Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Classifieds > Gear Ads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it

UK massive clearout: JCM2000 head, various guitars, Squier bass & various pedals

I know this is a very big post, but please read item descriptions and collection/payment details carefully.
No trades and no time wasters.
Please keep all responses/offers/interest in this thread so it's easy for people to see what's been snapped up.

I'm cutting back on music and also moving, so I have to downsize my collection and get rid of a lot of gear. Not only that but I'm moving sooner than anticipated. What this means for all of you is some nice pieces at ridiculous bargain prices, because they've got to go quick and I'd rather sell cheaply to a fellow U-Ger than some random on eBay.

All items come from a smoke-free home. All guitars are right-handed.

Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100 head
Made some time in the early-mid 2000s.
I have only used it for two small gigs.
Previous owner gigged it fairly heavily and also marked on with green pen what their settings were - I have not been able to remove these marks. Generally they caused medium cosmetic damage.
Using the effects loop creates excessive noise, rendering it unusable. The reverb was disconnected some time ago as well. I've been told both of these could be fixed by Marshall or any good amp tech, but they're things I never use anyway so I haven't bothered.
The loop, reverb and cosmetic damage is reflected in the price.
The actual tone of the amp is fantastic with both channels and all tone controls working as they should. New (less than two months old) set of JJ power amp and pre amp valves have been professionally fitted. I'll be sad to see it go but I'm simply never again going to have a chance to crank a 100 watt valve head like it deserves.
Includes channel select footswitch. Does not include cover, power or speaker cab cables (or speaker cab!).
Price: 175

Fender Super Champ XD combo
Bought some 4 or 5 years ago. This is the first version of the XD, not the X2.
15w hybrid practice amp. Valve pre amp and valve power amp with some digital & solid state effects & modelling to expand the second channel.
Never gigged (it's loud but a full drum kit will just overpower it). Light home use only, probably less than 30 hours total.
Fully working and no cosmetic damage other than dust it has collected sitting in the corner of the room.
No footswitch or cover. Does include power cable.
Price: 90

ESP LTD H-1001
Made in Korea in late 2009.
This one has a gloss black finish (usual LTD abalone binding), compensated nut for better intonation, tune-o-matic/string-thru bridge and EMG 81/85 pickups.
Very light play wear; some small scratches on the back and a couple of pick scratches on the top of the pickups. Only gigged three times in its life.
Currently has .010 strings tuned to D Standard with medium-low action. You're going too want to restring and set it up properly. Battery is relatively fresh.
Black Schaller straplocks fitted. I do not have the original non-lock strap buttons.
No case.
Price: 200

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra-II
Made in Korea in 2010.
This is the second generation Ultra with the extra acoustic pickup. Very rare to find Korean-made versions of these, most were made in China.
Black quilt maple finish with gold hardware (gloss body finish, satin neck finish), showing only minimal signs of use on the bridge saddles and a couple of light scratches on the back. Kept totally stock and in full working order - virtually mint.
Currently has .010s in E Standard with low action. The acoustic pickup is very sensitive so you may want to raise the action if you have a heavy picking style. Battery for the acoustic pickup is at about 60% power.
Never gigged, barely even used at home.
No case.
Price: 175

Charvel San Dimas Style 2
Made in USA in I think 2008.
This is the 'super-Tele' style one, not the super-Strat version.
Gloss black body finish, black hardware, all-maple neck with an oil finish (feels raw).
Kept totally stock and is in near-mint condition (only gigged once), except my rushed and poor restringing!
Seymour Duncan JB & '59 humbuckers and a non-floating Floyd Rose. This means it can not pull up/raise pitch, only dive. Please be aware of this because I know it's a big deal to some people.
No case.
Price: 200

ESP LTD SA-2 Richie Sambroa signature
Made in China in I-don't-know-what-year.
Bought because I love Bon Jovi, but I have no actual need for a floating Floyd Rose so it's virtually unplayed, just a few light scratches here and there.
Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz humbuckers installed. Because the JB is the Trembucker model, a new mounting ring had to be installed too (previous screw holes properly filled & re-drilled). Pickups were installed out of phase with each other to get the Peter Green/Joe Perry tone in the middle (both pickups) position (as heard on the verses of 'Bad Medicine'). It is very easy to switch the pickups back to normal wiring if you don't want this. The uncommon wiring is reflected in the price.
Everything working properly - Floyd keeps tune perfectly - but it needs restringing. Plays well with medium action.
Schaller straplocks fitted.
No case.
Price: 90 (barely more than the pickups alone are worth!)

Squier Vintage Modified 70s J-bass
Don't know when it was made, picked it up in a pawn shop.
Bear in mind this is the all-maple version (including the body)
Previous owner evidently disconnected the tone control. Very easy to fix, I've just never bothered because I never use tone controls anyway.
Quite a few scratches and a few small dings in the finish here and there.
Needs a set up and new strings.
Includes Gator hard case in slightly rough cosmetic condition (but utterly secure and the insides are 100% fine).
Price: 80

Note on all pedals: no power supplies included and the batteries in most of them are dead.

ISP Decimator noise reduction pedal
Bought earlier this year.
Never used as I was given a Boss noise reduction pedal as well (see below!) and I didn't need two noise pedals. Most people prefer the ISP but I stuck with the Boss simply because I mostly use Boss pedals anyway.
Note this is the normal Decimator stompbox, not the Decimator G String.
Includes box.
Price: 25

EHX Neo Clone chorus pedal
Bought earlier this year and only gigged once as I simply found I desired a less traditional chorus sound.
Great for the classic Nirvana and The Cure style chorus effects though.
Note this is the smaller Neo Clone design and like all EHX pedals, it can't run off batteries.
No box.
Price: 15

Boss CS-3 compressor/sustainer
Never gigged. Nice pedal, just never had room for it on my board.
Includes box.
Price: 20

Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
Gigged a little bit, but looks and performs as-new.
Not to be confused with the DS-1 Distortion pedal.
Includes box.

Boss NS-2 noise supressor
Basically as-new.
Includes box.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Mint.
No box.

Boss GE-7 EQ
Used a lot over the last couple of years but it shows no signs of wear and works perfectly
No box.

Boss DD-7 Delay
'Reverse' delay option has glitched and won't work with less than three repeats with at least a 250ms delay. All other modes work 100% perfectly.
No box.

Boss BCB-60 pedal board/carry case
Only taken to a couple of gigs.
Suitcase-style heavy duty pedalboard. Intended for holding and supplying power to 6 Boss stompbox pedals, but the foam inserts which hold pedals in place can be easily cut to accept larger/different shaped pedals.
The only restriction is most wah, volume and other long 'expression' pedals won't fit, although Boss' own wah pedal will fit in the far right slot.
Includes all power supply cables and patch cables.
Price: 30

Collection and payment
No trades. Cash or cheque only (cash preferred for anything under 50, cheque preferred for anything over 150).
If you're buying multiple items and/or can pick things up very quickly then I might offer a small discount. No haggling - I'm already pricing everything stupidly low anyway!
No refunds, trial time, etc. I realise this isn't ideal for you as a buyer, but I am not in a position to wait around while you decide if you like something or not. It's very easy to find reviews and demos of all these things online if you're unsure about what you're buying.
You can not try items out extensively. I simply can't be having people turning up and doing an extended jam session only to then not buy anything. I am happy to plug any items in and play them briefly to demonstrate they are working, but that's it - this isn't a guitar shop, I'm moving soon and I need to know you are commited to buying the items before you come around.
Collection only as with the mess of moving I really can't start trying to find boxes large enough to post guitars and amps. If you can work out your own delivery then that's fine, but I can't supply boxes or padding and I can not bring the items anywhere or meet you halfway or anything. If you arrange your own delivery I will have to ask for payment in advance.
I live in Bath in the south-west of England. I am about 10 minutes by car from Bath train station, but it's up a big hill so do not attempt to carry these things off by foot or on the bus or anything. If you are buying an amp or more than one guitar then you will definitely need a car or at the least a taxi.

I shall be away between October 26th-29th. During this time I will not be able to reply to interest. If you can come and pick stuff up before then that will be much appreciated and I will be more inclined to offer a mass-purchase discount!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
MickAlmighty
UGs ONLY Human-Raccoon

If you can ship the NS2, then I'll take it off you

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
MickAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:36 AM   #3
MrFlibble

I happen to be nipping down the post office today anyway so I'll check out what it'll cost to post along and I'll see if I can rustle up a suitable box for it to be sent in, but I can't promise anything. If it's a pain in the arse then I'd rather leave it open for someone else to pick up. Speed and low effort is key here
Old 10-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #4
MickAlmighty
UGs ONLY Human-Raccoon

Haha, fair play. It's only a couple of quid to send a pedal, I know that much.

I think so...
Old 10-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
jonthorsigmunds

Can you ship to Iceland? I could split the cost if it is expensive
jonthorsigmunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
MrFlibble

Can't ship it Iceland, that's way too much of a headache to figure out.

For the pedal, yeah I checked out and it's pretty cheap so that's not a problem, but I still can't find a box it can actually be sent in. The pedal's own box is hardly secure. I'll keep looking, there's loads of random boxes around here at the moment, and I'll buzz you if I find a suitable one and can post it along. For the sake of time though, in the meantime I'm going to leave it open to offers from anyone who can collect, I'm sure you understand.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:07 AM   #7
MickAlmighty
UGs ONLY Human-Raccoon

Yeah that's fine pal. If you find something, then I'll take it off you

I think so...
Old 10-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #8
Glenn Guitar

I might know someone who's interested in the DSL and possibly the Charvel, the only problem is we're in Kent, the other side of the country
Generic Boss DD-3
Blackstar Ht-1
and an old Beaten up dunlop Mr.Crybaby.

http://www.facebook.com/CarelessRumour
Glenn Guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
stueey

Can I can the ISP off your hands? And give you the money for p&p?
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
Korg Pitch Black, MXR Carbon Copy.
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
stueey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
vacant_pistol
Nose Picker

Would you consider a swap on the DSL?

Nevermind.........
vacant_pistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #11
MrFlibble

Nope, no trades. I wouldn't be doing any of this if I didn't need to scale down my collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stueey
Can I can the ISP off your hands? And give you the money for p&p?

Since I'm looking for postable boxes anyway, I'll see if I can rustle up something and if a second box can be found then yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Guitar
I might know someone who's interested in the DSL and possibly the Charvel, the only problem is we're in Kent, the other side of the country
As it so happens my best friend is in Kent and my brother happens to be getting married somewhere out there soonish too, not exactly ideal but perhaps if nobody else takes 'em in the meantime, some sort of gear-flogging road trip can be arranged
Old 10-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #12
NegiTom
Banned

I would love to take that JCM 2000 off your hands mate. Do you want to drop me an e-mail at tom.-smith@hotmail.co.uk (I would have PM'ed you but the messaging system on here is just plain poor) and we can start working it out?
NegiTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #13
MrFlibble

I want to keep things in this thread until a sale is agreed, so other people can easily see what's going/gone. If you can match what I'm asking and collect, I can email you and we'll sort out dates and times. If you wanna work something else out then keep it in here, thanks.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #14
NegiTom
Banned

Fair enough, I was mainly doing it so that pictures were easier to send. Would you post a few pictures of the head and the squirt bass? I would also want to be doing it is courier, but would be able to do it all from my end so that all you have to do is hand them to the dude.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #15
MrFlibble

Good news, pedal people! I've found two (and only two - sorry, anybody else) boxes that I can post pedals in. So, MickAlmighty and stueey, if you're interested in the NS2 and ISP still, you can either leave me a PM here (not recommended since U-G's PM system is shite!) or e-mail me (ihatethisform AT gmail.com) and we can work things out. Heads up, I'd prefer you pay by direct bank transfer since it's quickest, or Paypal or a cheque will do but obviously they're slower. Your choice, but bank transfer is my preferred method. Hit me up and we'll work it out. I've been screwed by non-payers before so I'll have to insist on payment up front, but I'll get everything ready now so they're good to go the second the money's come in.

Photos are easy enough for me to post in here, just didn't do it in the OP becase it was already too large. Please excuse the less-than-studio-quality photos, I've got everything crammed in the spare room.

So, here's the head:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/IMG_1669b.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/IMG_1673b.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/IMG_1672b.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/IMG_1671b.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/IMG_1675b.jpg

As I said before, the last owner (possibly owners) didn't treat it too well (note the oh-so-metal EQ settings), but as long as I've had it it's mostly just been sat collecting dust. As good as it sounds I'm a sucker for my solid state. But anyway, hence the condition.

And the bass, which unfortunately is a pain in the arse to photograph because gloss finish and flash do not play well together:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/IMG_1678b.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/IMG_1681b.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/IMG_1684b.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/IMG_1685b.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/IMG_1687b.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/IMG_1688b.jpg

Similar story as the Marshall, last owner must have rocked it hard but I've only used it for home recording and as a back-up (never actually gigged by me), so it's got a fair number of surface dings and scratches and the tone control has been disconnected as I said, but beyond that it's all good.

If you're still interested, leave a reply here first so people can see one/both are gone then e-mail me at the above address.

Guys, if you send me any e-mails write 'Dtoid' in the subject line or anywhere in the body of the e-mail, since Gmail is very keen to mark everything as spam and 'Dtoid' is my easiest never-delete filter.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #16
NegiTom
Banned

Thank you for the pictures! I am still vey interested in both the head and bass. Would we be able to work out a deal if I bought the two off of you, covered postage and all of that end?
Old 10-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #17
NegiTom
Banned

Just had a quick re-read of the thread and saw "no haggling" so I retract askin to make a deal as you prices are already a damn good deal. I would imagine a courier wouldn't mind accepting the Squier in the hardcase as long as you slap an address on it, however if you find any boxes at all for the head I would be very grateful as it saves me finding a courier who doesn't mind it being u packaged (and won't chuck it around). I would actually be willing to post you a nice big box that could be used to post it, filled with bubble wrap and stuff of that would help?
Old 10-21-2012, 03:57 AM   #18
MrFlibble

If you can do that then it's fine by me. I just simply do not have the time or energy to try to find amp-size boxes myself at the moment. The heads's official dimensions are 75x30x22cm and it weighs about 20kg. God know what the bass weighs, I think the case is about 120x40x20cm. If you can find stuff to pack those up and can arrange it, they're yours.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:02 AM   #19
MickAlmighty
UGs ONLY Human-Raccoon

Hey buddy. I get paid on Friday, so I'll take the NS2 of you then if that's cool?

If you wanna PM me a mobile number or something and I'll drop you a text?

I think so...
Old 10-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #20
minieme007

Hey, how much could you do the Boss Delay for with shipping to Australia? I'd love to have it!
minieme007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: