Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-29-2006, 09:41 AM   #1
Kailoq

Lucid dreaming

For those of you who don't know what it is, check wikipedia!

I recently read something about this and I thought it was pretty interesting. Apperantly you can learn it, but it's very hard. I'm not sure but I think you can control your dreams when you're having a lucid dream to, sounds like fun to me. And being able to remember your dreams is cool too I guess, I used to be able to do that, but as I got older I kept forgetting them quicker.

Has anyone here ever had lucid dreams, taught themselve to get lucid or anything else concerning this matter?

Discuss
Old 11-29-2006, 09:46 AM   #2
Archaon
Minister of Sin

I'm naturally able to lucid dream, I didn't learn it. I used to LD about once out of every two nights I slept like a year ago. Now I'm lucky if I'll be able to do it more than once a week. My powers are fading..

They're great fun though. I remember when I was young I put myself in a candy shop...Oh boy.
Archaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #3
Aidy Damage
Somewhat Damaged

If I try to take control of a dream I get 'teleported' to a worse situation. Sucks.
Aidy Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:58 AM   #4
lucid_strat
queen of the rodeo

I taught myself to recognise signs whenever I am in a dream by practice. It's pretty fun when you can manipulate little situations like conjure up a massive sword in a nightmare by just thinking about it. The best part about lucid dreaming is having the ability to have sex with anyone you want and in any location/position without anyone ever knowing...lol cant complain about that.
lucid_strat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:10 AM   #5
NemesisX
UG's Web Developer

I can do it a verrrry tiny bit.. It's very rare for me. But I don't really want to, because I figure that I wanna be out of it in my sleep. Heh.

Sometimes it can be fun though.. I mean what's better than shagging the nurses from Silent Hill as they come at you?

*laughs* Weird shit goes on in my head.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:20 AM   #6
snapneck
Eat a taco *****.

This isnt really a lucid dream situation. but i had this dream one time where i stole this car on top of this hill on this curvy road and i drove it down the hill at a vary fast speed. then i woke up for like a minute or two then fell back asleep then had a dream where i ran into someone i knew and told them about what i did the other day, which was refering to the previous dream i awoke from. it was really damn weird and awesome at the same time.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:26 AM   #7
Aidy Damage
Somewhat Damaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapneck
This isnt really a lucid dream situation. but i had this dream one time where i stole this car on top of this hill on this curvy road and i drove it down the hill at a vary fast speed. then i woke up for like a minute or two then fell back asleep then had a dream where i ran into someone i knew and told them about what i did the other day, which was refering to the previous dream i awoke from. it was really damn weird and awesome at the same time.

That happens to me sometimes. There'd be little references to previous dreams, or I'd go to a place that I went to in other dreams. This can span years, too.
Aidy Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:30 AM   #8
snapneck
Eat a taco *****.

yeah, there have been times where i felt like i have had the dream many times. Though im not really sure but you just have the gut feeling that you had that dream more than once. rather odd. which there was a device i could hook up to my head and record my dreams. thatd be a money maker.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #9
GibsonPuppeteer
Why yes, it's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapneck
yeah, there have been times where i felt like i have had the dream many times. Though im not really sure but you just have the gut feeling that you had that dream more than once. rather odd. which there was a device i could hook up to my head and record my dreams. thatd be a money maker.

YEAH dude, I have that alot! I dunno why though. Maybe it's some form of Deja Vu, or maybe you actually have the dream more than once.

Speaking of awesome dreams... I had the best dream ever last night. I was hanging out with my friend (whom I love very much, I've known her for about 10 years). And everyone around us was telling us "Stop torturing yourselves, and confess your love!" and similar things like that. And we ended up dating. Pretty nice dream. Thing is I'd really like to ask her out sometime soon.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:35 AM   #10
snapneck
Eat a taco *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonPuppeteer
YEAH dude, I have that alot! I dunno why though. Maybe it's some form of Deja Vu, or maybe you actually have the dream more than once.

Speaking of awesome dreams... I had the best dream ever last night. I was hanging out with my friend (whom I love very much, I've known her for about 10 years). And everyone around us was telling us "Stop torturing yourselves, and confess your love!" and similar things like that. And we ended up dating. Pretty nice dream. Thing is I'd really like to ask her out sometime soon.

go for it
Old 11-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #11
kanguuu
UG Fanatic

i can wake myself up during a nightmare

Quote:
Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to **** over people with iPods
kanguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #12
Drmckool
Self-proclaimed doctorate

i've tried occasionally but i feel pain in dreams

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Drmckool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:26 PM   #13
Kailoq

Anyone actually managed to teach themselves? I wanna try it if it and advice/someone to look up to would be useful
Old 11-29-2006, 04:28 PM   #14
GibsonPuppeteer
Why yes, it's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanguuu
i can wake myself up during a nightmare

I can too, but it's wierd. I go to sleep in the dream and wake up in real life.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:30 PM   #15
kanguuu
UG Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonPuppeteer
I can too, but it's wierd. I go to sleep in the dream and wake up in real life.

with me it feels like i kind of just open my eyes with my hands its wierd

Quote:
Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to **** over people with iPods
kanguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:32 PM   #16
thundrstruk891
Jungle Puma

i dont think ive ever controlled my dreams but i never [or rarely] have trouble remembering them and im often aware im in a dream but ive never controlled them before, ill try tonight =]

thundrstruk891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:32 PM   #17
Pink_Floyd89
murder addict

I like lucid dreams.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:36 PM   #18
tim_mop

i do it sometimes, cos i tried to learn it but gave up, but i happens!

it is ultimately worth doing cos its so much fun!
tim_mop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:37 PM   #19
musicianamedave
UG's Hidden Track

I taught myself how to when I was about 15 or so...it's quite lovely.

<//////>~
musicianamedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:37 PM   #20
Martyr's Prayer
Hates his username.

Awhile ago I decided to try and develop my lucid dream skills but pretty much gave up. The only lucid dream I can remember, I was on some kind of ocean side structure, and I remember a picnic table, and then a green railing and beyond that the water. Oh yeah, and an old car. When I realized I was dreaming and went lucid, I was just like WOOHOO and ran and jumped over the railing and into the water, which was dark, and just sank until I lost the dream. I don't remember it that clearly, but I do remember how it felt and it was pretty cool. There's supposed to actually be an invention called the dream machine that induces lucid dreaming. You can wikipedia it. It doesn't really sound like it causes real LDs, more like just smaller, less emersive ones. Like pretty lights. I still want to try one.

Rate This Thread: