Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 10-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Slayer127
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Born Of Lies (Melodic Death Metal with vocals) C4C

Its just a demo so far, so the mix isnt great, the vocals could be recorded better and the tone and such isnt perfect.

Let me know what you think and what to improve for the finished version:

http://soundcloud.com/j-cub-1/born-...s-melodic-death

Thanks!

Last edited by Slayer127 : 10-13-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Slayer127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
Jready
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Maybe look into lowering the vocal's volume. Maybe it's just me, but I think that the vocals really absorb some of the guitar. It would probably be best to get all instruments at about equal volume.

Otherwise it was good and I liked it and I would galdly rate it seven asses.
Jready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #3
Slayer127
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jready
Maybe look into lowering the vocal's volume. Maybe it's just me, but I think that the vocals really absorb some of the guitar. It would probably be best to get all instruments at about equal volume.

Otherwise it was good and I liked it and I would galdly rate it seven asses.


Oh ok, thanks.
Slayer127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:36 AM   #4
BloodReverence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
You gotta work on your screams a lot. Go to the Screaming/Growling portion of the thread and try to learn as much as possible. As for production, ease up on the reverb, there's too much.

The guitar and stuff is decent though.
BloodReverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
fc89konkari
UG Addict
 
fc89konkari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Finland
Yeah definitely take the vocals down a little, and lessen the reverb. The solo guitar could've however been a bit more on top of the mix. Drums sounded killer to me. Guitars were pretty good too.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1566724

All crits appreciated!
-Jonathan
__________________
My music sucks, don't listen to it.
Note: this is not reverse psychology.

http://soundcloud.com/joneh
My Youtube channel: /JoonatanH96
fc89konkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
Slayer127
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodReverence
You gotta work on your screams a lot. Go to the Screaming/Growling portion of the thread and try to learn as much as possible. As for production, ease up on the reverb, there's too much.

The guitar and stuff is decent though.


There is only reverb on the vocals... but ok.
Slayer127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
BloodReverence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
i did mean the reverb on the vocals, it's actually blocking out everything else and makes the vocals sound like they're in a tunnel
BloodReverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #8
Slayer127
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodReverence
i did mean the reverb on the vocals, it's actually blocking out everything else and makes the vocals sound like they're in a tunnel


what should i do to improve my screams? ive checked out the threat but i dont know specifically what im doing wrong.
Slayer127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
BloodReverence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Post the song in the thread and the guys there will give you advice. Mostly, the problem I hear is lack of diaphragm usage and an improper filter for the scream, but they'll give you a more detailed explanation.
BloodReverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.