Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
KorYi
n00b

JTV-59 - yay or nay?

Getting my HD500 (hopefully) soon, I got really into the whole variax thing. I'm blown away by the possibilities of it. On the other hand, I was also blown away by the ridiculous amount of people having various troubles with their JTVs. It seems like most of the problems are with the JTV-69s rather than the 59, but it still sounds really annoying, especially for a ~$2000 (local retail price) guitar.

What's UG's opinion on the JTV line? Is it worth the trouble? Any JTV-59 owners/users around?

As an possible alternative, I've kinda fallen in love with the eastwood airline 3p dlx (but have no way of trying it out -.-) or some gibson LP or possibly some gretsch solid body.

tl;dr: see title
KorYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
JoeFlips
✯✯✯

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorYi
As an possible alternative, I've kinda fallen in love with the eastwood airline 3p dlx (but have no way of trying it out -.-) or some gibson LP or possibly some gretsch solid body.

If the JTV doesn't work out (can't help you there), The airline is amazing. I have one and it is great. It feels amazing, better than my gibson SG, which I thought was the best playing guitar I have. And what you get for the price is ridiculous. I did a review on UG recently. Solid guitar, I recommend it.
Victoria MIJ 60's Electric Guitar
Martin DCX1E
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18
Bunch of Pedals
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
JoeFlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
KorYi
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFlips
If the JTV doesn't work out (can't help you there), The airline is amazing. I have one and it is great. It feels amazing, better than my gibson SG, which I thought was the best playing guitar I have. And what you get for the price is ridiculous. I did a review on UG recently. Solid guitar, I recommend it.

I read your review ^^ In fact, the UG reviews were what brought me to the idea of getting an Airline. I'm quite a Jack White fan and until recently, I had no idea they still made those. Also the price's really nice and I have quite a fetish for HHH setup with bigsby ><

I am actually inclining more and more to the Airline option rather than the JTV. Just little bit annoyed by the 20 frets, but i think i could live with that.

edit:typos

Last edited by KorYi : 10-13-2012 at 05:15 PM.
KorYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
JoeFlips
✯✯✯

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorYi
I read your review ^^ In fact, the UG reviews were what brought me to the idea of getting an Airline. I'm quite a Jack White fan and until recently, I had no idea they still made those. Also the price's really nice and I have quite a fetish for HHH setup with bigsby ><

I am actually inclining more and more to the Airline option rather than the JTV. Just little bit annoyed by the 20 frets, but i think i could live with that.

edit:typos

Yeah, this guitar actually got me into the White Stripes 20 frets is only annoying occasionally, and recently I've been playing my own stuff, which means I rarely have to venture farther than the 17th fret. Sometimes you can shift how you play a song to play it on higher strings. Nice cleans, but sounds best with a solid amount of fuzz/gain.
Victoria MIJ 60's Electric Guitar
Martin DCX1E
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18
Bunch of Pedals
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
JoeFlips is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: