Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #21
CoreysMonster
Banned

How did they find out it was your twitter? Do you use your work email for social media and call yourself by your real name?

EDIT: also, why would you bitch about your workplace online? I mean, everybody complains about where they work from time to time, but I don't know anybody who goes online and says "Working for X company SUCKS!"

Last edited by CoreysMonster : 10-12-2012 at 05:36 PM.
CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #22
slapsymcdougal
Funyuns ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaulGuy514
"Hope it isn't busy tonight." "Screw work." "Yeah no managers up front tonight!"

Does that fall under the definition of "nasty ass shit, man."

So, you didn't actually identify the company you work for in the 'offending' tweets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Toshan
Quality polis, MacGregor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurfzone
you're winning this argument and i don't like it.
slapsymcdougal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #23
LesPaulGuy514
Actually likes Ibanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanitysDeath
They aren't 'nasty ass shit' but they are bad publicity/advertising, which is what they fired you for.

From the way you talk about them, I get the feeling that this is some large, corporate company where they see employees more as a numbers than people, ya?

Relatively large. Probably 80 stores throughout the Midwest.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #24
whywefight
pray I pray I pray

But he didn't really say anything bad about the company or the managers, he just posted generic 'screw work' stuff. I understand that last one being suspicious, however.

Quote:
Relatively large. Probably 80 stores throughout the Midwest.

Ehh, that's somewhat mid-level. Depending on what they sell, they could easily be in more trouble than you realize.

Last edited by whywefight : 10-12-2012 at 05:38 PM.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #25
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

I think it's stupid you were fired over that. It's a shame only the businesspeople and 'customers' are respected.
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #26
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
Yes, but surely they can't simply fire him without a written warning about conduct(unless it's something actually serious, and not just a manager's power trip)?

In many areas (at-will employment), he can be fired for any legal (excluding race, religion etc.) reason or no reason at all.

If I need to fire someone, I generally just tell them "Your services are no longer required", because I have no interest in getting in a 'why' pissing contest.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #27
LesPaulGuy514
Actually likes Ibanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
How did they find out it was your twitter? Do you use your work email for social media and call yourself by your real name?

EDIT: also, why would you bitch about your workplace online? I mean, everybody complains about where they work from time to time, but I don't know anybody who goes online and says "Working for X company SUCKS!"

I never said "OMG WORKING FER COMPANY X SUCKS." I made 3 generic work complaints throughout my 7 months on Twitter. And you must not know a lot of people because I see people who say it all the time. Not me though.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #28
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmen190
Sue them.
Seriously.
That's your private life.

Sorry, doesn't work that way. At both my jobs, the employment agreement basically stated that I wasn't allowed to post negative things about the establishments on social media. I wouldn't be surprised if TS signed the same sort of thing.

EDIT: Although getting fired over what TS posted is stupid. I've posted much worse things about my job.

Last edited by TheChaz : 10-12-2012 at 05:43 PM.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #29
CoreysMonster
Banned

Quote:
I never said "OMG WORKING FER COMPANY X SUCKS." I made 3 generic work complaints throughout my 7 months on Twitter. And you must not know a lot of people because I see people who say it all the time. Not me though.

I've never seen anybody complain about work. I've seen plenty of "Phew, finally work over!" or "Yay weekend, no work!", but never anybody explicitly complain about their job. Also, how did they find your Twitter? Don't you have that set to private?
Old 10-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #30
Obsceneairwaves
A'int no prohpet

Quote:
"Hope it isn't busy tonight." "Screw work." "Yeah no managers up front tonight!"

Does that fall under the definition of "nasty ass shit, man."

eehhh that's it?

I'm going to guess that they just needed to fire someone and you were up for the chopping block, But they needed a reason, So they pulled this shitty excuse out of their ass.

sucks man
Old 10-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #31
LesPaulGuy514
Actually likes Ibanez

Quote:
I've never seen anybody complain about work. I've seen plenty of "Phew, finally work over!" or "Yay weekend, no work!", but never anybody explicitly complain about their job. Also, how did they find your Twitter? Don't you have that set to private?

No I don't. Not my brightest move. That's so weird that you don't see people complain about work. I see it all the time. However I am in high school so maybe that changes the perspective.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #32
CoreysMonster
Banned

Quote:
No I don't. Not my brightest move. That's so weird that you don't see people complain about work. I see it all the time. However I am in high school so maybe that changes the perspective.

Ah, that's probably it.

I'm 23 and most of my friends are my age, we're almost or already done with uni and are working in the field we want to. Anybody who'd complain about their work would immediately be chastised for being a whiney bitch
Old 10-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #33
LesPaulGuy514
Actually likes Ibanez

Quote:
Ah, that's probably it.

I'm 23 and most of my friends are my age, we're almost or already done with uni and are working in the field we want to. Anybody who'd complain about their work would immediately be chastised for being a whiney bitch

Yeah, most of us don't check the "fast food" box on preferred fields.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #34
CoreysMonster
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, most of us don't check the "fast food" box on preferred fields.

If you were on my facebook and I saw you complain about your job, I'd still call you a whiney bitch, regardless of age or occupation

If you take a job, you do it the best you can. I mean, sure, everybody slacks off in their teens at work, I used to work at a shoe store and would sneak out behind the store to smoke and stuff, but be glad you have a job. Money is money and experience is experience. If you don't like a job, then don't work there. Don't whine and complain about it, either change it or shut it.

/old fogey giving advice
Old 10-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #35
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

Quote:
If you were on my facebook and I saw you complain about your job, I'd still call you a whiney bitch, regardless of age or occupation

If you take a job, you do it the best you can. I mean, sure, everybody slacks off in their teens at work, I used to work at a shoe store and would sneak out behind the store to smoke and stuff, but be glad you have a job. Money is money and experience is experience. If you don't like a job, then don't work there. Don't whine and complain about it, either change it or shut it.

/old fogey giving advice

lol
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #36
CoreysMonster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
lol

why lol?
Old 10-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #37