Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Classifieds > Gear Ads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #21
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it

Can't ship to Australia. That's a hundred headaches too many.

Mick, I've PMd you my number, though be aware that I'm away from Friday (technically Thursday night) until Monday morning. I'll have my phone with me o'course but I won't be able to post things off until I get back, so don't be in a rush to pay me the very first second you can.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #22
BlackIce87

Any chance you could ship some of those pedals to the states?
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
BlackIce87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #23
NegiTom

Okay well if you like I could paypal you the money for the head itself and the bass, so that they're secured, and then I'll figure out a way to get it posted. It is likely there's a "man with a van" who wouldn't mind just driving it across from Bath to Cambridge. As for the bass, would you mind putting it in the harcase, putting some tape around it a bit just to shut the courier up, and doing it that way?
NegiTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #24
MrFlibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce87
Any chance you could ship some of those pedals to the states?

Nope. As I've said, posting around the UK is already too much of a pain to bother with other than a couple of pedals and buyer-arranged couriering, let alone other countries.

I really want to stress this, people:
NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING. BUYER COLLECTION OR UK BUYER-ARRANGED POSTAGE ONLY.

The two pedals so far will be the only exceptions because it's pure luck I found boxes they can be sent in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegiTom
Okay well if you like I could paypal you the money for the head itself and the bass, so that they're secured, and then I'll figure out a way to get it posted. It is likely there's a "man with a van" who wouldn't mind just driving it across from Bath to Cambridge. As for the bass, would you mind putting it in the harcase, putting some tape around it a bit just to shut the courier up, and doing it that way?

Sounds fine to me. Just be aware that if you do a dodgy deal with 'some guy with a van' and he doesn't treat 'em right, I won't be held responsible. It's on you to arrange secure delivery. For my part, I'm happy to tape stuff up, stick bubblewrap around things, etc. I wouldn't send anything off just rattling around loose in the back of an old Ford Transit. I just do not have the patience to arrange couriers and find boxes and so on.
I would feel more comfortable only accepting money from you once you know you can get delivery sorted out. If you're absolutely commited to buying them then I'm happy to say they're sold for now, just get back to me once you've got some method of collection/delivery arranged. If you need my address to do so, e-mail or PM me.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #25
MickAlmighty
UGs ONLY Human-Raccoon

Ok, no worries buddy.

I don't get paid until Friday anyway. So consider I'll give you a text when i've got the cash and we can sort it all out from there

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
MickAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #26
JayCartay

Hi, I'd really like the DD-7 posted (Leeds). I also get paid Friday but will 100% take it. If you can PM me your details that would be great
JayCartay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #27
MickAlmighty
UGs ONLY Human-Raccoon

Getting paid on Friday FTW!!!

You don't work at Tesco as well do you??? Haha

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
MickAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #28
Fisheth24
Lord Of The Dark Things.

Would you be able to post any of the pedals?

Or is that too much to ask for?

Cheers.
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez RG7321
Gibson Faded V
Schecter Blaxjack ATX V-1
Vintage Musicman Bass copy
Fisheth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #29
MrFlibble

I'm out of boxes now I'm afraid. I had two and only two and they're now both accounted for. No more posting anything, sorry people.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:20 AM   #30
NegiTom

Okay mate that all sounds very reasonable. If you don't mind wrapping some bubble wrap around the neck of the Squier, and if you find a spare minute, wrap some paper around it a bit, if not, no worries. We should be able to get that out of the way within the week. I'll search around for a box to use for the head/a courier to use. Give me a week (if you don't mind) to sort out a courier for the head, if I can't find anything I'll let you know so not to waste your time. What days are you available to hand over the bass to the courier within the next 7 days?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:58 AM   #31
MrFlibble

As I've said, I'm away over the weekend (26th-29th) so any day before Friday or from a week this Tuesday. There will be someone else here over those days who could hand stuff over, but I can't say exactly when they'll be about and I can't really ask them to stay in all day every day on the off-chance that someone turns up.
If I know a precise time someone will turn up then I can ask them to handle it while I'm out but otherwise it'd be better to do it on a day that I'll be there.

I can certainly wrap the bass up a little (though the case itself fits very snuggly), I'll try and wrap the case in something but I make no promises, dunno what I've got that'll cover it all. I think I can probably dig up a couple of sheets of bubblewrap for the head too but again I don't rightly know, I'll start looking now but it would be a good idea to send as much packing as you can.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:34 AM   #32
MrFlibble

Update for anyone who might be interested in purchasing one of the guitars: In my searching for other boxes I've found an old guitar shipping box. Y'know, one of the triangular card things. So, if need be I do have the ability to post one (1) guitar within the UK. For obvious reasons it'll cost more to have stuff posted around, though.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #33
NegiTom

Okay I'll get on to the phone for a few couriers tonight, I know you've asked for cash/cheque only before, but both of those are a pain in the arse for me (posting money is generally sketchy, and cheques are just a plain hassle) and it would be ideal if I could pay by Paypal.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #34
The Locust

If NegiTom cannee sort out a courier for that head ill happily drive up and take it off your hands. Obviously I'll wait to see if you can get it sorted mate,
The Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #35
Austin174

Ship to the us. I have cash for the ns2
Peavey 6505+ 112
Austin174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #36
Shredding 4Life

Would it be possible to hold the Charvel and the LTD just until tomorrow afternoon? I'm interested, but I need to check if I can get the funds. I'll be able to collect.

Cheers
Old 10-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #37
MrFlibble

Locust, sure thing. First-come-first served obviously but yeah, if Tom runs into any trouble then you can be next in line.

Tom, Paypal's okay if you really need to use it. I just don't like using them because they take a cut of the transaction and they're nasty people that take money from charities, so I don't really like the idea of them profiting in any way. I respect they're easier to deal with though so if that's what you want to use then we can do that.
Though, see if your bank allows you to do a direct transfer online. That's quicker than Paypal and no cheeky gits nick any of the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin174
Ship to the us. I have cash for the ns2
NS2's already claimed AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I ALREADY SAID NO SHIPPING OUTSIDE THE UK. THREE TIMES.

God damn, people. Really.

Shredding, no problem at all, the offers haven't exactly been pouring in anyway

Ooh, and whichever one of you it was that tried to phone me earlier (at least I assume it was one of you), probably should have mentioned that I'm working during the day so any call goes unanswered 'till 5pm. I can take a quick text, or e-mail's always fine (in fact preferred so everything's there in writing so I don't forget anything!), but if you need to actually talk to me on the phone then make it after 5, 5:30-ish is probably the best time so you can be sure I'm free.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #38
NegiTom

Wow you get a lot of repeated questions, I thought I was bad not reading which days you were in!
I'm gunna say that if TheLocust can pick your head up, then he can have it, it will only be unnecessary headaches for us both to do it my way, and as I've gathered, you need the money, I'll take absolutely no offence in you letting him take it off your hands!

I made a few calls and 20 is the average price to get the Squier shipped. I'm probably gunna go with someone well known just because I want to get it done to shave some hassle out of your schedule. I'm away tomorrow but Wednesday I'll get it all sorted, should get it picked up Thursday morning if that'll be alright?

Do you wanna drop me an email at tom.-smith@hotmail.co.uk (thought I'd save you scrolling all the way back to page one because I'm a: "neat guy") with your address/name/etc and we can get the ball rolling.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #39
JayCartay

I don't really care about a box if you can heavily bubblewrap and tape up the pedal. Can also pay tonight as I now have some money in my PayPal
JayCartay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #40
MrFlibble

Tom, I've e-mailed you with my address + Paypal info for the bass, happy for it to be picked up Thursday (or as I said before, weekend is fine too s'long as I know a specific time, it's just a bit rude of me to tell other people to sit indoors all day not knowing when things wil turn up).

As far as the amp goes, one way we have the headache of packing and delivery and the other way we're screwing over the whole first-come-first-served nature of this board. So, I think the best way to do it is this: Tom, you chimed in first so if you really want it and you can get delivery arranged easily, its yours. If you think it's just too much bother or if you know it's going to take weeks or cost a small fortune or whatever, I'm happy for it to go to Locust. I'm not so desperate on time and money to screw people out of sales and give things to whoever comes along, but at the same time I don't think things are worth dragging out forever either. Take one more look at delivery/packing, see how you feel and get back to me about it on here (so Locust can see if he's got to cough up!) in, let's say a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCartay
I don't really care about a box if you can heavily bubblewrap and tape up the pedal. Can also pay tonight as I now have some money in my PayPal
You can't just wrap a pedal in bubblewrap and stick it in the post, that's the problem. What I don't have are boxes that the post office will accept.

Rate This Thread: