC30 210 + GS112VE cab
Jet City JCA22H
GaryBillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
Roc8995

Are you sure it's not supposed to do that to let you know that the monitoring system is working? The manual's not available online but that's what it sounds like to me.

Changing the tubes won't void the warranty. If it's not mentioned in the manual, though, give Bugera a call. No sense in messing with a new amp with a warranty.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
thetoneranger

do they flash on and off and then remain off? does the amp sound fine otherwise? If so its probably working as designed. They are their to monitor/test the tubes. One a tube goes bad the led for that position will light indicating which tube it is. I have that head to and it acts the same.
thetoneranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
ocelot44

See, I was thinking that maybe the LED's flash to show that it's adjusting each tube as the infinium technology claims it does constantly. I thought maybe it's something it does when first fully powering on. The issue with returning it to a shop is that I bought it online (thomann) so will be more of an issue. I've emailed them telling them the problem (not mentioning that i tried swapping tubes) and am waiting to hear back from them. I'm hoping it's nothing serious because I love how good the amp sounds.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
Roc8995

I think you're right. Blinking for a second and then turning off seems like a startup sequence to me, not an issue. Let us know what Bugera says.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
ocelot44

So a bit of an update... I wanted to check the problem again, as I get curious and I wanted to see if it had gotten better/worse after leaving it alone for a few hours. I flicked the power switch on and the valves didn't light up. They won't recieve power or heat/light up. So I sent ANOTHER email to Thomann saying I want a new amp or my money back. If I get another amp the same, then I shall post if this one does the same thing with the LED's or not. I'm pretty sure that won't be for a week or two at least though.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
Ultima117

Hey dude. Ive had my 6262 infinium for about 6 months now and not once has those leds flashed. I would definatly say those leds are indicating your tubes are bad. (my best guess). I would also actually just call up Bugera (behringer). And tell them you have those lights flashing. I used to have a 333xl non infinium (sold it to a bro to get the infinium head) and a power tube went bad so I called bugera and a week later I had a new set of power tubes.

Good luck with your amp and keep us updated (:
EVH Wah Pedal
EVH Wolfgang Special in vintage white
ESP LTD MH-1000 Deluxe in GREEN!!
PRS SE Mike Mushok Baritone w/emg 81,85
Ultima117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:29 AM   #9
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

broken bugera? the new ones? big surprise. hopefully its just an isolated incident.

Gibsons
USA Teles
Ibanez Prestiges
Wolfgangs

amps. lots.

5F1 parts on the way
finding a AVRI Strat
looking for an attenuator.
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #10
ocelot44

I emailed Bugera/Behringer the day that I posted this thread. I still haven't heard anything back. It wasn't my power tubes either, since I had a set of brand new TAD JJ EL34's and it was doing the exact same thing to those. Anyway, the amps gone back to the company today and I should hopefully have a new one in about a week or maybe a little more. I'll post another update once I recieve the new one.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
Ultima117

Good luck with the new one! (: I've had no problems....*knock on wood*......and in the future I would just behringer.....their email is iffy.
EVH Wah Pedal
Old 10-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #12
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Please keep us posted.

I'm keeping a log.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #13
darkwolf291
Hookers and Blow

So much for their quality control and their reliability issues being fixed....

Hope the new one works like it's supposed to TS

Pedalboard Thread Native: The Thrashaholic

Buy my Thrash Album for whatever price you want!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSimonR
It's modelling valve power amp output valves wearing out.

GG&A WTLT List
darkwolf291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #14
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwolf291
So much for their quality control and their reliability issues being fixed....

Hope the new one works like it's supposed to TS

Oh, just **** off....

Seriously, you know I love ya, but...yeah...lrn2statistics....
Old 10-16-2012, 04:49 AM   #15
darkwolf291
Hookers and Blow

lrn2troll

Pedalboard Thread Native: The Thrashaholic

Buy my Thrash Album for whatever price you want!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSimonR
It's modelling valve power amp output valves wearing out.

GG&A WTLT List
darkwolf291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #16
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwolf291
lrn2troll

My bad
Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #17
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

what statistics?

not that Thomann BS again?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #18
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311ZOSOVHJH
what statistics?

not that Thomann BS again?

The fact that one failure doesn't mean shit.

Or 2

Or 50

Or whatever, since it's only valid when compared to the number of units sold.

Consider that Bugera amps are generally purchased by those with limited experience and funds, and that more than a few of the 'problems' we see either aren't really problems or are problems that a more seasoned musician would sort out in short order.

The 'Bugera is a failure prone piece of shit' bandwagon might be fun to ride, but it's not driven by anything approaching reasonable data.

And I don't have a dog in this fight, since I don't own one, I just think it's a silly argument.

If I came across one at the right price, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #19
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
The fact that one failure doesn't mean shit.

Or 2

Or 50

Or whatever, since it's only valid when compared to the number of units sold.

Consider that Bugera amps are generally purchased by those with limited experience and funds, and that more than a few of the 'problems' we see either aren't really problems or are problems that a more seasoned musician would sort out in short order.

The 'Bugera is a failure prone piece of shit' bandwagon might be fun to ride, but it's not driven by anything approaching reasonable data.

And I don't have a dog in this fight, since I don't own one, I just think it's a silly argument.

If I came across one at the right price, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

I don't really have a dog in this fight either. My posts on this topic over the years should reflect that.

I used to condemn Bugera bashing and defend Bugera users here in GGnA.

I agree that they often end up in the hands of the inexperienced with lower budgets.

I was pretty happy with the 1990 I played AND the V22's I've played.

I know some people (including some on this site) that work in guitar stores that tell me the DOA's on Bugera's far exceed those of other amps.

My beef was never really with the people that bought Bugera amps or even Bugera for copying circuits for that matter.

My beef was with those that would come into threads claiming that all of Bugera's problems were behind them and that they've fixed all the issues.
That is when I started keeping a log of issues that popped up here in GGnA (which probably has a broader population of Bugera users than say other guitar forums).

Old 10-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #20
Ultima117

Hey 311: as you're doing your log could you keep note, if not already, what the problem is as well. I don't like to admit cause I love my bugera, but it does seem like more people complain with them "breaking down" than other brands; however I'd really like to know the amount that are legit like Arby said.
EVH Wah Pedal

Rate This Thread: