Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 10-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #41
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
 
N_J_B_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Australia
Waiting for Slacker's input patiently
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #42
CoreysMonster
Banned
 
CoreysMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambi_mantra
"your feelings on people criticising your religion mean fuck all "

is what i'd say to any religion, really. Islam is not an exception.
CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #43
adamgur96
Not caring no more
 
adamgur96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_J_B_B
Waiting for Slacker's input patiently


He will smack everyone here and humiliate us with hes intelligence
__________________
I put my sig in a spoiler because i view UG sigless anyway.
adamgur96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #44
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
 
Todd Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Hating Islam isn't racist, it's precautionary.
__________________
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #45
jambi_mantra
Is actually English
 
jambi_mantra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
is what i'd say to any religion, really. Islam is not an exception.



Why should religion have a seperate code of behaviour? Why would you care about anyone's feeling about anything of theirs you've criticised? I mean, screw it, I'm just gonna go round calling everyone a massive cunt because they're not me and no matter their response I'm just gonna go "la la la don't care because you're not me and my feelings are more important"
__________________

CHELSEA SAINTS REBELS DEVILS VIKINGS



Those who rule the sky, will conquer the Earth
Are you sick of heels? No? Where's your head at? Maybe it's some place new? Merry Christmas everyone
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #46
Obsceneairwaves
A Ph.D in horribleness
 
Obsceneairwaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Perth, Australia Bringing back 'word'
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgur96
I understand what you mean, but i don't think there's anything wrong with saying what he said.

Organised religion has the power to destroy humanity's future, so we should be able to criticize it.



I'm not saying criticism is bad. I'd even encourage it.

But putting yourself above anyone who believes a certain religion and saying that their right to exist is stupid. Makes me ****ing sick.
__________________
It's over simplified, So what!
context is irrelevant
Obsceneairwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #47
adamgur96
Not caring no more
 
adamgur96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsceneairwaves
I'm not saying criticism is bad. I'd even encourage it.

But putting yourself above anyone who believes a certain religion and saying that their right to exist is stupid. Makes me ****ing sick.


Well yeah, but it's a fact that Islamic terrorism is pretty much happening.

And he didn't really put himself above Islam, he said that it's fucked up....

Meh this thread
__________________
I put my sig in a spoiler because i view UG sigless anyway.
adamgur96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #48
CoreysMonster
Banned
 
CoreysMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambi_mantra
Why should religion have a seperate code of behaviour? Why would you care about anyone's feeling about anything of theirs you've criticised? I mean, screw it, I'm just gonna go round calling everyone a massive cunt because they're not me and no matter their response I'm just gonna go "la la la don't care because you're not me and my feelings are more important"

Last time I checked, no religion in the Western world has been free from criticism or ridicule - except Islam, out of fear from terrorism regarding depiction of Muhammed. I think that is what he's getting at: Muslims cannot expect their religion to be treated any better than the other religions that the western world makes fun of on a regular basis. The fact that extremists of Islam retaliate to ridicule with acts of violence and terrorism only supports the claims of people that say Islam is a religion of violence, and I know for a fact that normal Muslims are infuriated by the way these violent assholes are acting in the name of their religion.

We need to be able to make fun of Muhammed the same way we make fun of Jesus, God or Buddha.

To illustrate my point, I have created a drawing of Muhammed:

CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #49
Obsceneairwaves
A Ph.D in horribleness
 
Obsceneairwaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Perth, Australia Bringing back 'word'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgery
your point

what the **** was it



anyone with parents who are followers of Judaism or have parents who have converted when you were born. You are considered jewish.

Even if you claim atheism or separate religion, You are still jewish(according to jewish law).



That's what I was talking about.

Islam is not generally considered to be the same. but from what I've seen, extremists seem to feel that Islamic faith is far past religion, and faith. it's not a decision.

It was a farcry attempt to show what I meant... but that's what I was saying.
__________________
It's over simplified, So what!
context is irrelevant
Obsceneairwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #50
hansome21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
Last time I checked, no religion in the Western world has been free from criticism or ridicule - except Islam, out of fear from terrorism regarding depiction of Muhammed. I think that is what he's getting at: Muslims cannot expect their religion to be treated any better than the other religions that the western world makes fun of on a regular basis. The fact that extremists of Islam retaliate to ridicule with acts of violence and terrorism only supports the claims of people that say Islam is a religion of violence, and I know for a fact that normal Muslims are infuriated by the way these violent assholes are acting in the name of their religion.

We need to be able to make fun of Muhammed the same way we make fun of Jesus, God or Buddha.

To illustrate my point, I have created a drawing of Muhammed:



This man for president. Seriously, everything this guy says in this video is correct. Muslims do think they have a right to be offended but it's ok to trash everyone else. Either it's all ok or none of it is. Freedom
hansome21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #51
jambi_mantra
Is actually English
 
jambi_mantra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
Last time I checked, no religion in the Western world has been free from criticism or ridicule - except Islam, out of fear from terrorism regarding depiction of Muhammed. I think that is what he's getting at: Muslims cannot expect their religion to be treated any better than the other religions that the western world makes fun of on a regular basis. The fact that extremists of Islam retaliate to ridicule with acts of violence and terrorism only supports the claims of people that say Islam is a religion of violence, and I know for a fact that normal Muslims are infuriated by the way these violent assholes are acting in the name of their religion.

We need to be able to make fun of Muhammed the same way we make fun of Jesus, God or Buddha.

To illustrate my point, I have created a drawing of Muhammed:


I don't deny that any one (not just the 'West') should be able to talk/criticise it like anything else. But the idea, and this is basically what the guy said, that it should be done with no regard to offence caused purely on the basis of me>them is just, well the guy's a massive wanker and any one who believes that's something to base life on is too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansome21
This man for president. Seriously, everything this guy says in this video is correct. Muslims do think they have a right to be offended but it's ok to trash everyone else. Either it's all ok or none of it is. Freedom



When was the last time you heard an Islamic magazine draw slanderous pics of Jesus?
__________________

CHELSEA SAINTS REBELS DEVILS VIKINGS



Those who rule the sky, will conquer the Earth
Are you sick of heels? No? Where's your head at? Maybe it's some place new? Merry Christmas everyone

Last edited by jambi_mantra : 10-12-2012 at 08:23 PM.
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #52
CoreysMonster
Banned
 
CoreysMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansome21
This man for president. Seriously, everything this guy says in this video is correct. Muslims do think they have a right to be offended but it's ok to trash everyone else. Either it's all ok or none of it is. Freedom

SOME Muslims. Choose your words more wisely, most Muslims are perfectly okay with people making fun of Muhammed or Islam, they want to practice their religion in peace just like anybody else. It's the extremists, just like in any religion, that are violent and intolerant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambi_mantra
I don't deny that any one (not just the 'West') should be able to talk/criticise it like anything else. But the idea, and this is basically what the guy said, that it should be done with no regard to offence caused purely on the basis of me>them is just, well the guy's a massive wanker and any one who believes that's something to base life on is too.

This I agree with, I misunderstood you before.

Last edited by CoreysMonster : 10-12-2012 at 08:24 PM.
CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #53
hansome21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambi_mantra
I don't deny that any one (not just the 'West') should be able to talk/criticise it like anything else. But the idea, and this is basically what the guy said, that it should be done with no regard to offence caused purely on the basis of me>them is just, well the guy's a massive wanker and any one who believes that's something to base life on is too.




When was the last time you heard an Islamic magazine draw slanderous pics of Jesus?



Are you kidding me? Read up kiddo, not only do they slam Jews in magazines and newspapers, they put them in children's cartoons as monsters with huge noses and curly hair that eats bad muslim children. They don't make fun of jesus because he is spoken of in the koran, they just think he was a prophet, not the son of god.

Reading is good.
hansome21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #54
adamgur96
Not caring no more
 
adamgur96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsceneairwaves
anyone with parents who are followers of Judaism or have parents who have converted when you were born. You are considered jewish.

Even if you claim atheism or separate religion, You are still jewish(according to jewish law).



That's what I was talking about.

Islam is not generally considered to be the same. but from what I've seen, extremists seem to feel that Islamic faith is far past religion, and faith. it's not a decision.

It was a farcry attempt to show what I meant... but that's what I was saying.


Well, then by "jewish law" i'm jewish.
Even though i'm an atheist, i'm considered to be jewish in Israel.
And i think it's just stupid.

You know in Israel there's a 'rumor' that Hitler's mom was jewish, and because of that Hitler was jewish.
And that's just so fucking ******ed!!!
Judaism is just a faith, just like Islam, just like Christianity.

It's not a race, it's not in your genes, it's a fucking religion.
__________________
I put my sig in a spoiler because i view UG sigless anyway.
adamgur96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #55
jambi_mantra
Is actually English
 
jambi_mantra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster

This I agree with, I misunderstood you before.





Quote:
Originally Posted by hansome21
Are you kidding me? Read up kiddo, not only do they slam Jews in magazines and newspapers, they put them in children's cartoons as monsters with huge noses and curly hair that eats bad muslim children. They don't make fun of jesus because he is spoken of in the koran, they just think he was a prophet, not the son of god.

Reading is good.


Can you inform me if there was a Jewish backlash against this actions?


And don't be a patronising git, given I'm studying the establishment of Islam at uni I'm aware of their historical relationships with other religions
__________________

CHELSEA SAINTS REBELS DEVILS VIKINGS



Those who rule the sky, will conquer the Earth
Are you sick of heels? No? Where's your head at? Maybe it's some place new? Merry Christmas everyone
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #56
CoreysMonster
Banned
 
CoreysMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgur96
Hitler was jewish.

I'm pretty sure it's been proven that Hitler was Jewish to some closer degree.
CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #57
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
 
rockingamer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Rainy Northwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsceneairwaves
anyone with parents who are followers of Judaism or have parents who have converted when you were born. You are considered jewish.

Even if you claim atheism or separate religion, You are still jewish(according to jewish law).



That's what I was talking about.

Islam is not generally considered to be the same. but from what I've seen, extremists seem to feel that Islamic faith is far past religion, and faith. it's not a decision.

It was a farcry attempt to show what I meant... but that's what I was saying.

You can be Jewish by culture/ethnicity/whatever, yes, but the religion is fair game. You don't choose to be a Jew but you can choose to believe in Judaism.
__________________
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity."

MUSIC THEORY LINK

SteamID: CarrionComfort
rockingamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #58
Obsceneairwaves
A Ph.D in horribleness
 
Obsceneairwaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Perth, Australia Bringing back 'word'
I'm noticing you guys are intelligent enough to think he is talking about the extremist Muslims, Because that's what any rational person would do.

But I think you'll find, he's not. He's talking about every single person who follows the Islamic religion.


At times it seems like talking exclusively about the extremists, But he never uses that term, or even hints to the idea that he doesn't mean the entire religion. he keeps using terms like "that religion".
__________________
It's over simplified, So what!
context is irrelevant
Obsceneairwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #59
adamgur96
Not caring no more
 
adamgur96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
I'm pretty sure it's been proven that Hitler was Jewish to some closer degree.


Stop taking me out of context!
__________________
I put my sig in a spoiler because i view UG sigless anyway.

Last edited by adamgur96 : 10-12-2012 at 08:34 PM.
adamgur96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #60
CoreysMonster
Banned
 
CoreysMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsceneairwaves
I'm noticing you guys are intelligent enough to think he is talking about the extremist Muslims, Because that's what any rational person would do.

But I think you'll find, he's not. He's talking about every single person who follows the Islamic religion.


At times it seems like talking exclusively about the extremists, But he never uses that term, or even hints to the idea that he doesn't mean the entire religion. he keeps using terms like "that religion".

I dont think he actually believes that every single muslim is an extremist, he's just using hyperboly to drive his point home. At least, that's my personal interpretation, I could also be wrong. He might actually hate all muslims everywhere, I dunno. Maybe you could ask him what exactly he means when he says "that religion"?
CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.